Transfer of Car Regn - Docs to be submitted to RTO

Recommended Posts

You need the following :

1.  Application to RTA for transfer of ownership (sold at RTA office)

2. Two/Three photographs of the new owner

3. The old Registration Certificate (paper or card) which is valid

4. Insurance policy for the car which is valid

5. Financing Bank's discharge letter so as to cancel the hypothecation clause

6. If you are taking a new loan, then the application should also be signed by

    the new financier/Bank.

7. A fresh pollution check certificate indicating that the car is non-polluting

8. Valid address proof of the new owner (ration card, bank passbook etc.,)

9. Some RTAs insist (even though it is not legally required) that the owner (in

    this case the second owner) should buy some NSCs (usually sold by a

    staff member acting as a NSC agent).

10. If the new owner is already holding a valid Driving Licence, a copy of the

     same.  (this is not mandatory).

11. Original Paid challan (paid in RTA office or in the nearby eSeva centre)

      for transfer of ownership - amount decided by RTA from time to time.


And, you need someone who can get the thing done (aka a broker/agent) at a

reasonable service cost.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.