creativebala

Beat MJD - breaks even in just 1 Yr

Most of us bought a petrol car mainly because the Diesel variant is tad costiler and we could see the benefits only after 3-4yrs on a slightly higher usage. Usually Diesel variant costs Rs 1L more than petrol and would return 25% more FE than petrol and as a result, the Initial costs involved would breakeven only after 3-4yrs,but Beat is going to rewrite all these history.

Beat is going to be priced just 50k more than petrol and should deliver more than 50% FE. Now one can

Soon there is going to be a MAHABHARAT between the petrols and diesels...Just think now will be able to get a used i10 in mint condition for the price of a Nano.TATAs be ready!!

Its about time Hyundai launch the 1.1lt crdi engine for the i10 . Any ways I think maruti is going to suffer if the i10 and Beat diesel arrive in a year or two because Maruti has no smaller diesel engine to power the wagonR or the estilo . Also they cannot conk off a cylinder of the multijet as fiat only licensed them to use the 1.3lt version only.

The ex-showroom price for beat LT opt (1 Litre 3 cyl engine, incl. abs, airbags) is 4.73 L, putting 50k higher is 5.23L.

Maruti ritz vdi - 5.21 L (no abs, no airbags)

Maruti swift vdi - 5.37 L (no abs, no airbags)

Figo diesel titanium - 5.48L (1.4Litre, abs, airbags)

Looks competitive to figo, but not that cheap as I thought of.

Those who dont want a 3 cyl, 1 litre engine would still opt for Figo 1.4 litre, 4 cyl engine just for 30k higher?

Diesel engine can not be cheaper even if it is just 50,000 more costly.You have to pay that money at the buying time means if you have taken loan then your EMI also increases so per month expenditure will always be higher for diesel than petrol engine and when there is difference in mileage of  only 4 or 5 km per litre running cost is not so cheap in comparision to petrol engine,if the mileage is double and maintenence cost is cheaper  then only you can say diesel is cheaper.But the question is whether diesel engine  is more refined or petrol engine is more refined ? unknownbullet2011-06-19 17:26:41

From the SVP of CnB video, It really seems to be a very much promising car.

The best bit of the car is the very Neat packaging of its Diesel engine with Goo looking engine cover..

As visible from the fact that even before its launch Chevrolet is directly pitching it against the another US-rival; Ford Figo with full confidence & it really shows their committment & dedication to the Project done.

IMHO, even more than to the Figo, this car will bring worries to the Gold(Petrol) sippers Hyundai i10, upcoming Brio & Toyota Etios Liva hatchbacks.

As per motoroids,

The TV channel is reporting an ARAI certified fuel efficiency of 24kmpl for the car in its Car and Bike Show. Apart from the new oil burning engine, the Beat diesel will boast a few other features as well. Here

This car interests me, might just get one. A small zippy, efficient hatch.

Concern would be 3cyls. refinement & long term performance. Guess its the same old Fiat MJD(National engine) with one cyl. shaved off.

Hope there are no long waiting periods!

I feel that assuming 20kmpl for Diesel car whereas Petrol returns 12kmpl is a little too optimistic.May be 12kmpl for Petrol and 17kmpl for Diesel in the similar conditions is what we should expect

I expect magical FE from this car, reasons being

-Small engine,

-Small car,

-150Nm of torque at just 1750rpm.

You have not replied? whether diesel engine is ' date='ore refined or petrol e refined?[/quote']

Petrol will be more refined since its a 4 potter, but one can live with slight vibrations when one gets magical FE and acceptable power at very low price.

@Bala I think the Beat would definately be cheaper than the Swift. Maybe as much as 50K or more. I see it in your garage in the near futuresmiley2.gif.

Yes, got the number plate on Saturday at 8PM after a lot of arguing and threatening over the phone.

Like Toyota, if GM also gives importance to Safety and come out with ABS/Airbag in lower version, this Beat will be in our Garage.

On the other hand, if the ABS is present only in its LT(o) pack and price it over 5.5L, then Swift VDI ABS will be in our Garage.

Got news from insider that Beat Diesel will going to launch either on 15 or 16th of july and it will have a premium of 50000-60000 over its petrol siblings. Anything more than 50-60k will be disastrous.