Sandy

2012 Fortuner

Toyota is planning a face lift for the Fortuner. The face lifted version of the brawny SUV was first spotted in Indonesia a few days back Toyota has brought the cosmetically upgraded version to India as well, and is testing the new version in the real world.

In its new avatar, the Fortuner will maintain its current size and proportions and is not expected to undergo any mechanical changes. The front and rear exterior ends of the car, however, will undergo a cosmetic upgrade.

At the front, the current grumpy-looking, mean grille will get wider and taper at the bottom to make for a friendlier, smiley face for the SUV. This is bad news for me personally, as I absolutely love the menacing fascia of the Fortuner which by far is the most intimidating face on any car sold in India. The bonnet will get chiselled and will get some additional lines for a more athletic appearance. The headlamps will now taper towards the grille, and the central air dam on the bumper will get wider, accommodating the fog lamps within its black plastics at the two ends. The front bumper, with the new central air-dam is somehow reminiscent of the new VWs (Passat, Vento Jetta).

We expect the new Fortuner to be introduced in a few months

I hope Toyota don't end up making the fortuner too smily the current grill and headlamp cobo looks great !!

The Facelift looks like Toyota has made the Fortuner look more like the Prado . Lets hope Toyota given the mammoth a Rear disc brake also (the current brakes aren't enough at triple digit speeds). A new interior re-vamp will be more appretiated than the exterior look though.

I like the current Fortuner alot. And I think the Fortuner is not old enough to get a facelift this early. Although a change for the better is always welcome!

-Rssh - "I hope Toyota don't end up making the fortuner too smily "

Nice one. I would like it to retain its masculine macho look rather than become a smily faced vehicle.

I like the current Fortuner alot. And I think the Fortuner is not old enough to get a facelift this early.

Agreed 100% with you drifty.

Actually this facelift is meant mainly for Fortuner serving in Asia Pacific markets where its serving from more than last 5-6 years but It would really be a strange thing if they launch this face-lift before an year here.

For the moment its better for them to concentrate on Etios & Etios LIVA now.

Toyota is internationally offering this car in three engines which are the 3.o lit diesel which does duty on the Indian version, then there is the 2.5 lit diesel and 2.7 lit petrol engine. For the Indian market since Fortuner has made a mark as the king of its segment Toyota can take the risk of launching a smaller capacity Fortuner which will be the 2.5 lit Diesel engine which makes 144hp and 343 Nm of torque. The smaller engine will not have a 4*4 version. While on the other hand the 3.0 lit engine in international market comes with Automatic gearbox and All Wheel Drive and  Automatic 4*2 option too.

(source-motoroids)

some spy pics :

(safety against theft):

Safety-Aganist-Theft-300x138.jpg

(lcd display for dvd,parking & other info)

Reverse-Parking-camera-300x140.jpg

(new tail lamps)

New-Taillight-300x135.jpg

(new steering wheel - not like innova)

New-Steering-Wheel-300x134.jpg

(front view - new headlamps)
New-Chrome-Grille-300x137.jpg

(hid lights)

HID-300x131.jpg

(engine immobiliser)

Engine-Immobilizer-300x144.jpg

(driver side bottle holder)