sarabjeet

VW's suprise for Petrolheads ?

VW Vento 1.4 Tsi

Volkswagen Vento has achieved what it was designed for and the sales are still continuing to capture more and more of the market. Unlike other existing models in the sedan segment this car turned out to be completely different with a typical European design and impressive technology.

But if you think its all what the Vento line-up is all about then we want you to wait for a while since we are expecting a new variant of the same very soon. In 2009, Volkswagen revealed its 1.4 Liter TSi Twin-charger engine and with this innovation they bagged the International Engine of the year award.

The innovation lies in the combination of petrol direct injection and a twin supercharger, together achieving breathtaking performance levels without sacrificing the fuel economy. In fact this new engine has proven to be more fuel efficient than any of its ancestors.

Now the same engine is very much expected with the Vento in the coming months which will drastically improve the sales of the car as in the present the petrol prices are soon going to touch the sky and in that situation companies are supposed to bring more fuel efficient models.

Evidently no changes on the exteriors will be seen and neither on the inside but what is new would lie under the hood. The engine winning the International Engine Of The Year award produced a maximum of 178 BHP but considering the India roads and traffic conditions a 125 BHP engine would be just perfect.

Source: Carblog India

A vento with 1.4 ltr engine has been doing test mulls.
sarabjeet2011-06-22 06:48:23

The Petrol Highline 1.6L is not doing very well because it is the only car VW is offering a discount on(6.99% interest rate). Not sure how this car would be priced but you are right when you say only the petrolheads would go for this version.

Lets hope they dont put this engine in the Polo or I would be rather unhappy.

I feel they will stop mfg the 1.6 version. It lacks some punch and owners have been complaining about its petrol motor being lazy. If they decide to go for a 1.4 non Tsi it would make no sense.

In future I think all VW's and Skoda model will host TSi engines.

You are right about the 1.6 engine being a bit lazy. It starts of rather slow till the 1500-1800 RPM mark but after that it is definitely impressive. Still lacks the refinement of a Honda.

Supercharged engines in our traffic have the habit of stalling if the revs drop, especially at speed breakers, can be a pain. I found this disconcerting when I TD'ed the Linea Turbojet. Nothing that you can't get used to, but it stalls when you ride the clutch and try to go over the speed breaker.May be mating it to an automatic will solve the problem.

Durango Dude2011-06-22 10:47:34

About modern mid size petrol engines being a bit luggy with A/c and luggage, i can proudly say my Ikon 1.6 Rocam pulls like a train with or without load. No worry of keeping foot pinned down on accelerator after crossing a speed braker until a shift to 3rd gear is required.

The same applies for steep ramps in urban malls where one has to be careful about cars immediately behind you, but not with the ikon ! It simply does it's job of staying at 1600 Rpm and tugging along without even touching the accel pedal. And once you do press it, the car takes off brilliantly.

If VW launches the 1.4TSi engine then I can gurantee that it will be costlier than the current 1.6lt engine . The Tsi range of VW engines are more complex than NA engines . If VW wants a small TSi then the 1.2lt TSi is the best bet to be launched in India.

The 1.4lt is the NA engine which is being tested for India and they will market it lower in the price range and it will be atleast 50k (as the 30k tax for engine greater than 1.6lt is not valid)lesser than the current trendline varient .

The 1.4lt is the NA engine which is being tested for India and they will market it lower in the price range and it will be atleast 50k (as the 30k tax for engine greater than 1.6lt is not valid)lesser than the current trendline varient .

Isn't the tax concession is limited upto 1.2 ltr ? don't know if the 1.4 would be able to deliver more FE. 1.4 motor would churn out lesser torque and power and Vento is built solid and heavy.

@DD T-jet isnt supercharged. It is turbo charged.

sarabjeet2011-06-22 17:28:13

The TSi vento!!

I think that these turbo/supercharged petrols are the best fuel guzzlers if they are driven really hard,the mid range is now going to be explosive but the top end is going to be nervous,same is what I feel in my Laura.Honda City will still be a choice of enthusiasts.

Well,just want to know if the Fabia(being tested too) and Polo are also getting this 1.4 TSi,if yes then these are going to be real road rockets.And if they come with an option of RWD too then.....I am out of words.

now that is a great news for petrol heads like me, especially me since i love the vento diesel beast so much that i wanted its petrol sibling to be as much a rocket as it is.

can anyone confirm when are they launching it? i wanted a petrol sedan for myself since a long time, and i wont mind waiting for a turbocharged petrol, which i had to sadly rule out in linea and laura, due to ass and long term ownership issues.

i feel this engine can establish vento petrol as an equal to the city and  may even supersede the driving pleasure of a city.

The TSi vento!!
Well' date='just want to know if the Fabia(being tested too) and Polo are also getting this 1.4 TSi,if yes then these are going to be real road rockets.And if they come with an option of RWD too then.....I am out of words.[/quote']

1.4 Tsi and RWD , Vipul you are asking too much smiley36.gif

Not sure if it would make it in Polo. It would surely annoy Polo 1.6 owners

@Sarabjeet:

you are right at your point that my demands are a bit too high,but still I think VW/Skoda can provide the 1.4TSi for Polo/Fabia with RWD as a paid option.I am sure the car will be the enthusiast's dream and will have its own unbreakable market.At least I amready to own one. Just see,even today the Polo/Fabia 1.6 are niche products only meant for enthusiasts like our own Asethi.Same way Polo/Fabia 1.4 TSi with RWD will also be.How about an Indian Golf GTI?

You have caught the good point that these machines are going to annoy the 1.6 owners most..smiley36.gif..Just think 'a person taking delivery of his Polo 1.6 and suddenly he sees the news of Polo 1.4 TSi launching on the TV set at the dealership,his breath will be stuck where it is'..smiley36.gif.