Khatkar

Benefits of Additives for petrol & engine

Can anybody here explain what is the benefits of adding the additives to fuel & engine oil of two wheeler.

I purchased HH glamour a month ago, yesterday while for 1st service of bike mechanic ask me for above mentioned additives with benefits summarised him like :-

1. Better fuel efficiency.

2. Lower friction .

3. Better life of spark plug etc..

These additives were make of BARDHAL. So is it adviasble to fill these additives for better performance or it's like using the protien for bodybuilding wthout GYM ???

If any other such products available in market just thrown light on these products.

There's no need to use additives always especially for a new bike.

Instead Sevice it at proper specified intervals, always use Good branded engine oil(of recommended grade) & fill Petrol from a pump dispensing genuine fuel only.

This is the best mantra for long product life.

@Khatkar:

If you don't bother too much about the service costs,then I'd recommend you to use only synthetic engine oil for your bike(I use only Shell helix for my cars and bike),you don't need to add any additive to fuel or engine oil.These are not advisable and yes,if these are so good then why the manufacturer hasn't mentioned to use them for better product life?

As mentioned by Dr_Nishu:

Take care of service intervals,use good oil and be careful about petrol.One point from my side:

Get the bike serviced at good/authorised service centers only.

Synthetic oil after 3000+ kms for a bike.  For the fuel, it would be a shot glass of GX-301 every month but unfortunately you can't get it in India.  During the rainy season keep the tank full of petrol.  The air filter also needs extra attention.  Clean it every week.

We have heard a lot of oil for gasoline and dependency. The main advantage claimed to have produced the performance factor. Some manufacturers such as 3M, Nulon India is asking the same performance.

BENEFITS

* Protect the motor effect of fuel false.

* Increase fuel efficiency by 3% and 7%.

* Reduce friction thereby reducing wear on the inside of the engine and saving downtime and maintenance costs.

* Increased compression, which means more power and better recovery.

* Reduction in the levels of smoke.

* Reduction of noise and vibration.

* Fluid and faster start-ups.

* Prevents engine damage due to a cold start.

* Increase the resale value of the vehicle.

Let me add. duPont does neither make nor support Teflon additives for cars. You are better off with no additives. Honda does not even recommend Premium Petrol.

Premium petrol is the biggest scam in India now. Under BS3/4 it should be 95RON. None is.

I suggest if you have a feeling of some injector problem add System G once or twice.