sarabjeet

I want this i20

Vacations are on. You all know how irritated parents feel when they see their adorables sleeping till 1 in the afternoon.smiley2.gif

Mom woke me up, gave a list in my hand of vegetables to be bought with their current rate in brackets. No other choice but to obey orders.

thank god i did go to the market , otherwise i would have missed this.

BQS4Cl.jpg
brsjol.jpg

It doesn't look like convert it is factory finish. It was a normal manga varient. Any idea guys ?

@drifty: We parents get irritated mostly because we aren't able to do what our kids do. Our time: we had no gizmo's no gadget's, so we used to really sweat out in the hot sun, childhood as we knew it is gone forever. Coming to the point, why would anyone go thru' the pains of getting this 2 door i20?

A good discovery Sarabjeet. Though it doesn't look like a modified one, however possibility of being one can not be ruled out. Few days back i too seen one with modified bumper etc. Found something interesting here.....

Usually cars for the export market manufactured in India damaged during transit to port are scrapped even for small dents and breakages and these are then sold to salvage buyers in India, these cars are repaired and resold in the market, however they do not carry the company warranty, There are ways these cars can be bought, ofcourse the cars specs are different and they go substantially cheap!!! smiley17.gif

sarabjeet I20 two door was first spotted by autocar reader and autocar published the image in march 2010 issue last page.

As per mag , at that time hyundai was testing this car in pune for international market as there was no market for two-door hatchbacks.

maybe they are still testing it or they are planning to launch it finally.

@Friends:

My mind says its an after market mod job but the fit and finish of the car says something else,is it possible to have something like this imported from Korea?

@DD i guess u got the name wrong :), well yes but kids are not to be blamed alone, whenever we plan to play cricket we all have to contribute towards a hefty fine for breaking window.

For the topic, dunno but it looks neat. The Asta variant would look better in this 2 door hatch.

@Chandoksumit, this car is registered Mh-14 for private use. It cannot be a test mull.

@Vipul maybe it belongs to a executive of Hyundai

@BF it was a spot. But seriously couldn't take my eyes of the car. It is just perfect car.

@Anijog Any idea where you can lay hands on these export cars ?

I feel the door is bigger than the 4 door version and hence it could be factory made car and not an after-market work. Even I have seen Left hand drive I-10 in ahmedabad. But I could not take the pic, as I was driving the car in traffic and the car moved fast. So the only assumption we can put is; Hyundai has sold dented/damaged car to salvage buyers and they have restored it, as said by aniljog.

Great catch ! The car looks to have a permanent registration ,but I don't see any varient badge on the rear hatch . Also can he register a 3 door hatch at the RTO ,unless Hyundai has instated the vehicle to all the RTO's . It doesn't look like a mod job. Look at the clear lens type side indicators on the side of the car .This looks like a pre release model of i20 which was used for testing in India (I may be wrong)

@ Sarabjit,

There are specific salvage buyers in the market for these cars, however converting a LHD to a RHD is not a easy job I don't think it can be reliable! and you cannot register a LHD in India.

looks awesome!! now this car would be a stunner with the 1.4 CRDi engine. or maybe a 1.6 turbocharged. hahaha but on a serious note, i really doubt Hyundai would launch this variant.

I seriously dont get it.

Why doesnt Hyundai actually sell it on an 'Order basis'

Since they already export it from here, I wonder whats the issue?