TSiVipul

Mayhem at Ramlila Ground

News channels are now showing only one news from the last 40 hours,what it is?Who else except BABA RAMDEV.

What we call it,yeah Satyagrah.Baba Ramdev's movement has really shaked up a lot.And then govt. shaked baba.

Hasn't the center gave the opposition a great new matter to highlight(after that Ayodhya maslaa)?

Now baba has said in a press conference that the plan of the govt. was to get him killed in an encounter,wow doesn't it sound great?When govt. knows that baba's death will get it dissolved...smiley36.gif

As we say here "GALE MEIN FANSI CHHACHHUNDAR,NA NIGLI JAAYE NA THOOKI JAAYE"..

There's no other way about it if the Country is to be rid of the Evil called Corruption. I completely back Baba or anybody who raises voice against Corruption. Also for severe punishment to Corrupt & fast track courts for prompt justice.

**P  & **A are both corrupt,so is this yoga guru.His needs are mostly highly impracticable,he just want make clash with the govt.

This forum should stay away from political issues.

No explicit names please - Mods

sgiitk2011-06-07 03:31:02

As mentioned by Not-so-Crazy Doc, lets not bring political discussions to the forum.

On a similar note though, Mr.Ram Dev did cause me a great deal of inconvenience. I went to Rishikesh for the weekend on my rickety WagonR. It didnt trouble much but on our way back today we were hounded by closed roads, security checks and horrendous traffic. It took us nearly 11 hours to cover a 5-6 hour journey. Got home about 30 mins ago.

I think yesterday night episode is too significant to wrap it under the carpets and move on. This issue is not about ***g vs **P. It is the arbitrariness of present govt. which is detrimental to any democracy.

People's participation should always be encouraged in democracy. However here some minister is preaching us about who should involve in politics and who should not. Is our democracy been hijacked by a few people?

Baba Ramdev might be a controversial figure. I am not supporting him. But if he has dome some misdeed in the past then govt. should prepare a case against him based upon facts and evidence. First govt placated him and tried to use him against Anna Hazare. When he did not relent suddenly govt. realized that he is a thug. This type of flip-flop suggest that something is definitely rotten in this govt.

We need to ask now whether we common people are at the mercy of some whimsical ministers. Today it happened to people at Ramlia ground: tomorrow it happened to any other protesters. So should we all shut our mouth and encourage corrupt practices of ministers?

No names please: MODS

sgiitk2011-06-07 03:33:17

My objections are

1. Why this midnight crackdown?

2. If sec 144 is imposed then there is normally some announcement (on a PA system) before the police action.

3. Attacking women and children and then denying any attack. One lady paralysed in all 4 limbs due to a brutal attack on her spine (apparently crushed in the beating), and a  few more in the ICU.

4. How can you cancel the permission, and crack down immediately.

Sounds more like the Russia of  Stalin. Midnight knocks, etc. Or maybe the Saddam, Qaddafi and co. The sight of Sibbal narrating in glee, was sickeningsmiley7.gif

Staying away from political discussions won't help. No harm in discussing what has happened in our country

Ramdev is no Anna Hazare. This satyagreh was more like a Yoga camp. But what ever it maybe be Govt cannot handle its issue's this way. I think 2 terms in power makes them feel indestructible

@CrazyDoc: Nobody is pushing his or her agenda here. Govt. has performed an act of brutality and we are discussing here from the perspective of common man. If we continue to keep silence on atrocities/corruption of Govt., it will lower itself into abysmal level.

@sgiitk: Supreme court IMHO is doing a commendable job off late to partially clear the mess of corruption created by our ministers. Govt. now a days is taking a high moral ground to state that it is punishing corrupt ministers. But fact is some of corrupt ministers are in jail (not convicted : mind you) due to Supreme Court taking a tough stand against corruption and keeping a close eye on CBI.

@Friends:

I am with Cyrus,and request you to keep the thread clean,why should we have the clash over such matters.We are here to just keep and justify our thoughts,if wrong on our side,then for learning and sharing.

My question:

Isn't there any rule which says that "police must have informed the people in the Ramlila maidan,that the permissions have been canceled and you have to leave the place else a strict action will be taken,instead of directly making a direct attack?"

I think law says the same,first warn..then warm(by sticks)..smiley36.gif

Even I too think that now Baba is dreaming of the "PRADHAAN MANTRI PAD".

Party mentions cleaned. Topic changed. Folks instead of getting political, let us keep to the spirit of the matter - as endorsed by the Supreme Court and the NHRC!

Mr. moderator please don't push your political agenda here

I can reason all your queries but won't do that because this is not a forum for that. 

Pray, may I know where am I pushing my agenda?

Please identify the post and the part of the political message, or withdraw your comment.

--Duplicate word removed.

sgiitk2011-06-07 04:00:09

Never a dull moment, all these events serve as canon fodder for the burgeoning number of news channels to keep them going. I don't see any thing come out this. Basically, I'm getting sick and tired of all this tamasha, its getting more monotonous than cricket for Gods sake. 

In this ensuing mess of baba's supporters and women being beaten up, and anna's planned fast against cheating government the entire subject of making politicians accountable for their actions is taking a back seat. People forget things easily and irrespective of TV news anchors behaving like they are on steroids to make the "people" remember this entire " JHOL " will keep continuing in our country.

No two ways about it.  & thats what the political class in India wants.

Well now a days I am bored by what is being displayed in my ***** box(okay-***** screen).But if they don't show all this on TV then there are even greater news like:-

1)Dhoni kaise chalate hain bike?

2)Katrina kyun roi?

3)King Khan ko kisse tha pyar?

4)Saas bhau aur saazish.

5)Yahaan utre the bhagwaan(INDIA TV rocks)

etc etc etc..

And best of all is the India TV,its all the reports are simply unique,something that if ever BBC will see then they are going to either burn their studio or will sit on AAMARAN ANSHAN(FAST-TO-DEATH) against India TV...smiley36.gif

Now what is wrong with 'Bechaara BABA' if he has got some limelight.Who knows what police has done with baba,just see he was dressed like women,and is crying on every speech.Doesn't it feel something wrong?...smiley36.gif

and after all,at least there is a person who is really getting some support of the people and **P is going to taste this dish in the election at its best.

Watch your punctuation: Mods

sgiitk2011-06-08 03:41:49