Sign in to follow this  
Chirag Shah

Porsche Cayenne Price Hike

I am sure you must be aware about the recent price hike of the Porsche Cayenne.

I had booked this car in December 2010 with a payment of Rs 10 lacs with Shreyans Motors in Mumbai. All the specifications, colour choice etc were finalised and I have the Proforma Invoice too (which I can share with you). The specific reason for buying the car in December was to block the car at the then price instead of paying anything additional in 2011. This infact was 'explicitly marketed' by Porsche dealers. He promised us that since we had made the advance payment, any price rise will not impact our car price. To ensure this, I made a visit to their showroom and even met their main boss, Mr Ashish Chordia, who promised me the same.

Now that the prices have risen (ex showroom price of Cayenne Diesel was Rs 59.22lacs which has now increased to Rs 65.99 lacs), they have asked us to take the money back and cancel the car. The reason they say is that it is a decision from Porsche Germany and we don't have any say in the same!

Unfortunately, what has now happened is that, because of this promise, I did not purchase any other car (I was thinking of E Class, 5 Series or the X1). The prices of all these cars have risen by atleast Rs 3 lacs since then.

It is so unfortunate that Indian consumers are always taken for granted. Things like these are ignored here though we pay much more for these cars in India than what a German or an American would pay.

I want to make sure that 'such promises' and claims are never made by these car manufacturers, dealers etc. Through this forum, the magazine and the TV show, I want to ensure that this message reaches all the car enthusiasts who spend a fortune to purchase their dream cars. I really want you all to help make the world take a notice of this. smiley7.gifsmiley7.gifsmiley7.gif

Really this is not so customer friendly behavior but in these type of cases we can also not do anything. however I think we can claim on company for wasting our valuable time by making useless promises.    smiley18.gif

Well Mr ashish choradia is definitely not the ratan tata types who means it when he says "a promise is a promise". My point is, these days nothing is believable unless it is in writing, so that incase things turn sour the same can be used as evidence in the court of law. Why not look at an Audi for now. You would get the same diesel engine you were looking for in your would be Cayenne. Besides Audi takes care of its customers.

@chirag

price hike dosen't affect a car that has already been booked and Porsche would definetly not do such thing to its customer. Shreyas is known for such treatment to its customers, they did this with their Audi dealership and Audi kicked them out. IMO they are givin your car to some other customer who doesn't want to wait in line.

If i where you i would ask them to give a letter saying that the price where spiked. Scan that to Porsche germany along with booking reciept and hand over a copy of letter to my lawyer. But then again that would be me.

They should understand a person paying 75 lakhs for a car will not take this treatment. Look at the funny side, Shreyas got Ferrari and Infinity dealership also. God bless these companies
sarabjeet2011-05-07 16:44:58