Itsme

New Verna (Now delivered)

Lucky to get my new verna 1.6 base diesel silver. Its in the showroom today but not taking delivery today because of auspicious reasons. Booked it on 2nd of this month. Have paid fully. Any suggestions or helpful hints for delivery? Also car will be with 15" steel rims, should i change and what would be the cost? I think the dealership will be stingy with freebies because it is not available off the shelf and have already made the full payment (because dealer asked me to).

My only suggestion is that take a good quality camera and take pics of every bit of the car maximum possible with a close view including that of engine compartment. Why i am suggesting this because in case you find anything odd later you can see the pics to ascertain that whether it existed pre-delivery.If you want to upgrade to alloys do it with new rims itself because used rims will later fetch less value.

My best wishes for your ANHV.

I think the base diesel also has ABS as standard so the package is good enough . Though I would highly recommand that you go in for 15' alloys and 195/60R15 tyres .

@Itsme:

My heartiest congrats to you on the buy.How about a party at Delhi for me?smiley36.gif

The new Verna is a really sweet car which has all the frills to delight the owners,although I don't like diesels but this car is an exception..its a car-a gem.

Wishing you a fantastic ownership experience.

Mods will change the title themselves whenever they find it necessary,you must carry on with the pics and initial ownership experience.

You could have complained to cr@hmail.com that the sales person was asking you for a premium when the car was clearly invoice in you name already. Please don't take it lightly you can complain right now also and see the head manager of the showroom coming to your home for forgiveness and give you some free accessories .

Hyundai take the service seriously as in first service I didn't like the service that well and in the feedback I gave them 7 . HASS people came to my house to apologize and gave a big box of stationary .

Congrats ! anyway for the dream vehicle and you are sure to get noticed .Hyundai has done well to give ABS and rear disc brake in the base model also .

Congratulations alot Itsme for buying the New fluidic Verna.

Do post some of her pics as Ownership/buying thread seems to be incomplete without them

Use www.imgur.com instead of www.imageshack.com to upload your pics.

Itsme....don't wax the car unless you are forced to.  Try to get a bottle of Glare from www.glare.com.  I'm not sure it is available in India but we've tested it and it is worth the cost.

Thanks TsiVipul for your wishes, rssh for your guidance, sgiitk - no more anhv sir and thanks dr_nishu - have uploaded pic links. Brn2cruz not sure about waxing so early.

Congrats on the new mount. The pics have not come through, normal since you may not have posting rights for pictures.Waxing is a process with which you protect the paint surface from the elements. It should be done as soon as possible, and once the surface stops 'beading' you should do it again. Beading is used to describe water not sticking to the surface, but just standing in beads.

@Itsme;

Those are really a Nice pics.

New Verna is really a brilliant piece of art & best bit which I like the most are its front Fog lamps.

Do keep us updated with Ownership experience fron time to time, like Services, accessories & everything else.

Have a Happy & Safe motoring ahead.

@Itsme:

Again congrats,the car is really looking like a gem,I am simply in love with the way the car looks...Now I can't wait to read the initial ownership report.Either you post it or I'll reach Jalandhar to to the same..smiley36.gif

One of my frends have also booked a new Verna A/T,now waiting to see it.

@TSiVipul: Havent had much time to drive the car. Shall write the initial ownership report soon. But you are always welcome to Jalandhar.

@dr_nishu : Thanks, the pics seem fine for an amateur. U are waiting for fiesta launch to decide i think ?

@itsme congrats on the car but feel very annoyed that you bowed down to unfair treatment. Every customer has the right to register their car and insure them on their own. I think you should have contacted Hyundai or the police on the spot. Today it happened to you tomorrow it maybe someone else.Please take action as it may save others from going through such treatment.

@Itsme:

This insurance and accessories thing is really unfair.

Was this written anywhere in any bonds or was it mentioned by the sales execs. at the booking time or before the delivery?If yes,then they are king and if no, then you are humble enough for not giving them a tight slap for this(I'd have done the same if this happened to me).Really I appreciate your temper for keeping silent when you paid them a good amount for a car(in fact their premium car)and even after then you accepted their sudden terms and conditions,I would have left the car in the dealership itself if this would have happened to me..

What I am typing??Just forget all the annoys and enjoy the power of 126 horses....DRIVE SAFE AND TIE YOUR SEAT BELTS...

Congratulations! on this wonderful buy, I am so sure that you will have a great ownership experience. Keep posting on anything latest as it will help us in taking wise decisions.