Change of Registration in Different State

Recommended Posts

I have recently purchased a car in Karnataka. After 1-2 years I intend to move to Delhi. My car is currently under finance from ICICI bank for a 5-year tenure. Could someone please let me know the process of changing registration from Karnataka to Delhi and also the documents required. Also, I would like to know if there would be any refund of the road tax paid in Karnataka.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to get NOC issued for this car from rto mysore and with the NOC you can apply for re registration of your vehicle in Delhi state, however you may get a option to keep your present registration number intact ,which may differ from state to state. Yes you can claim refund from karnataka state but check that there must be some time limit by which you should claim the refund. They are suppose to pay you back the road tax on pro rata basis. Better apply for refund with NOC. Also check that there is a time limit by which you should produce your vehicle in the new state for registration.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.