dr_nishu

SCOOP! Fiat Punto Facelift coming

What a strategical move by Fiat?

Now the 200-300 Fiat buyers would also wait to see the new car, thus not purchasing the existing ones. If its a small refresh, why take so much time.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fiat's Dec sales figures settle in double digit.

As some one mentioned before, Fiat should sell its assembly line and start making Hand crafted Cars like Bentley/ Rolls Royce or a Enfield Bike.

The one thing Fiat has not been able to understand till now, is that no matter

how much their brand is loved, Fiat never reciprocates that "love" back.

1. Tata obsessed dealers who favour a tata instead of a fiat being sold.

2. Service guys wantedly changing parts which can last longer.

3. & Fiats faint attempt at communicating to their buyers through TV ads which just talk about the vehicle but does not strike a " Wow what a car" kind of response from the viewers.

I seriously feel the Bravo had a segment of its own in the indian market. Now that its not coming, what else will Fiat lauch? An estate Linea, or a smaller entry level car. Palio new model would mean nothing to an Indian buyer who would end up getting up confused why a better hatchback exists in the form of a punto. Unless fiat really differentiates its model range i feel even the existing range would fade away from the minds of new car buyers.

If its just such small changes like upgraded AC and increased ground clearance. I don't think it's going to make any difference to the sales numbers. Unless of course they come out with some price cuts.

Still I'm expecting a whole set of Updations/changes in New 2012 Punto irrespective of what they've written in that above posted pic.

I don't think these minor alterations deserves a special attention or for which the car can alone be called a 2012 edition.

Still I'm expecting a whole set of Updations/changes in New 2012 Punto irrespective of what they've written in that above posted pic.
I don't think these minor alterations deserves a special attention or for which the car can alone be called a 2012 edition.

I agree wit Nishu as these small changes would not attract customer to FIAT showrooms. In fact these changes are not even enough to bring customers in FIAL pavillion in AE 2012.

Hope there are many more things like "Haathi ke daat Khane ke aur Dikhane ke aur".

Read the January Autocar Issue.

Alarmingly the new linea 0-100 and in-gear 20-80; 40 - 100 speeds are mentioned slower than it was before. Already the linea is accused of being underpowered. But the in-gear accelerations were nice though. But now that too has been chopped down? I simply wish the autocar report is wrong!!!

luukie2012-01-02 05:44:33