dr_nishu

Maruti Suzuki R-III named Ertiga

Spied recently is the All-New 7-Seater MPV from Maruti Suzuki stable at their Plant & even big news is that it is Spied in Top-end Diesel ZDi(with ABS) variant first.

JsOXgl.jpg1v0pVl.jpgC14xml.jpg

(Source: Chevelle, teambhp) & as per his informing friend, this is the R3 MPV model which is going to Japan for testing and approval.

IMO, This car really looks good & well build as from the visible areas in the pics.

Excellent work by Maruti Suzuki this time.

They've really reached to the next level after the Ritz interms of build quality & Overall product feel & this time again they've really done their homework very well.

Product highlights includes:

-Good looking & well finished exteriors(usually not visible in this segment)

-1.3l DDiS diesel engine, probably a 90HP one from SX4 D.

-Seating capacity for 7-persons.

-Well finished Car-like Interiors with Dashboard & controls from New Swift.

-India favourite Beige-Black Upholstery.

-Top-end Diesel ZDI variant on offering from Day1.

Its well-finished Interiors, Exteriors with Tigh Shut lines & India-specific changes hints towards its not so far launch here & who knows we might see this car early next year on our Indian roads.
dr_nishu2011-06-01 08:30:54

Looks good from the back and the gen next swift interiors is also great.

It's a tad smaller than the other muvs,perfect for families and our cities.

Pricing is crucial since it's based on the SX4 platform we could assume

a similar or 50-75k increase in price.The bigger Xylo will be cheaper than this

so no Taxi tag

Only negative side could be the lack of space for both lagauge  and passengers

since it's a small mpv compared to others.

But it will be the only monocoque mpv.

I expected it to follow the design of R3 concept. But its just looks to be a new avatar of versa.Though the improvement in plastic quality is visible.Built quality of Ritz is a little better than other maruti's .So lets see what improvement they bring in this MPV.

The UV really is looking quite smaller as compared to the competition.Hoping its not as spacious as EECO!!

The interiors somewhere resemble Kizashi and I can easily track two airbags in the car(look at the steering).There are some MS specific signs too like the rear bumper mounted brake lamp,and a small ABS sign.

Let's see what Maruti gets here in India,but I am sure this is not going to be an Innova beater.

This looks like a well balanced overall package,Great looks,great A$$.If Maruti place it right then it is going to give nightmare to many.Only that rear hinged door seems to be a problem(is it a RR touch given by Maruti?)For me it will be better as a five seater with a huge boot instead of a squeezing seven seater.

Will this be available in 4X4 too?

This is definitely Meriva with Maruti Suzuki Badge. Exciting thing about this vehicle is that it can accommodate 7 people and also unique overall design and the door design.

Considering pricing of Kizashi this new MPV will also be priced high and will be added in Maruti Suzuki's Premium Vehicles Category.

A clean sweep by Maruti & moving the game forwad by opening a new segment. Will pull consumers from Hatbacks, MUV's, Sedans. A better segment to explore than Estates because Estates never allowed that extra seating which is so very much important in Indian context of things.

I expect a Diwali launch or max by Auto Expo. This looks like a fully designed and finished vehicle whose variants have even been finalized.

Expect this to wreak havoc for all, premium hatches, mid size sedan, UVs in the 5-10 lakh segment.

There is just one thing missing from the car. A name above the ZDi badge

This car can really do wonders for Maruti Suzuki & can really change the definition & cult image of Maruti of being a Small car manufacturer, which is partly changed by SX4 & Kizashi yet. 

I liked its looks, bodylines, size & Road presence & might buy one for family use One day.

r3-back.jpg

But what seems to be doubtful is the temporary number on its Registration Plate, which belongs to Ambala City(HR 99) of Haryana, as this city is at the Punjab-Haryana border & almost 250-300kms away from MSIL Gurgaon plant. Even their R&D centre is not nearby it.

Why this car is registered temporarily from that far-away city !

Can anyone find out the probable reason/logic behind this ??

Dr. Nishu , how you are sure that this temp. no. belongs to Ambala district , even my bike have HR 99 G ... Temp. no. which I purchased from Faridabad.

I think HR 99 common for all district with superseded by  alphabets like HA , HQ (Kurukshetra ) & G  as distinction for specific district.

Dr. Nishu ' date=' how you are sure that this temp. no. belongs to Ambala district , even my bike have HR 99 G ... Temp. no. which I purchased from Faridabad.

[/quote']

Got this info from cars seen onroad which are brought by people from the Haryana state.

Actually in Punjab(state from where i belongs) is

having different system of the same, here each

district is given authority to issue the Temporary

number series, so cars brought from Dealers

from different cities feature different Registring

authority numbers like;

PB 08 -Jalandhar city.

PB 10- Ludhiana.

PB 11- Patiala, etc.

But now got the logic behind the Haryana registration process.

I think this MUV will have better third row seats than the innova otherwise why would those people sit in the back.This will surely be more than 4meters and we can expect a price tag of SX4+50k for those xtra two seats

Why to worry about its suspension ! !

These are just the metal components & can be designed to manage any type of loads & conditions.

If the Suspension of Maruti 800 can even bear the payload of 5-6 passengers then expect this one to be even much better.

IMHO, This car will definitely prove to be a real game changer for MSIL.

@Durango:

I have a doubt about the engine,its okay that the engine is doing good job in Swift and SX4,but won't it be underpowered for a UV?Because UV will have higher kerb weight,and higher passenger load too.

@Durango:

I have a doubt about the engine' date='its okay that the engine is doing good job in Swift and SX4,but won't it be underpowered for a UV?[/quote']

Underpowered: see the old Amby and the FIAT - under 40bhp. Add CNG (further loss of 30%). So it is a matter of perception. My old Esteem (Carb) was 65bhp and the Zen AT (Carb again) 50 bhp. The chap who bought the Zen immediately put in CNG. He was still happy with the car.

Of course who cares if he becomes a moving chicane!

@sgiitk - I kind of agree with you but being happy and being satisfied are two different thing and people's expectation have become very high .

If MS is offering this MPV as a luxury product just like Kizashi Maruti Suzuki really need to offer something more in terms of  power and features and overall build quality.

Being a 7 seater MS may price this vehicle inbetween Innova and Xylo to have share in both's territory as the segment of Innova and Xylo are among the most favoured segment. Also this will help Maruti to establish itself in mini-MPV before launch of  Toyota Avanza.