arun1987c

Symptoms of addiction towards cars and bikes

Today my fiancee had a big fight with me for looking at Toyota Supra instead of listening to her. Then my fiancee confirmed that Im addicted towards cars and bike by saying the below symptoms, smiley9.gif

• You will hear the exhaust sound of other cars or bike that are not heard to others
  • You will save vitamin M to spend it on your vehicle and not for our future
  • You will notice the modified cars or bike even when you are in huge traffic
  • You will not listen to me, instead will look at the cars passing by our side or look at those standing on the road side
  • You will spend time in the mechanic shop to take care of your bike, but will get angry on me if I come late even by 5 minutes

Did you guys have the same symptoms, did your better half had the same list while saying you are addicted towards cars or bike?

heyy these are same symptoms i have!!only prob i dont have a fiancee!!i am a kid;)hence my dad some times gets annoyed when he is advising me as i would be on the lookout for some merc or beemer!!!

@Arun:

It seems that your fiancee too has a hidden enthusiasm for the cars and bikes,why?The reason is simple-she knows what attracts you and in my views only a person with an enthusiastic taste can mention the above points which your fiancee has mentioned.Although she has mentioned them in anger but still...CONGRATS.

Even my GF too sulks with what I do at the parkings and market(Its a fact that GF can park herself but car needs me more..smiley36.gif).

Any Merc or BMW are simply meant to be chased and noticed for me and Bentley story is different(who else except me is going to follow a Bentley Continental Flying Spur for about 30 kms off the route?).

Even my friends too abuse me for missing the hottest looking girl only because I was watching even a Skoda or even a Honda City and observing its curves and attention to detail.

All the above symptoms are fully applicable to me.

Well these symptoms run in the family so don't have issues at home. In fact during the launch of new E class months back I asked dad that we should go for a test drive. Dad answers " I already have taken the test drive, I like E280 cdi than the E350" ... My face was :-| (stunned)

Yes girls do have problem, I think they feel jealous that we concentrate more on cars rather than their dresses. Or maybe we appreciate formula 1 wax than lakme cosmetics

@TSiVipul - You are right bro. My fiancee also likes cars, but she gets possessive one me when i concentrate on cars and bikes. She fights with me only because of cars and not because I look at some other girl. smiley2.gif

@Creativebala:

Firstly that doctor thing:This admiration guaranteed phobia disease is simply out of the reach of medicines.It needs the spiritual and enthusiastic treatment.And sorry to say but no doctor can give it...Maybe Baba Ramdev can do something,but he is busy in fasting..smiley36.gif

@Arun:

You are even luckier then,why?The reason is simple,your fiancee is angry if you concentrate on cars but not if you gift your eyes with some good views..smiley36.gif

my friends also say the same thing to me. It just happened once that I was looking the new E class Convertible and there was this really hot girl standing beside. I was busy looking at the Merc. Friends just got annoyed! 

I will not call it as addiction but as true  love.Cars has always been always been love at first sight for me.Ever since I saw my father's first car - 1985 Maruti 800( SS80)[At the he time I was barely 2 years ago] and first time I sat in it(That too in driver's seat) I fell in love with cars.

Nothing captivates me more than driving the car - from the smallest to the biggest.When I got my licence first thing I did was to take my father's car drive it for long drive but within the city limits.Nothing makes me more happy than seeing my cars daily and to touch ,take care of it and drive them not as a hooligan but as a gentleman driver.

It took a better part of my life to convince my parents about my first love cars - my mother now sees it in right perspective( thanks to newspapers) and my father nowdays to start any conversation with me talks about a car first and then goes into other matterssmiley36.gif

This has been my story about love of cars.
GOLF2011-06-13 16:45:37

Here are some of my feelings which made me love the cars and bikes more than anything else,many people find me funny when I try to explain it to them and say that "Cars are just machines and you don't really need to be so much involved in them" now who can teach them?...Well here are my feelings from the first day I held the steering wheel and pressed the accelerator(I drove for the first time in my 8th class.Before that I used to play in my father's Mahindra Armada when I was about 6):-

What about the hundreds of horses in front of you who simply waits for your foot tap,to tap them open..?This feeling is priceless.

