dr_nishu

Maruti Suzuki R-III named Ertiga

Maruti launches Ertiga at Rs. 5.89 lakh

Maruti has launched the Ertiga MPV with introductory prices of Rs. 5.89 lakh for LXi, Rs.6.60 lakh for VXi, Rs.7.30 lakh for ZXi, Rs.7.30 lakh for LDi, Rs.7.90 lakh for VDi, and Rs.8.45 lakh for ZDi. Powered by next generation K-series 1.4litre V V T engine, Ertiga will offer a mileage of 16.02 kmpl. It will be available in diesel variant as well, powered by the 1.3 DDiS engine inherited from SX4. It will give a mileage of 20.77 kmpl.

Ertiga looks very promising for urban and semi urban use but lacks the complete MPV feel / attitude with small tires and overall look / interior / exterior shared with other siblings.

But due to aggressive pricing, big space, A.S.S. Network, peace of mind this will be most successful vehicle.

This is most suitable vehicle for most of the Indian families. Thumbs up to MSIL to introduce a practical vehicle which is not too small and not too big but just the right. smiley20.gif

Best 'car' suited for Indian family user . This is not an MPV it's a completely new segment .It has all the goodies like big mileage and small external size of a small car and at the same time has big space inside like a MPV. It comes with a great pricing too. From the car like MPVs Indians can now get a car for seven .

Till now, I had seen the Ertiga on paper. Today had the first glimpse of the actual car (A TD vehicle). Since I just saw the car, I can only comment on the looks. The car looks very proportional and with no bulky eyesore, yes! no Chris Bangle art here, but looks are modern and a touch Ritz-ish (which I do not mind). Overall a very sober looking car with clean lines. White, light blue and red colour looked stunning. (showroom displays ). I believe that this car will have similar mass appeal just like the swift, and pricing is near perfect.