anjan_c2007

Fiat's Masterplan for India 2008-10

The exact plans of Fiat India Ltd as in Economic Times Delhi edition dtd

20/12/2007---

Headlined "Fiat in Top Gear" page 4 (ET)

the calendar of launches

-Feb 08 multijet Palio produced at Ranjangaon price tag starts at Rs 4.5

lakhs with a new five gear transmission to be localised by May 2008. This

engine and transmission will also feature on the Nex Gen Tata Indica evolution

codenamed the X 1 due for launch in March 2008

-Cinquecento CBU from Italy

April'08 to cost Rs 10-12 lakhs- daringly the first CBU import hatchback.

-July '08 Bravo CBU from Italy to cost Rs 14-15 lakh

-Sept '08 Linea from Ranjangaon with the 1.3 multijet engine priced at Rs 9.5

to 10 lakhs

-Nov-Dec '08 Alfa Romeo launch as CBU imports

-Nov-Dec '08 FERRARI pre-launch activities incl. dealer appointments and

a Pan-India drive

-mid'09 Grande Punto launch from Ranjangaon price tag Rs 5 lakhs onwards

-early 2010 nex Gen Palio launch, based on the previous generation Punto

platform

So over the next 24 months Fiat will be in the centre stage as far as India is

concerned. Their no. of dealers are expected to go up from 65 to 100 by 2008

end. Most of these models will be featured at the AUTO EXPO at Delhi

in Jan '08

good info, Hope Fiat will soon setup their own Sales and Service network in the country to market their new models and service their old ones too which are roaming around and no body to take care of them properly

good info' date=' Hope Fiat will soon setup their own Sales and Service network in the country to market their new models and service their old ones too which are roaming around and no body to take care of them properly[/quote']

its true..their present customers are left in the lurch...incase fiat is able to win their confidence first ..it would be the best PR event that would turn out to be a great goodwill for the company..hope fiat `s gonna do its homework rightsmiley1.gif

Hi guys, am Praveen from Chennai

It was disappointing to read the ET news reg the Grande Punto. I was expecting it to be launched by Mid-Sept '08 and was thinking I of waiting till then for my upgrade to a bigger car.

I was looking for a Rs 5-6L hatch with a good rear bench, but not too underpowered. Maybe I should now wait for the Fabia or try out the Ford Fusion?

Folks -  Can u help my thinking process?

Hi guys' date=' am Praveen from Chennai

It was disappointing to read the ET news reg the Grande Punto. I was expecting it to be launched by Mid-Sept '08 and was thinking I of waiting till then for my upgrade to a bigger car.

I was looking for a Rs 5-6L hatch with a good rear bench, but not too underpowered. Maybe I should now wait for the Fabia or try out the Ford Fusion?

[/quote']

fait palio 1.6 can be a option

About Fiat Linea' date=' there is a lot of confusion. The price range mentioned ranges from 6.5 lacs- 10 lacs. Is it a SX4 competitor or in corolla/civic range?[/quote']

This is what I read and believe, Fiat Linea 1.4 petrol FIRE wire and 1.3 multi-jet diesel will compete with SX4 and Aveo with the same 1.3MJD, Fiesta, Verna, etc. Though I have not heard of higher engine options coming to India right now, Linea has options of 1.4 turbo jet petrol and 1.9MJD and a lot more features. http://www.fiatlinea.com. These two powerful engines with more advanced features can compete in new Corolla, Civic, Laura range. What I meant is, they have the stuff to fit in these ranges.

Hi guys' date=' am Praveen from Chennai

[/quote']

why dont yu check out Getz crdi... a lot spacious and powerful too... will definetly be a better choice over Fabia

The Cinquecento (the Fiat 500 hatch), Bravia and  Linea will be the next to follow. We will have to wait upto mid '09 for the Grande Punto.

Fiat's Ferrari pre launch pan Indian rallies slated for Nov-Dec '08 have already begun - lets hope they advance the Grande Punto launch.

Where are the Fiat dealers? They can't have great plans and launches by riding on the wings of TATA. They should first have dedicated dealers and aftersales service of their own. Not let their clients at the 'mercy' of Tata dealers. Fiat  is basically is building huge sand castles on the beach. Where would any company be without a dedicated dealer and aftersales service. FIAT stands for "Fix It Again Tomorrow"; until they prove otherwise. Durango Dude2008-03-15 16:56:17

Where are the Fiat dealers? They can't have great plans and launches by riding on the wings of TATA. They should first have dedicated dealers and aftersales service of their own. Not let their clients at the 'mercy' of Tata dealers. Fiat  is basically is building huge sand castles on the beach. Where would any company be without a dedicated dealer and aftersales service. FIAT stands for "Fix It Again Tomorrow"; until they prove otherwise.

its good to not have a dealer network rather than having a cheater network like what Skoda has! their overpriced, low quality products need a strong cheater network to sell them but the products from FIAT stand by themselves and sell by themselves. Obviously they are never overpriced!

FYI..... I wasnt surprised when I heard from a gentleman that FIAT has planned to setup their own dealer network too... after all they would have to do that when they have plans to get world class products like Punto, Bravo, Linea!!!!
harryccc2008-03-15 17:20:03

and you know what they say SKODA since 1999... but you know what we understand without saying FIAT since 1899.... an experience of a century that doesnt have to say it loud everytime smiley2.gif

and you know what they say SKODA since 1999... but you know what we understand without saying FIAT since 1899.... an experience of a century that doesnt have to say it loud everytime smiley2.gif

oops am sorry! i saw an ad yesterday that read, Skoda since 1895, i felt sorry to have made a mistake in my post that i said Skoda since 1999 but then i looked down on the ad to read " Obsessed with Quality ", then i had all the more reasons to LAUGH OUT LOUD and said to my self " Skoda Diseased due to Quality "smiley2.gif

I read it in Autocar and few other articles that the Linea

will be priced around 7/8 lakhs and definitely not 10 lakhs. They must be

stupid to price it so high. I just hope they give it powerful engine options.