There is a new ML 350 expected in international showrooms within next 2 months, and in India by 2nd quarter of 2012. The present one available in India is the ML350CDI, and its ex-shroom price (EXE variant) of ~Rs50 lacs represents a +Rs10 lacs discount over the price 6 months ago (according to the dealer).

Re-sale will take a beating when the new one is launched, and even though I do not intend to sell for the next 7-8 years, does the discount justify buying a version on its way out? I find the pricing very attractive, and will certainly not be able to afford the new one when launched. Also, i do not like any of the competitors - the Q5, Prado, Freelander. The Q7/ X5 / GL class are outside my budget.

I really do want a Merc. So its either the present ML350CDI, or the E350CDI. The ML has so much more presence! 

Thoughts?

If you like the ML then go in for it!! otherwise you could wait for the new X3 which according to Autocar is very promising!!And what about the XC60? that too is an amazing car!!smiley2.gif

Re-sale will take a beating when the new one is launched' date=' and even though I do not intend to sell for the next 7-8 years, does the discount justify buying a version on its way out?[/quote']

Go & get it friend.

In today's fast changing world, you just don't think about the Re-sale value or else, instead hunt for that what you like & try to steal it at any cost.

And being 10 lakh cheaper than previous prices is already like a Payback for its 'going to be suffered Re-sale value'.

As even by next 7-8 years Merc will introduce another 3-generations of his car. So, Re-sale will get the beating even for its upcoming version.

Goodluck. dr_nishu2011-06-21 19:58:34

@Shans

this isnt something new. I have been on a hunt for SUV's too. I was offered discount on GL to of ~8-10 lakhs apart from ML series.

ML is a slow mover. People don't like its shape and it has very boring interiors as well.

The best option would be XC-90 here is you want presence and luxury. Followed by Q5 3.0 TDI ( when i bargained hard they offered me free Panoramic sunroof plus some goodies).