rahul1810

Honda Awakens! City Prices slashed! 44k-66k

I doubt its clearance. City is supposed to get a minor facelift in October but I dont think they would have made this many Citys so as to need clearance sale, especially considering Japan crisis from which it is still recovering.

Anyways Honda is also auditing all its service centre regularly. My City went for the recalled part replacement yesterday and was very pleased at the kind of detailing they were taking care of. Shall put up a report soon.

Considering this is coming from Honda, it's a wind fall. I guess after all these years Honda has started feeling the heat, especially, after Vento was priced soo well, just below Honda and now the Verna Fluidic.

This price cut've really made the ANHC an unbeatable Value for money.

Real real worries to Polo Highline D & i20 Asta D now, as ANHC is now mere 40k expensive than these.
I'm wondering How many Premium hatchback buyers will shift on this, considering the Quality, feel & everything she offers.

Just one big question now, Where the Jazz will land now !! Or it's also going to face a price-cut soon.

I think this latest price cut is a first from Honda (after Jazz disaster) for a bread and butter model . I think the old owners might feel being cheated by Honda and it is definately going to affect the resale value of the city .

Just look at the profits earned by Honda by selling a city car in previous years and the premium now seems to have being removed after the price cut . Now the city is more affordable but still the Verna and the Fiesta have more features for 30-50k lesser price . Bring on the HEAT!!!smiley34.gif

This was the only way out for Honda, must say they are very pro-active.

Honda was feeling the heat since quite sometime now & with no diesel in sight in near future, there couldn't have been any other way.

This move could trigger a price war among Petrol engined cars, I can sense major carmakers following in Honda's footsteps. A huge drop in prices of Altis, Accord & other eligible petrol cars should be anticipated. Prices of Petrol hatchbacks could also come down, Honda should set another eg. with Jazz here. If it want's CRV back in the game, a huge price cut will do the job.

This biggest trouble it infact spells out is for Vento. Its petrol engine is not as powerful or as efficient as Honda, nor is its service and reliability reputation as strong as Honda or even Hyundai. Also it does not have as strong feature set as Verna. The hike of 20k to be in effect from next month will raise the price of base variant to 7,28,000 ex showroom Delhi and has same features as E MT minus airbags and ABS

Also it would be interesting to see the response received by SX4, because the trump card that SX4 had was a reliable engine from a reliable company and good features, which are now there in Verna. Interesting months ahead in the segment.

PS: I am sorry, the price I posted for Vento in the opening post is incorrect. The correct price is

Trendline: 7.08 Lakhs

Highline: 8.30 lakhs

The prices shall be increased by 20k from Julyrahul18102011-06-14 11:45:22

wow this is really great. now Honda should slash prices of Jazz (long time needed) and CR-V. Accord's prices can be reduced by a bit and offer some more features. then Honda will be back to where they were- the top.

This price cut isn't just a casual price cut to push volumes, instead its a stratergic move by segment leader that can ignite a Spark in this segment as prior to this its every rival manufacturer have taken Honda City as a benchmark to furnish to their products & now this changed face of Honda can really change the fate of its rivals which were having 'Advantage Price' in their bags only.

Dad noticed the price cut and asked me what the reason could be. My best guess was that its either clearance for the existing units to put forth the mid life facelift or the more likely reasoning could be the ever growing popularity of the diesel engines. If only the price cut came 8 months agosmiley36.gif.

Still say it is by far the best car south of 10Lacs. Love it to bits.

Also recently found out the Jazz is still being offered with a 50-70K discount.

Is there still anyone who wants to buy a Verna due to highish price of City?ABUSIVE LANGUAGE IS BEING THROWN ON ME BY MY FRIEND,WHOME I MADE TO BUY A CITY JUST 8 DAYS AGO.. smiley4.gif

Its a good move by Honda and it will be better if Honda would have offered the alloys in S variant too,but still now the City can give the nightmares to Verna territory(I don't mention it City territory because they are a bit inferior to City).

Why don't Honda get the prices of Jazz cut down?Jazz must get at least 80-90k cut down to bring it in the competition.If done,the Jazz is surely going to decorate my porch.

IS THERE ANY NEWS ABOUT THE JAZZ 1.5 V-TEC LAUNCH?

city territory and honda territory used to be different before. not now. the quality of the materials in the verna's dash is head and shoulders above the city. verna 's build quality,features and look exude a premium feel like all new hyundais. plus the verna has a 1.6l 135hp diesel. the pricing for verna diesel 1.6 sx sells for 1,174,000 which is higher than any model of the city.

Thank God i didnt buy City in march, i almost had it. Was getting just free insurance at 8.78 ex showroom S model and 8.28 E model. 7.49 for the E with ABS and airbags is a steal. I still like the car very much though i bought new verna. Perfect second choice for me.

@Itsme:

You are amongst the lucky people who took the right decision at the right time.Just once think of a person who has bought the City just a week ago and not on finance but by paying full cash..this is what has happened to my friend and now he is trying his best to make me suffer the losses with him because I advised him to get a City also I lied it to him that prices are going to be increased in June,and now he is saying "Vipul-Curse on you"...smiley36.gif

@DD I doubt it. Mostly for the reason that there is already one in the house. If not considering that than ANHC would certainly be my first choice. Atleast till the time the new Fiesta comes out and for some people even after that.

The move seems to keep afloat Honda company and more specifically Honda City among competition.

Honda is going through a very rough phase with no major launches and upgrades recently  it seems something unexpected brewing in the company.

Only new from Honda is Brio, let's see how this will help Honda as a whole.

This time because of lack of Diesel it seems Honda is out of celebration of burning sales chart just like other companies who are offering Diesel Sedan , Hatchback, SUVs etc...

Once Honda was banging on it's technology (Hybrid Civic), Futuristic Designs (again Civic as well as Accord (With triangle backlight)),  Engine & Transmission (all vehicles especially Old Hinda City 1.5 Vtec , CR-V and Accord V6) now finding it even difficult to remain among the competition. It's sad.

The V-2 ( Vento-Verna ) phobia has taken its toll on the Honda SIEL management.smiley1.gif

Guess they had to take the nod from the Honda management in Japan. The

management is already shattered with the 11/3/2011 quake and the supply

of components to the Indian arm, though most of these come from S.E.

Asia.

There is a domino effect and the just price slashed Jazz prices (first

ever by Honda Siel) will be nearer to the newly slashed City as I was

reading in the media. However, to overcome this problem they can launch a

new combo model CITYJAZZ with the best of both worlds.smiley1.gif

Having diesels in the range is the only way to taste success in the

Indian car market today. Honda has been doing without it for more than a

decade, whereas MSIL with no diesel in its armory was shrewd enough to

rediscover its family tree via the GM-Fiat route and then get the MJD's.

I still will not recommend it to anybody - reason the three month service intervals. If Honda does not have confidence in the City then why should we. Maybe the engines are cardboard. Also, even with the Civic the dealer is pestering every three months (actual interval is 6 months), I care two hoots about these calls, but find it hard to keep my temper.