anjan_c2007

The Renault Fluence Seen at Ambiance Mall,Gurgaon

Saw the car at the Ambiance Mall, Gurgaon in black. They have displayed an automatic 2.0 L petrol Fluence. When asked they said the price will come to Rs 15 L on road in Gurgaon and for the 1.5 L manual diesel, they said the price will be Rs 14.25 L on road (Gurgaon).At the start these two versions will be launched it appears.
The car looks quite chic and the design is too good for a French car. The matured and cool looking design is least expected from the raunchy French designers who mostly get finalised eccentric designs with the least of scrutiny and moderation at higher levels. The Fluence is a welcome change.In the fit and finish department the paintwork and the chrome are quite upmarket. The car has alloys as standard fitment.The boot is cavernous and the car cover is also a giveaway to the buyer it appears.. The dash and the meters have quite an upmarket look. Rear legroom is good. There is another rear AC vent for the back seat passengers (who mostly call the shots in such carssmiley17.gif)who have Forward Control (of the driversmiley1.gif).
The car will compete with the likes of the Altis, Laura, Cruze, Sonata ( where is it now?),Civic and so on and Renault knows that this segment means more profits but the car should click! With the Logan they were treating us as a third world country and with the Fluence, we appear to be on a higher ground - kudos to Mr Carlos Gosn  for that.
that.
566877d1309100474-renault-fluence-test-d

566878d1309100474-renault-fluence-test-d

566902d1309100669-renault-fluence-test-d

BornFree2011-06-26 17:58:52

Great Pics' date=' Anjan, looks nice and Ford can take a lesson or two on how to get interior's right from Renault. The new Fiesta's upholstery looks like a cheap aftermarket job. [/quote']

Thanks DD. I found the car gleaming and excelling in the fit and finish department!

BornFree2011-06-26 17:56:34

Ok, it seems I have different tastes. I did not like the looks of this car at all. Neither did I like the interiors. Although I am unaware of the fit and finish, but from the looks it does not seems to fight the corolla or the civic at all. Not at all convinced with french styling. 

Ok' date=' it seems I have different tastes. I did not like the looks of this car at all. Neither did I like the interiors. Although I am unaware of the fit and finish, but from the looks it does not seems to fight the corolla or the civic at all. Not at all convinced with french styling. 

[/quote']

Proof that French design evokes mixed emotions.

Great pics anjan. Still I believe it's little bit overpriced if we compare its engine config with other cars. Cabin space and interior quality is phenomenal.  

Renault Fluence at  BIAL airport, Bangalore

Recently I was in Bangalore and just at the entrance to the airport I spotted this Renault Fluence being displayed there.It looks stunning but rear looks more like Ford Mondeo and new Ford Fiesta.

Pictures-

lecTe.jpg

tmdU1.jpg

GOLF2011-06-30 19:12:35

Upgraded Renault Fluence Diesel launched:

Dec 16, 2011

Renault has added a new variant to its diesel Fluence range which was earlier offered only as a basic trim variant. The new, up-market trim is called the E4.

The E4 diesel Fluence now mirrors the features list of the E4 petrol variant. The diesel E4 now comes with features like cruise control, rain sensing wipers, chrome-lined trunk-lid and window sills, auto headlamps, rear parking sensors and electrically adjustable and foldable rear view mirrors.

Interiors get a beige shade and leather upholstery, rear sun-blinds, USB and Bluetooth equipped audio system, dual zone climate control and rear AC ducts. However, the upgraded E4 diesel is only availabe with a manual transmission. Bookings for the Fluence diesel E4 have already commenced and its priced at Rs 15.12 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai), which is Rs 1.5 lakh dearer than the base E2 variant.

Prices for Fluence range:

-Fluence Diesel

E2 Manual: Rs 13.63 lakh

E4 Manual: Rs 15.12 lakh

-Fluence Petrol

E4 Automatic: Rs 15.12 lakh

All prices ex-showroom Mumbai.(ACI)