hector0285

hike in petrol prices need LPG/CNG hondas

With the latest increase in petrol prices its very difficult to buy petrol cars ,which i very much like to do but it does not make any sense econimically

but there are so many good cars which are only available in petrol version ,

the cars which i personally like to own but wont is due to its TYPE OF FUELUSED IN IT .

1) honda crv  

2) honda accord

3) mistu outlander

4) SKODA LAURA TSI (LPG when you travel and PETROLwhen the racer     in you needs that dose of  instant speed)

As every one knows diesel vechile cost a little more to buy and to maintain but cheap to run than petrol but if the petrol vechile gets LPG/CNG  option it wont cost more to buy nor maintain nor run them  .

IF SOME ONE FROM HONDA ARE SEEING THIS PLEASE LAUNCH LPG HONDA CRV I WILL BE THE THE FIRST ONE TO BUY ONE

@hector

I just recently bought a 2007 Civic and decided to use it on petrol ( i am a diesel guy) but the 68 rs a ltr was a shocker so converted my Civic to CNG today.

Converting a Honda to run on LPG (even more so CNG) is sacrilege in my view.

Why would it be that? Considering that Honda it self has CNG/LPG varients available globally. Its indian mentality to shun alternate fuels.

In my view buying an engine with its legendary power to weight ratio, and then emasculating it by 10-30% is a no go. But one is entitled to his own view.

i dont think using 30 % lesspower will effect anybody much as it is doing you good indirectly as cng/lpg are less polluting and hence saving the planet and at the same time saving your pocket from a big hole i dont think anybody are using their car engines to 100% efficiency .

I have a 2L engine with dual fuel capabilities.  The cng tank holds 13 cubic meters which gives me 150k in the city at less than half the cost of petrol.  There is little difference in power that you can  feel.  The real difference is in the cost per kilometer.  It's less than half petrol.  I use the cng in the city and petrol on the freeway. This link breaks it down pretty well for India.