S Shashank

Activa headlight- very weak

I have a honda activa 2005 model. Its headlight is very weak(dull) and i face a lot of problem in driving at night. I showed it to a local workshop and he said that the light is getting scattered( not focussed) and the reflector has to be changed. He hold me it costs approximately Rs.400/-. I am also considering to fit a phillips headlamp... Can u plz suggest which headamp is compatible with my activa. Plz give d entire model number. Also can HID lamps be put on activa??BornFree2011-05-26 17:39:09

Do take a second opinion before changing the reflector.

The reflector costs 400, but they say some coil costing 50 or so. If they change that, light could become alright.

No need for HIDs, I find Activa & Scooty are the most irritating specimens to other drivers. It just blinds the oncoming traffic. Try driving a Passion, it bothers none, nor would show you the road but tells the oncoming traffic that you are coming.

I already own an activa. By the way scooters which hv weak headlights in no way can blind the oncoming traffic. Moreover i need a headlamp suvh that i can see things in front of me not to show others that i am on the road.. If there's a stationary vehicle i cant ram my vehicle onto it. So i need better lights. No offences. Thanx for the advice.... Hoping for some better suggestion.

@shashank,

I didn't blame you or the scooter users. I am blaming the designers. IMHO, Activa, Scooty, Star City blinds me badly. But nothing could comes close to Tata Ace.

IMHO, Changing coil & max the reflector will solve the problem. If you travel more on highway, you can consider HIDs.