Sandy

Sachin Tendulkar Sells Gifted Ferrari

Even with all his virtues and dedication to the game, Sachin Tendulkar at times has given ample hints about his stinginess. The man has now sold the Ferrari 360 Modena gifted to him by Fiat to a Surat based businessman

To each his own; if he prefers a GT-R to a Ferrari, so be it. I think after 'coughing' up the duty Fiat/Ferrari must have been milking the "Little Master" dry in the name of service. Probably they must have asked him to change his carbon ceramic brakes. He must have changed his car and must have enough 'loose' change left over for a Nissan GT-R. No one gifts a Ferrari, he was brand ambassador for Fiat this was part of the payment for that, I guess.

Durango Dude2011-06-27 07:36:18

I agree with DD. Its strictly business for Sachin and Fiat. Fiat's sole purpose of gifting the car to Sachin and that too from the hands of Schumy, was to gain publicity and nothing else.

Also like all of us, people like to change their cars every now and then. So did Sachin. Regardless of the fact that his transaction probably involved one extra 0 than what most of ours tosmiley36.gif.

He is a mortal after all  , I have seen him winning more one day matches than any other Indian ever since I started watching cricket after the 96 cup, I myself  consider him to the GOD of cricket, in cricket he is at a level , which is tough for even legends to reach.

But this car selling thing, really doesn't suit his stature, even if its business, selling a gift , is well , appalling . Really speaks of his stingy behavior, despite being a billionaire.

Yes, its his personal decision, some XYZ celeb does charity for publicity sake, some ABC celeb do it silently without the need of a publicity gimmick. If he decided to sell his car , it would have been a different thing, but selling a gift, is another.

Not for cricketing reasons only is he respected so much, he has declined to do advertisements for alcoholic products , which speaks of his character and values.

Well when Sachin was at the Indian GP the commentator said about Sachin selling the gifted Ferrari given by Schumi to a Surat builder the whole crowd was booing at Sachin which was just too much the the god of cricket in his very own country .  Definately an embarrasing moment.

OK, even he decided to sell that, he would have done it in a way like auctioning the car for some good cause in the society. I am sure it would have fetched few crores of rupees and could have been used for children of slums or something else. Kicking out the Ferri in style with lot of pride again !! B)

I guess this thread is pretty old but I have a few words:

The Ferrari was a white elephant lying in his garage as Indian(or at least Mumbai) roads are not suitable for the car. Isn't it more logical to have a GT-R with much higher ground clearance.

BTW did anyone else spot a Ferrari 458 Italia parked at Lokhandwala or was I dreaming

I guess this thread is pretty old but I have a few words:

The Ferrari was a white elephant lying in his garage as Indian(or at least Mumbai) roads are not suitable for the car. Isn't it more logical to have a GT-R with much higher ground clearance.

BTW did anyone else spot a Ferrari 458 Italia parked at Lokhandwala or was I dreaming

As much as the Mumbai roads are pathetic, supercars are still drivable here. Its just case of to each his own. He liked the GTR he bought it simple.

About the 458 Italia in Lokhandwala you must have seen the red 458 Spider which resides in that area.

Disappointing to read this, especially after all the ruckus around paying the import duty for the car, and personally as a tifosi I find it shocking that someones sold a Ferrari to buy a GT-R.