abhineet

City or Verna Fluidic or new Ford Fiesta

pls help me choose between Honda city, verna fluidic and ford fiesta
my personal preference is city, the only thing going against it ar the 'in car' features.
No parking cam or sensor, no bluetooth support unlike the other two cars.

Should I get the city and have all these installed, how much extra will it cost me?

Or should I go for Verna/Fiesta?
-------------
Please read the rules.
Use proper spelling and punctuation. Even the title was in all lower case.
No salutations, sign offs.

Welcome to ACI

Thread moved.
BornFree2011-05-18 09:47:46

Parking cam + sensor 7thousand, Bluetoothsupport 2500 to 3000thousand. Just you need to pay 10,000 extra. I would prefer city rather than the ford or the verna(cat-on-the-wall editions).

(Also keep in mind that it would void the warrenty)Aerospeedcars2011-05-18 08:34:31

Hi Abhineet! Each of these cars serves a different segment.

Verna's positives are the mountain of features it provides.

City is known for reliability, build quality, fuel economy and an overall great ownership experience.

Fiesta is still a month or so away from being available for sale. Its supposed to be the best driver's car amongst the ones mentioned here and also a tad bit smaller than the rest. Its got ample features available and probably will be cheaper than the other two.

It depends what your interests are and on the basis of which you can make a decision. I would personally go for the City out of these three because it pretty much does everything well except for Honda being a little stingy on features.

thanks alot..city was my choice before verna and ford happened. I test drove city last week and quite liked it.

I am really looking only for parking cam and bluetooth support more in the city. Will the warranty still be void if I get all this installed from showroom?

pls dnt mind some basic questions as it is first time im going to buy a car.

thnx

abhineet

No abhijeet, if you get it installed from Honda dealer, the warranty does not get void.

But the price at which the equipment is available with the dealers is manifold.
driftpunk2011-05-18 11:20:52

Get City E MT and install a stereo with Bluetooth compatibility on it. That does not void any warranty even if you get it done from outside. I know someone who has done this and still has his warranty intact.

If you were looking at V MT, then comparatively, you will be missing some chrome, alloy wheels, and will get greyish interiors instead of beige ones.

You can get the alloys(26k) and parking sensor(7k for normal 23k for Camera) from Honda and you would still be saving some money and warranty!

Parking sensor (7k for normal) (23k for Camera) from Honda

Rahul, are you sure about the 7k wala price. I'm ready to shell out 7k for the sensors provided it offers the features that I am looking for. Please enlighten what is offered in that system.

pls help me choose between Honda city' date=' verna fluidic and ford fiesta
my personal preference is city, the only thing going against it ar the 'in car' features.
No parking cam or sensor, no bluetooth support unlike the other two cars.

Should I get the city and have all these installed, how much extra will it cost me?

Or should I go for Verna/Fiesta?
[/quote']

When you are choosing cars firstly you need to know about their companies.

Hyundai are known for their diesel mills, you have considered City(petrol) so there is no chance for hyundai here.

Ford is better know for both diesel and petrol engines but their petrol engines are slightly less economical than say Honda's. But on the other hand Ford cars are well balanced, better built and are known to build driver's car.

Since you are inclined towards Honda. Get a E varient, Fit a double din touch screen with bluetooth (25-35K) dempending on which brand you choose. This can be done outside the showroom and will not viod you warrenty as there would be no alternations done to the existing wiring.

Rear senors and camera can be fit from the showroom if you want. Camera can be connected to the Double din touch screen deck.

For the Petrol version strictly opt for Honda City.

Its truly unmatched for the Driving pleasure, feel, Refinement & fuel efficiency she offers in a package below Rs.10 lacs.

Try to opt its Top-end V-MT version as its decently loaded with gadgets & gizmos.

Get Parking Sensors(not Cam) from Honda Accessories section & regarding bluetooth, I think better is to buy the personal Bluetooth Headset to talk confidentially then to talk aloud on Bluetooth Carkit.

Look no further simply go for it

Honda charges 15k for rear sensors alone and along with rear camera it will add 15k more . Also the honda compatable bluetooth kit cost around 20k . So you end up spending cost to 50k if you buy accessoried from Honda (atleast this is the case in Mumbai).

as to people completely dismissing the verna petrol, guys at least see what is doing,

agreed the old petrol verna was never a scorcher, but still value for money for many

the new petrol seems to have all that it takes, especially the features, ride and interiors if u compare it to the city

the , no doubt a great car,too isnt as good in handling as many other cars

for city driving , its yet to be seen how the verna stacks up against the city, the experts have already given their green flag to it regarding its handling w.r.t city drives

the city scores more in road grip as it has a low planted drive, but then again its tires, squeal if ur of the cornering type

also honda mainteinance and body parts are costlier than hyundai, and i wonder people who claim honda has a better ass than  hyundai , have ever compared both accurately.

the features offered in verna do help in daily driving, contrary to what many people dismiss as extras on a average car , which many term the verna as

abs,ebd, dual bags fog lamps, auto door lock/unlock,cooled glove box, 16 inch wheels, electronic orvrm, elctrochromic rvm are features on the middle version of verna, not counting the other ones, which i believe are certainly of flash value, excluding the 6 six bags,

the rear seats handling of verna , is the major crux where they have have panned it , and still said city is petrol king , i agree in rear seats, city is tops, also the rear visibility, which many skip , is the best in the city, and i think the rear parking sensors and cams are not needed when such fabulous visibility is offeredd

hyundai knew its rear visibility was compromised due to the coup design so it offered the cam an sensor, i belive its more a neccessity for all drivers than an extra feature, although many might be able to drive it without both.

but its too early to comment, i suggest abhineet to go for minimum 2 td's if the td's that r offered are short,understand the handling, gear ratios and drive ability of the new verna before u take the plunge ,

there are many verna customers who are in total love with their cars, handling included......

at 9 .5 lakhs with all those feautres and a powerful engine, i dont see why verna makes more sense than a honda for daily city driving

at the end, you know what u need,

city will give you the best engine of its class, capable of lasting long ,really long, a very sprint friendly car, that zooms well in the city as well as highway, scoring low on ground clearance , interior plastics and overall features offered

the verna , covers all that the city doesnt give, offers a more powerful engine, a much improved handler than the past one and a super smooth ride quality.

take ur verna td's and take ur pick, both are great cars

i would say that go for verna fludic as it comes loaded with features which honda city does not

Honda city is a great car no doubtbut is no longer a VFM product as compared to competition IMO

If you can wait a bit then check out on fiesta as well smiley1.gif