Even my father too has understand the I have been bitten by the car-bug,so now he has no objection from whatever I do,and yes,now every car in my home,mu uncles etc etc are bought after consulting me.And all of them are happy with what I made them buy...THIS IS A REAL ACHIEVEMENT.

@Arunc:

I think being committed will seriously affect the enthusiasm because fiancee will also need the time and may feel jealous from the car too..HOW ABOUT MARRYNG A LAMBO OR FERRARI..smiley36.gif

@TSiVipul:

You are perfectly right. Once you are committed, you are supposed to spend a lot of time for your better half.

Marrying a Lambo or Ferrari is a good idea, may as a second wife is possible smiley36.gif, still we should be ready to handle both of them without any problem

@Arun1987c:

Its a fact that one can never handle two wives at the same time without any problem.Especially of one is good(Wife)and second is hot(Lambo/Ferrari).The Lambo/Ferrari will not object at all if you don,t meet her for a day or two.But what to do with the wife?

Both needs care,and yes "Never handle the keys of your Lambo/Ferrari to your wife,because she will think of killing her instead of driving her.Only because she is jealous of the car,because you give more time to the car"..smiley36.gif

@Arun1987c:
Its a fact that one can never handle two wives at the same time without any problem.Especially of one is good(Wife)and second is hot(Lambo/Ferrari).The Lambo/Ferrari will not object at all if you don' date='t meet her for a day or two.But what to do with the wife?

Both needs care,and yes "Never handle the keys of your Lambo/Ferrari to your wife,because she will think of killing her instead of driving her.Only because she is jealous of the car,because you give more time to the car"..smiley36.gif[/quote']

This email is a good example for your comment Vipul. See the picture in my facebook wall photos (How women park their cars) - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/arun.velumani

An email from the wife to her husband who is on a trip

To my darling husband

Before you return from your overseas trip I just want to let you know about the small accident I had with the pick up truck when I turned into the driveway. Fortunately not too bad and I really didn't get hurt, so please don't worry too much about me.

I was coming home after shopping, and when I turned into the driveway I accidentally pushed down on the accelerator instead of the brake. The garage door is slightly bent but the pick up fortunately came to a halt when it bumped into your car.

I am really sorry but I know with your kind hearted personality you will forgive me. You know how much I love you and care for you my sweet heart. I cannot wait to hold you in my arms again.

Your loving wife.

Tracey

1. You tend to get angry if someone leans against your car.

2. You curse that silly biker who stops too close by you in a red light.

3. You tend to wash your car more than taking a bath yourself.

4. You check your engine oil too frequently only to have an impression that it has darkened more in last 10 minutes.

5. You do not see the silly one overtaking from the left but spot the far off Audi in your mirror.

6. You feel that every mechanic is going to ruin your car.

7. You tend to find troubles every now and then which no one else will find.

8. You scream for every paise rise in fuel price, but buy the most premium oils, lubes, tyres and ICE stuffs.

9. You have less study materials and more Car Magazines.

10. You do not recognize your far linked relative, but know all car names and models even with the side profile.

My 2 cents !

Those are fantastic points SB..

Tomorrow is my semester exam and this has happened:-

20111130_145311_Image17641.jpg

Now..

WHO WANTS TO PASS NOW..The hell with semesters,they come every six months but one issue of ACI comes only once...so NO SEMESTER EXAMS..ITS JUST ACI..

ANY DOUBT WITH ANYONE??TSiVipul2011-11-30 14:53:39

There is an instance of "Xtreme" addiction, if you can call it that; a close relative of mine who lives abroad has a debilitating illness and hasn't been working full time for some months due to the illness and mind you he is the sole earning member of the family; what he does is goes ahead and buys an E Class estate 350 CDI for a whopping $142,000. We were all stunned by his decision when he sent pics of his new ride. He calls it "retail therapy" of sorts for all that he's been through. If this isn't addiction I don't know what is...

Guys, this symptoms are common in every autoenthsiast & such incidents happened in my life many times! (from friend & family; as I'm always Single B) ) I've simple argument, to put your side strongly;

"Humans always respect superiority & just tell me how you can compare yourself with such spotless beuties with power lot more than enough to smash you within moments?"

Belive me that you'll be stuck by sheer silence after this!