dr_nishu

Maruti Suzuki R-III named Ertiga

@tejasmehta

Do you really think that the 10 or more year old avanza is better this????This is surely a relief from the boring Innova.

Prices are going to be some 50/75k above sx4 ie, 10lakh for the top end on road.This is going to be a blessing in disguise for the taxiwalas too because the waiting period for the Innava is going to come down.

865.jpg 

Overall the car looks good.

My close observation reveals;

-Front Headlamps exactly similar to Swift's Tail-lamps in side profile.

-Attractively designed tail-lamps with better side section covering almost Visual bulk of the area of Rear Side fender & is actually the best design element.

-Large XL-sized Rear doors looks good & are actually a boon for Rear Most passengers.

-Wheel Rims seems to be of 15-Inchers or above, which is an Inch over Qualis & is at par with Innova.

-1.4 VVT K-Series Petrol engine.

Overall, MSIL is really seems to be having Winner on their hands, as visible from the product which is having everything rightly put together.

Price should not be more than 8.5L to see four digit sales figures.

Looking like MSIL will be able to sell approximately 5K to 6K per month.

If styling is done properly than 5 digit figure is very easy to achive for MSIL.

I still feel that the undisguised pictures are not of final product.

MSIL won't introduce RIII MPV with such boring styling which is without any flair.

maruti-suzuki-rIII-profile.jpg

The concept of RIII MPV as previewed by MSIL was very exciting and it is agrreable that concept is not replicated entirely but atleast I am confident that MSIL will not feature the same headlight as shown in the undisguised pictures.

Atleast RIII MPV will feature sharp styling just like new Swift and Kizashi. 

From the pictures it feels that the car has quite smaller dimensions as compared to the other UVs,if yes,then in my views this may seat only six in comfort but still it will make some really good numbers.Why?The reason is:-

There are a lot of people in the city who ignore UVs only due to their size,but if a compact UV is given with only six comfy seats then it will be a welcome.

Looks interesting indeed. It would be a narrow MPV and smaller than Innova. It would be a compact MPV. Third row would be strictly for children and pets. This festive season I think hell will break loose with soo many lauches.

This is just a copy of Toyota Corolla Verso.

toyota-verso-2009.jpg

MSIL could have done better job if they adhered to the concept model. Anyway this will sell in good numbers with the the new 1.4L KSeries engine and the "Hamara" diesel engine.

Expect the Etios Mini MPV only if this one catches the market.

The RIII is definitely not based on some foreign car; it was evident from the begining itself.  It is based on Ritz and shares parts with Swift, so it will be priced above Swift and below SX4.  Probably on par with xylo or will undercut xylo.  Its a compact lightweight MUV, so no problem with suspension.

SX4 suspension should be enough.  Maruti suzuki know indian roads very well, so suzuki will  defintely give a suitable suspension, nothing to worry about that.

This is just a copy of Toyota Corolla Verso.

The RIII looks like a dud and unexciting replica of Peugeot 5008 MPV.

If you'll penetrate deep into details or gonna compare any car then some resemblances do come out, especially within the segment as basically most of these are basically intended to serve the same purpose with almost same detailings.

Like Swift do resemble with many cars like Mini Cooper, Renault Clio, etc.

Basically what matters more is how the overall product looks, feels & what its manufacturer intends to serve with it & R-III production version pretty well satisfies these criterion at the same moment while sticking to its Roots i.e. On which it's actually based(Swift & Ritz in this case).

So, I appreciate the In-House designing of this car with as per desired specifications & details.

Now waiting for its Official launch & Superb Pricing by MSIL.   smiley10.gif

Maruti Suzuki R-III named as Ertiga:

Maruti's all-new mini-MPV known until now by its

codename R III will be called the Ertiga. Our latest

spy pictures of the Ertiga clearly show the

badging which confirms the name.

The Ertiga will also get a

top-end diesel variant with all the bells and

whistles. The big surprise is an all-new K14 petrol

engine which makes its debut in the Ertiga. This is

the largest version of the K-series yet and as a

result, the power and torque figures are much

higher. The 1372cc VVT motor makes a decent

95bhp and torque should be as high as 13kgm.

Also on the cards is a diesel engine, the same

Fiat-designed, 1.3-litre Variable Geometry Turbo

(VGT)-equipped 89bhp DDiS motor from the SX4.

-ACI.

This is a car, that may actually impact sedans, unlike Xylo, which failed to do so, despite many threatening lines!

Perfect dimensions, car like driving, great engines, Maruti, is there any thing else people ask for. I expect it to be priced 40-50k below SX4.

Futeure Maruti Lineup prices for petrol(expected)

Swift 4.3-5.5 lakhs

Swift Dzire CS 4.9-6 lakhs

Ertiga 6-7.5 lakhs

SX4 7-8.5 lakhs

Anybody predicting an automatic. Slim chances but imagine a spacious car, with the 90 bhp MJD on automatic! Perfect solution for City and Highway!

Looks like a promising product. Certainly has potential to snatch some of Innova's market share.

Really hoping that interiors are carried over from the new Swift and NOT the SX4 which are absolutely abysmal.

Any idea how these manufacturing chaps name their products ?

Do they do any sample survey with prospective customers ? 

Or, simply the top man decides ?

If not properly marketed, the common man on the street may

mistake this Ertiga as a Vertigo (which is a common ailment in elders).

Stupid names.  Stupid ways.

With alloys it looks nice. Ertigo seems like best suited 7 seater / family mover.

Now people will have option of Ertigo when they are looking for a 7 seater but don't want to buy Xylo / Innova due to it's big size or Bolero due to it's crudeness and image. 

I would pluck the name plate and throw it out immediately after buying So called Ertiga..I feel this car should have middle row linear seat adjustment feature like front seat to improve leg room in case nobody is sitting in the third row seat.This feature may attract probable Innova customers ( am i dreaming too much?)With nearly 4300 mm overall length it is not possible to sit in third row seat comfortably,even with 4580 mm overall lengh Innova's third row seat is good for kids not for elders.

In case third row seat dimensions are impractical then people may start comparing Ertiga (P) with Jazz even both belongs to different class..So i think petrol model should start with 5.5 L and Diesel with 6.5 L.Then it will be hot cake in the market.

Well,in my views the name game does not really matter that much for any leading manufacturer like MS,just the name needs not to be awkward or foul and same will work.People will buy the Maruti MPV mainly when its a diesel with closed eyes and I can bet that this thing is going to strike the Bolero and Sumo Grande really hard and fast..

I agree with sanjithchandran, third row in a car with 4300mm length is not comfortable at all. However, it will definitely compete with few sedan now, because by removing the third raw, people will have loads of boot space to put their lugguage, bicycle or pets. If needed the third raw can be used for kids only. I don't think the diesel will be priced below 7.00 lakhs.

The test cars are roaming in and  around Gurgaon.Today i noticed that one Black R-III (I do not want to spell it Ertiga) is testing in Off Sohna road,Gurgaon in rural rough roads and  smalls hill roads. I spoke to Maruti production team last week ,due to labour unrest in Manesar plant Maruti has shifted Swift production to Gurgaon plant.So R-III's production got slowed down in Gurgaon plant and it seems it will launch only after Auto Expo-2012.Not good for Maruti as well as petrosexuals like us.