carluver

santro xing vs zen lxi

hai friends, i am going to buy my first car. my budget will be 2.5 lakhs. i want to go for a used santro xing. but my friends tell me to go for a used zen lxi. please help me which one is better? some say santro back seat is bumpy. pls help.

Both are very good at Used car market , the Zen 2004 model LXi for 2 .5 lakhs is good buy .

If you want a takk boy , easy entry and exit and a high seat psotion , go for santro ,

If you arent bothered much with Zen entry and exit and low hight , go for Zen

Cheerssmiley20.gif

hai friends' date=' i am going to buy my first car. my budget will be 2.5 lakhs. i want to go for a used santro xing. but my friends tell me to go for a used zen lxi. please help me which one is better? some say santro back seat is bumpy. pls help.[/quote']

The Zen Lxi is better value , you would like it , and afterall Friends allways suggest you the Better one

Regards,

Priya

zen is a better car and would offer u the peace of mind....good mileage, fun to drive and easy to maintain.on the other hand spares of santro is expensive but the seating,drive and interiors feel better than the zen....happy choosingsmiley1.gif

hey man! like eveyone else. i wud also suggest Zen, in fact that was my first car too.. i still love it, but now its like those gone old school days.... Zen is a lot of fun, Santro is much better on comfort but am sure yu will like to have more fun ha! smiley20.gif

Yup go for the Zen. I myself bought a 2nd hand Zen Lxi couple of months back. it was 2004 model and i paid 2.7lac But that was because i bought it from a maruti Truevalue outlet.

It is very zippy and real fun to drive. Initially i always wondered whether i made right choice since the car is not in production anymore. But now i am fully satisfied.

Also if you go for one of the brigther colours your car will always get a 2nd glance. I have a red one and there are not too many red zens on the road especially compared to the Santros and Alto's whcich every second person seems to own :) : )

Only disadvantage i have seen is that because of the low seating position and the shape of the front of the car, visibility towards the front left corner is not perfect. Bit of a hinderence especially in Bangalore traffice where every centimeter counts. But thats something you get easily used to.
Rajeevraj2007-12-21 16:51:17

Agreed. The agricultural Santro engine is no match for the lovely Alloy in the Zen. Just to illustrate we had occasion to drive a considerable distance on the GQ in both an Old Zen (Carb model) and a far newer Also VX (1.1). Above 100kph the less powerful Zen (52 v 62 bhp) beat the Alto hollow. The Santro engine is not known for its sweetness either.

Agreed. The agricultural Santro engine is no match for the lovely Alloy in the Zen. Just to illustrate we had occasion to drive a considerable distance on the GQ in both an Old Zen (Carb model) and a far newer Also VX (1.1). Above 100kph the less powerful Zen (52 v 62 bhp) beat the Alto hollow. The Santro engine is not known for its sweetness either.

Can anyone post a Pic of Both Santros Agricultural engine and Zens Alloy Engine ,  i hav heard that many people like the Old Zens 1 Litre Engine and are very happy with , the reason is , when people are happy with the Short Zen why shud MS launch Estilo like wagonR???

Regards,

Priya

The car was getting long in the tooth, with the Jellybean shape out of fashion.

More important the 1l alloy had a far higher import content, and was much costlier to make than the 1.1l petrol, which is no more than 4/3 of the 800 engine, i.e, an additional cylinder to make it a 4cyl. This way only the block, crank and head are different. Of these only the crank is really different, sinc ethe others are jsut the addition of a 4th cylinder.

zen is a delight to drive....
you may consider used wagon R too... if you are too keen on practicality....

The older WagonR was not very good , so it will be better if he doesnot consider it

The Zen is the right choice

Regards,

Priya

Agreed. But the Santro (and now i10) is better packaged in terms of space utilization. With the WagonR based Zen bombing on the market,  we may see a better Zen again. We need the lovely alloy engine in place of the 4/3 M800 engine.

Hello,

If its the pre Estilo Zen, then I would go for the Zen. I just love the looks & engine of that car. Interior space is a bit less, but I would not mind it. The upgrade in which Zen got clear lens headlamp sort of diluted its earlier character to some extent, but its still better than Estilo.

Hello' date='

If its the pre Estilo Zen, then I would go for the Zen. I just love the looks & engine of that car. Interior space is a bit less, but I would not mind it. The upgrade in which Zen got clear lens headlamp sort of diluted its earlier character to some extent, but its still better than Estilo.
[/quote']

Yes he means the USED ZEN means Pre Zen Estilo

Soo everyones in the opinion that carluver should buy the Used Zen LXi

Soo carluver what have you decided , please  keep updating

Regards,

Priya

Well my registeration card says it has 38.5bhp beat that.

Funny. In any case Taxable hp is not the same as true hp.

The RTO registration these days is on capacity (cc). If they use hp then they  translate 100cc to one taxable hp.

Even on the old RAC formula a 1 litre engine will not work out to 38.5bhp, it may be 12 or so. Incidentally is was this formula which led to looooong stroke engines, since they had a lower taxable hp rating for the same capacity.

to be precise it is written 38.5bhp and torque is 9.5.

Amazing! My registrations just state the Engine capacity. Earlier I had the bhp as engine capacity in cc/100. Only ages ago did they mention taxable hp. Obviously your state has different rules.

Now with tax as x% of the mrp all this whumpf is useless, but rules are rules. Many ages ago (before OTT) the road tax was based on taxable hp.

Also, how does torque come into the picture ???

sgiitk2007-12-29 18:00:29