creativebala

Can I suggest a i20 petrol now?

Is it worth going for i20 now?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Is it worth going for i20 now?

• Yes
    • No

One of my uncle was looking for a car @ 6-7L budget. He is ok with petrol, based on my suggestion he booked a Etios on 31st Dec, but he is bored of this delay and he is asking me of any other choice.

For him, trouble free ownership is priority number one, then Boot space. He is asking about Fiesta(P) or DZire too. I thought of making him buy i20 but with existing i20 underpowered and i20 kappa2 on the way,

Is it advisable to buy a i20 petrol now? or wait for Etios or wait for i20 Kappa2?
creativebala2011-05-30 13:22:21

No doubt i20 is a good car & looks great to, but at the same moment you're also aware of its glitches too bala.

Classic steering rattle, Weak highway performance & Poor FE(8-10kmpl for petrol) are its main cons.

If he wants i20 for its Good looks & presence then its a 'Yes' from me,

but if he needs a enthusiastically good allrounder car then he might get dissapointed.

Ask him to wait for Etios hatchback, which is coming in next 15-20 days.
dr_nishu2011-05-30 14:23:27

never buy that underpowered,petrol guzzler,it lacks quality too.

Buy a Polo 1.6 instead more power and millage than i20 over all a better car,or just go for the fiesta 1.6 great vfm package 

If he wants to buy i20 only then he should wait for kappa2. No merits as on date buying swift/i20 , both awaiting upgrade. Etios is also good option, dedicated petrol,smooth gearshift and good to drive in city with reliability.

Tell him to go for fiesta classic as boot space is the second priority . Also the car is proven and the plastics quality is better than the Etios by a mile .

I dont think there is anything wrong with the i20 but if he is not happy with the supposed steering rattle and the upcoming new version, then Fiesta classic is a great option. It fits perfectly in the budget and because of the localization it would be very reasonable to manage. Also, a much better car than the Etios.

As said earlier, AfSS is his primary requirement, so can I suggest him fiesta.

He is going to be shifted to outskirt, near trivandrum. Also he is xl size and so are his family members, when that being the case, wouldn't the car bottom out easily.

@Creativebala:

As you have mentioned that your uncle is XL size and his family too,then it will be better for him to buy a sedan instead of a hatch...and i20 kappa is a big no,its a guzzler,under-performer,excitement-less package.

If your uncle wants hatchback then ask him to go for Fabia 1.6 or 1.2,not Polo because Fabia is more on space while Polo is short on rear seats space.

Else he may have a SX4 if he is ready for a stretch on budget,Fiesta I'd not recommend because it falls somewhat short on space in front of SX4.

Second is Manza Elan for its shear space and practicality it offers with a lot of cabin space anf boot space is decent too.

Third is dZire,the best choice at the price,do I need to mention any more about it?

Fourth is Fiesta,its fun to drive,its great handler..but as you mentioned AfSS is important and it is where Fiesta falls somewhat short(note:I said somewhat short).

Last but Best:Since your uncle has already waited for six months,then why don't you ask him to wait for one more month and get the Etios because it is still best as an overall package,it has decent space,decent FE,decent boot space,great AfSS...and yes,if your uncle buys something else then it will also take about 20-25 days,then why not carry ob the wait....THE WAIT WILL GAIN THE SWEETEST FRUIT.

Any one from near trivandrum?

How good the AfSS of tata near your place? If it's good, I shall recommend him manza.

@tsi,

Agreed on your etios part. Even I stand strong for it, nothing else close to it. Dzire is end of cycle product, so a big NO.

hi creativebala, owing to your uncle's XL size and my personal experience I surely can suggest you the Manza elan. without a thought you should go for it because of its huge cabin and boot space, its great interiors and awesome driving experience.

i have been using manza from around 5 months and I am more than satisfied with my car. It has got huge space, good-looking interiors and most important awesome fuel efficiency. The driving experience is also very comfortable. I suggest you to take it and stop worrying.

XL size, outskirts. hmm Dzire is out of question.

Take a look at Manza also. It has proven to be reliable of the Tata's lot. See if you can get bargain for Linea also. Its hardly selling these days. You might get good discount.

@Sarabjeet:

Linea in the Manza's place!!!!I hope you are okay.

Those Tata sales guys are not going to sell the Linea at any cost,have you ever seen the way they advertise the Manza in front of Linea.Although the Linea is a brilliant car and is not selling,I owe it to Tata.

My experience:

I recommended my uncle to buy Linea MJD emotion,so he went to the Tata dealership with me,as we asked for the test drive,they gave us a car+a mindless sales executive.In the whole test drive the executive did the same job"Sir,this is a great feature in Linea but you get it same in Manza for 1.5lac lesser and being a Fiat it may be harder to maintain because Fiat cars are low on quality than Tatas!high on complains and spare parts availability is a problem in itself".Now tell me why Linea will sell,again...being a brilliant car?

@Creativebala:

Etios is far better than Manza in every sense weather its drive,performance,maintainance,AfSS,or FE..nothing is there in Manza petrol(note:I have not mentioned Manza diesel)which is better than Etios,yes Etios is somewhat shorter on space but not too much.Even you won't easily complain it in front of Manza and cabin quality is a bit compromised too in front of Manza,but one press the accelerator of Etios and Manza blows away.And if only space is concerned for the XL size then I hope a Tata 407 Starbus will be the best choice at the price because just like Manza it will also provide shear space without anything else to please the owner.R-III may be a great choice too...but still I'd recommend you to be with Etios only.

Will it be a good buy if i20 kappa comes 2nd hand?? I saw two in hyundai advantage. Magna for 4.5L.. what do you guys think?

Its 2009 model, single owner, ran 17000 kms..
Another 2009 model, single owner, ran 28500 kms.. (both at same price!)

If its 3L, it might seduce me, given its space and gorgeous looks (in spite of poor performance and FE)

Posts merged.
BornFree2011-06-14 18:49:43