dr_nishu

Maruti Suzuki R-III named Ertiga

Spy Pics of Ertiga from the link posted by Sachin to Indiancarsbikes.in

-Very Ritz-ish front

gT5x2l.jpg

-Dashboard a straight lift off from New Swift, with lower part in Beige incorporated.

f5QG0l.jpg

-Dual row Air conditioning with dedicated vents for middle row.

37cX0l.jpg

-Passenger Space at 3rd Row.

RTXnDl.jpg

-Smart n Sexy Side Rear Profile

4Pssrl.jpg

With Brilliant Looks, Engine, Space, flexibility, frugality & Endless Service Support of Maruti Suzuki, this car really seems to do wonders for Maruti Suzuki India Ltd.

If priced into Sedan segment this car will definitely eat over the latter's Sales & definitely the 'Era of Sedans will be Over' which Xylo once tried to do.

It also seems that rather than two or three, Maruti is trying to make whole of their product range as the best sellers in their respective segments.

i went to local maruti dealer y'day the Sales Consultant said its only unveiling at auto expo and actual launch will not be before feb, donno how much to believe him. Anyways i've dropped my cell no. with him incase of any updates he will call me. As far as booking of vehicle is concern they are not ready to accepted any amount as of now.

The car looks an excellent package, and will go into history with 800, Alto, Zen, Wagon R, Esteem, Swift and Dzire as one of Maruti's more popular cars.

I am a little concerned about middle row space, but nothing can be said till we get reviews on it. Also in some of the spy pics there were captain seats in the middle. I would like to see that.

They have been able to give generous boot space. I would have preferred the black steering wheel on Swift, along with Chrome/black knobs for AC.

Lack of Climate control in top variant suggests they want to do with Ertiga-SX4 what they did with Swift-Ritz combo. A healthy price difference would be made on features alone, SX4 being the feature rich luxurious one. A mid life facelift on SX4 is expected in March with the same 1.4 K Series engine powering it. I can expect it(SX4) to start at 6.4 lakhs for LXI if it comes, 7 lakhs for VXI and 7.7 lakhs for ZXI. That means Ertiga prices of 6.1 lakhs for Ertiga LXI, 6.7 lakhs for VXI, 7.4 lakhs for ZXI.

Of course the above is just my guess. There is every possibility of it being way off! smiley1.gif

Apparantly, this looks like a great product and a great package from MSIL.

With the hatch-segment almost full, it is but natural for them to look at this

new segment which is fast growing (as against the hatch segment which is

almost static to negative, the entry level MPV segment is growing at over

30% per annum) and the margin-per-vehicle is also certainly higher than

that of a hatch.  They should not spoil the party with bad pricing. 

Let us hope this turns out to be another winner from MSIL.

Looks really nice, overall complete package from MS. No wonder if this can create a leader in segment in the market which is right now mostly taken by M&M and TATAs.

But i suspect about the 2nd and 3rd row leg room. Hope to check it when I can get back.

Etigra looks promising enough but its the price that will decide its future . I think and on road price of 8.25 for top end ZDi model is fair enough any above will be suicudal because the Xylo and the new mini Xylo can easily beat that price .

I was assuming that Ertiga is going to be a lone warrior in this segment. Now we have a healthy competition here with mini xylo, renault duster and ford ecosport. Pricing is going to be the key in deciding the success of all these. Ertiga that fact of being a Maruti with 1.3 multiject and compact dimensions yet spacious has a lead already in the race.

This one is really a good family car. Hope Suzuki will launch it in Australia. I will definitely buy one for my wife. The only concern about "Suzis" here is the more expensive spares and service when compared to Toyota, Ford etc.

Since this car is based on Ritz platform which had being here for sometime, rather than all new swift platform, Maruti should price it competitively. But only if wishes were horses. Recently new Marutis are getting dearer than expected.

Ritz dashboard components could have kept cost in check without much compromise in quality.