1. 1. Which you think is the best new Sedan for 8-12L

• New FORD FIESTA
    • New HYUNDAI VERNA RB
    • VW VENTO
    • RENAULT FLUENCE
    • SKODA RAPID
    • NISSAN SUNNY

Which you think is the best new Sedan for 8-12L category

My friend has booked a new Verna a month back. He has received an info from a company that it is coming fitted with GPS system for the high end manual version (but not the auto version- which I was surprised and contradicted). But is now he disappointed that is does not have one.

But the Fiesta has thrown in surprising features like voice-assisted controls.

Don't know what surprises will the others throw in.

Though 4 of them are not yet in the market- which of them should befitting rival the VW Vento or do you think VENTO is supreme in this segment?

1248905976092.jpghhhh.jpgVolkswagen-Vento-Argentina.jpgRenault-Fluence.jpgSkoda-Rapid-revised.jpg

Nissan-Sunny-China.jpg

Since Verna is already launched it can be voted as best in it's class but the others are yet to get introduced and they all will either come with features and equipment similar to Verna's or better than that.

But these sedans have it's own followers and selection of sedan would not be purely on the features or equipment but also on the manufacturer and brand.

There is a kind of one to one fight of each vehicles stated in poll i.e. .

Verna and Fiesta will compete with each other    - Will appeal to mass and most favoured considering success of i10, i20, Figo.

Rapid and Vento will compete with each other     - Have already developed a niche for it's vehicles and people who love Skoda and VW may not go to any other make / brand.

Renault Fluence and Nissan Sunny will compete with each other     -  May struggle to find it's space in already crowded Sedan segment but both the companies Renault and Nissan are well known and may remain limited urban crowd where

Out the lot as stated in the lot Ford Fiesta is expected to have the best equipment , looks and features. So there would be tough fight between Verna and Fiesta.

My vote goes to Skoda Rapid.

I think cruze also starts at 11 lacks. Skoda rapid isnt out but already got votes. I would vote of verna' date=' its look impressive.[/quote']

Linea TJet is missing from the list. Its one of the Best in the mentioned category.

Reason that I have left out these beauties is because they have been left out in the shoot out and the VW VENTO has been chosen the better.

All the rest 5 are scheduled to be launched soon....

TAUREAN CZAR2011-05-16 15:40:30

My vote also goes to the Hyundai Verna RB !!!

But if I had a second chance to vote it would have gone in favor of the Skoda Rapid. My Skoda Octavia is due for a replacement. And with no hassle maintainence I might consider the Skoda Rapid. I had no pinch because It was under the 3 year/60k maintainence package. It has just ended and my next service for 67500 kms is due soon.

Will decide after that.

Even though New Verna is a scorching looker, but don't expect anyone to be better in Reliability, Quality-rich & Plusher than Volkswagen Vento.

VW India gives 6-years warranty to its Bodywork alone, that means it remains glistening atleast till by that time, while in same span other cars starts heading towards the scrap-yards.

Globally VW cars comes with 6-years Paint warranty & 12-years Anti-corrosion warranty.

Why not Sx4 diesel in your list?

Maruti SX4 Diesel Specifications:

Model: ZDi

Car Body Type: Sedan

Segment: C+ Segment

Top Speed: 185

Fuel Consumption: Highway - 21.00 kmpl

Fuel Consumption: City - 15.00 kmpl

Seating Capacity: 5

Tyre Size: 195/65 R15

Suspension: Independent Front & Semi Independent Rear

Turning Circle: 5.30 mtrs.

Steering: Tilt

Brakes: Front Disk, Rear Drum

Gears: 5 Manual

Ground Clearance: 180.00 mm

Kerb Weight: 1250.00 kgs.

Fuel Tank: 50.00

Engine Specifications:

Displacement: 1248cc, DDiS

Engine Type: Diesel

Maximum Power: 89 Bhp @ 4000 rpm

Maximum Torque: 200 Nm @ 1750 rpm.

---------------------------------------------------

If not, then ford Fiesta would be a great choice either!

VW Vento"s ground clearance is a big problem for the uneven roads.

Volkswagen Vento emerges as new leader in mid-size sedan segment.

In just eight months of its debut in the Indian market, the German Volkswagen Vento has left behind the segment leader Honda City in sales, for the consecutive second month in a row. The German auto giant managed to sell 6,839 Volkswagen Vento sedans in the period of March 2011 to April 2011, as compared to 4,315 units sold of the Honda City in the same period.

With the launch of Polo hatchback in the volume drive small hatchback segment in April 2010 and Vento sedan in the mid size sedan segment in August 2010, Volkswagen has been able to turn around its fortunes in the Indian market in a period of just one year.

In a recent statement, Neeraj Garg, Director Volkswagen Group Sales said, "We are lucky to have been able to make it happen in an otherwise hugely competitive Indian market." He added that a 360 degree approach to deliver global quality at local prices has worked for the company.

The Vento model was offered in the country with a competitive starting price tag of Rs 6.99 lakh, becoming the cheapest petrol-run mid-size sedan in the Indian market. Besides Honda City, the Vento model is currently taking on the likes of Fiat Linea, Toyota Etios, Hyundai Verna and Maruti SX4.

Source: Car Trade Indiashanthanreddyp2011-05-20 13:14:50

The advantage with the VW group (Skoda& Audi) and the Europeans is that their built is solid and they are robust. You need not worry about the engine till it does 3,00,000kms.

The American, Japs and Koreans have frequent problems with the suspension. To cut down weight they reduce the weight of suspension components. Due to this problem that need frequent change of ball & sockets and swing arm and bushes change which is not regular on EU built vehicles.

Even in  Japs & koreans (except for Toyotas) not all mfrs do not guarentee a 3,00,k kms performance.

TAUREAN CZAR2011-05-21 12:00:43