AMG1

Honda Brio- Autocar India review

Honda is the largest producer of small capacity petrol engines in the world. It has dominated many a hard-fought segment in India and everyone from bikers to Accord owners has a deep respect for the brand in India. Sure, Honda has the right stuff to make a successful small car for India, absolutely. But just how good is the new Brio? Can it take on Maruti in India at its own game and win?

What

The car looks neat and descent than the jazz editions. A good competitor outlook, the 90bhp@6000rpm is one of the coolest feature. The rear wheel drum is the only yucky thing. Apart from that, everything is perfect. An ideal family car among the middle level hatchbacks.

the car looks cool but the rear part where full of rear glass spreads make the car different and unsafe.the engine is very refined n efficient as well.lets wait n see how it makes its presence in indian roads as it made its first step in Thailand.

brioooooo!!!!!!

My love for high-revving petrol engines has made the Brio a default choice for me.In my views the car looks good,has a great engine(from Jazz)and a lighter chassis will ensure the blasting performance,and as mentioned before,the high revving nature of the engine will ensure the real joy on offer.

I am ready to pay even 50k or a lac premium over a swift for this car.

As far as, front look is concerned, this new car has a good styling and big Honda badge on it. But I am not sure how many Indian customers would like to have a car with only glass as 5th door. It reminds me of very first version of Maruti 800.

And I think Honda is going to move on the same step and will provide some metal around the boot as well (like the 1st generation 800)

The car looks neat and descent than the jazz editions.

The car certainly looks neat, but how do you compare it to the jazz? the interiors of this car scream " cost cutting" , carrying on the trend of 3rd gen city. The new jazz, even with beige interiors looks classier than the city , leave alone the Brio.

Was totally appalled to see the glass only rear, one can imagine Honda dieting on its pricing, but compromising safety is another thing.

The upsides which cheered me though, is the thought of almost 90 horses pulling this size zero babe , and I am sure the enthusiasts will surely drool over this stunner.

The creamish / beige interiors combined with the electric blue color did not match , in my view, but certainly , interiors are any day better than a liva.

If honda manages to keep the base at 4-4.2 lakhs, and even then the swift doesnt take a hit, I wonder what will give it one then, as the Brio looks to posses all the underpinnings of the ultimate economy hatch , the crown the Swift still manages to maintain.

BRIO has not only to fight with swift but i10 is also strong contender and its sales figures are higher than swift. Brio is not as large as swift and not as small as i10 but height is definetly small and it is a grea issue for tall people .If Hona manages to keep price low it can capture some what market share and after proving its reliability in the market it can incease its sales figure.

Hello Everyone,

A good new for you guys that Honda Brio has been launched today with the price range from Rs. 3,95,000 to Rs. 4,35,000

This small package car is giving tough competition to other market players of this segment like Maruti, Hyundai, Ford and Volkswagen. even it is having the stunning appearance.

It is giving impressive mileage of 18.4 kmpl in standard conditions.

I do not think Brio will impact hard on Swift sales since Honda has placed the same in i10,Wagon-R,Beat category for getting better volume.i10 is going to be receiving end and we have to see the sales figure after 2-3 months.Rs.3.95L for Honda car!!! really unbelievable.Now Nissan is going  redefine the Sedan car prices with Sunny. Hats off you guys.