vineet

Skoda - Cheaters

I own a Skoda Laura that i bought in May this year after i was upsold by one of their dealers based in Chd.

I had intended to buy a Octavia L&K but this dealer sold me Laura basis the "snob value" attached.

It is very dissheartening to see the approach Skoda has taken to launch models with significantly lower price tags.smiley18.gif

I Feel cheated by this action of theirs as this has had a direct impact on the resale value of my car.smiley7.gif

I was so angry that i contemplated selling off the vehicle & to add salt to the wound the resale within a period of 8 months now stands at less 11 lakhs.smiley3.gif

A depreciation of close to 6 lakhs in 8 months.

Tell me is that not equalant to "Robery"??

i Would Say if you still have the Laura better keep it for Over 3 years , The resale Might Be around or abve 12.5 Lakhs For your Luara , hope you dint sell itt of in Urgent , many complaints have been heard about SKoda , and This will surely be no good news for them if they continue the Same with the oncoming Fabia

Cheerssmiley20.gif

i Would Say if you still have the Laura better keep it for Over 3 years ' date=' The resale Might Be around or abve 12.5 Lakhs For your Luara , hope you dint sell itt of in Urgent , many complaints have been heard about SKoda , and This will surely be no good news for them if they continue the Same with the oncoming Fabia

Cheerssmiley20.gif
[/quote']

Yup Mndvsh is right , Skoda always does like tata , with no reliabilty Products plus Clean Shave servicing , Bad interiors and worse resale value when compared to Hondas

try to use your car for 3 years or else it will be like salt in your wound as you said,

regards,

Priya

At this rate I think there will be a Skoda hater's club, very soon. Atleast hope your car is in fine nick, Unlike Vibhor's car. I think it's basically uneducated<car wise> snobs that buy Skoda. Why would any one buy a 105 bhp diesel car for Rs. 18 lakhs still beats me. Kindly give me a reason someone....

i personally find skoda products overpriced for what they sell..the technology they got is still below par..but i think they have learned a lesson from civic n magnum now they are correcting the prices of their products but what bout the technology its still dated..

i personally find skoda products overpriced for what they sell..the technology they got is still below par..but i think they have learned a lesson from civic n magnum now they are correcting the prices of their products but what bout the technology its still dated..

you are absolutely right  gaurav , the Skodas has a very much to learn and hoping it comes with better technologies , styling and interior,

the most shocking thing was for a 12 Lac Octavia base model there is no Alloys as standard and all varaints of Octavia is having Black colored Side mouldings and Bumper mouldings which still make it dirty

regards,

priya

At this rate I think there will be a Skoda hater's club' date=' very soon. Atleast hope your car is in fine nick, Unlike Vibhor's car. I think it's basically uneducated<car wise> snobs that buy Skoda. Why would any one buy a 105 bhp diesel car for Rs. 18 lakhs still beats me. Kindly give me a reason someone....[/quote']

you said it dude.....its plain SNOB attached to it...just to flaunt that they have arrived

I own a Skoda Laura that i bought in May this year after i was upsold by one of their dealers based in Chd.

I had intended to buy a Octavia L&K but this dealer sold me Laura basis the "snob value" attached.

It is very dissheartening to see the approach Skoda has taken to launch models with significantly lower price tags.smiley18.gif

I Feel cheated by this action of theirs as this has had a direct impact on the resale value of my car.smiley7.gif

I was so angry that i contemplated selling off the vehicle & to add salt to the wound the resale within a period of 8 months now stands at less 11 lakhs.smiley3.gif

A depreciation of close to 6 lakhs in 8 months.

Tell me is that not equalant to "Robery"??

basically all luxary cars bear the brunt of high depreciation..may be the price one pays for buying them.smiley19.gif

You all are absolutely correct about the facts mentioned. Though to share some facts:--

The major reason why someone will buy a Deisel car @ 18lakhs is purely due to options available. I agree, we might come from the "uneducated<car wise> snobs " group but surely if you could advice on some similar alternatives driven by Diesel.

I am 100% with prayas when he says "Skodas has a very much to learn and hoping it comes with better technologies , styling and interior" and add "they stick to what they are known for & not compete with TATA's"

Also, remember the Laura is Octavia in the rest of the world. It is the update, so if you can afford it do so by all means. How many of you will buy a Santro in preference to the i10?

I am not surprised at Skoda's actions.

At the price point they were selling the Laura, the Civic was beating them hollow.

Now that they have woken up, lets hope they price the Fabia correctly.

i agree that introduction of a lower model has depreciated the price of upper models ( resale price)... but i think if u keep the car for 3-5 yrs it should cover up the cost... definetly selling it befor 3yrs is a total loss

just got this thread and had to bring it back in life in favor the Skoda lovers here! classic example to understand the Overpricing, cheater (dealer) network, resale value, expensive spares and oh yes! " Obsessed with Quality " Skoda since 18958!

Do you have anything to add or are you resurrecting to add to the count?

NEITHER, it looks like he's just got buggerall else to do in life..smiley36.gif

Do you have anything to add or are you resurrecting to add to the count?

NEITHER' date=' it looks like he's just got buggerall else to do in life..smiley36.gif
[/quote']

seriously i dont have much to do in life, only if i had a Skoda i would have been running up and down to teh service station

seriously i dont have much to do in life, only if i had a Skoda i would have been running up and down to teh service station

So you do not own a Skoda and still talk about it amazing why dont you guys restrict yourselves to personal experiences and not baseless fancies, and it should be 'if only' not 'only if'

So you do not own a Skoda and still talk about it amazing why dont you guys restrict yourselves to personal experiences and not baseless fancies' date=' and it should be 'if only' not 'only if'
[/quote']

IF ONLY people bothered to get their heads outa their ARSES and not follow the masses.. they'd know what they were missing out on.. what say?

EDIT.. waddaya know.. that rhymes.
Zavo2008-03-18 11:24:10

Go ahead Aditya..

It's like this.. an analogy if you would allow me.. if you see dogs barking on the road or a mad person screaming.. do you join in or just keep ignore the dogs or the mad person?

Go drive the car.. if you like it..shut your eyes and go for it.

Its a good car..If people hav money and want to spent on it then its not a problem..And please please some people here compare it with swift even if power with fabia is less than swift dont DARE to compare it with swift....MSIL cant match SKODA in any case...Go ahead and buy it looks HOT in RED and BLACK..