Hi All,

I got my New i10 Magna(1.2 kappa2) in last march. I think it's not providing good mileage. It''s providing approx 15km/lit. Is it normal??? The car has undergone only 1st servicing. I am really worried. I will contact the dealer based on your feed back.

Thread moved.
BornFree2011-07-21 17:57:47

15Km/l is a respectable mileage depending on where and how you drive. If you are driving mostly in the city then this is the avg. mileage you will continue to get. Its not bad by any standards.

The mileage stated my dealers and the ARAI mileage is the one they achieve under test conditions and the real world mileage is always below. it.

Parijat the hotter it is, the lower the mileage.  At temperatures above 38c in the city (and factor in the humidity), you can expect a 10-15% drop. 

Since your car is new you will enjoy an improvement after a few thousand klicks more.

@Prajit:

I am also an i10 Kappa owner like you are and I can assure you that your car is giving the optimum mileage and since only the first service is done so you can expect somewhat less FE,wait for the second service and then you will get about +1-2 in the FE figures.

My i10 gives my about 11-13 in city and 17-18 on highways,so mine is also about 15.5 overall.

Kappa might have improved technologies and lightweight parts but 1.1 irde still beats kappa/k2 in terms of FE. I have had chances to compare both on long drives in mixed conditions but in all cases old 1.1 turned out more efficient (with or without AC)

Sorry for reviving an old thread.

I was curious to know under what circumstances can a car give more mileage than it's specified ARAI mileage.

I have seen many people claiming more mileage for their cars than ARAI certified one.

Personally too i have experienced this in my Etios(Petrol). For last couple of months, It's giving me around 18+ kmpl (noted thru tankful to tankful method) without AC in NCR region with moderate to less traffic conditions. ARAI mileage is around 17.5

Prior to that it was giving around 15kmpl.

I mostly drive at a sedate speed (70-80 max)

Your views/comments pls.

Getting slightly above ARAI specified mileage is possible as ARAI mileage brings a more realistic picture of what a vehicles mileage should be like. Earlier you would have noted companies use to specify mileage based on TEST CONDITIONS these mileages would be so much off the real thing.

ARAI mileage is close to the real thing , congrats you must be doing something right.

@sachins: I think it actually depends on driving style. Though ARAI figures are in optimum driving conditions and real time figures are different, I feel more mileage is possible. You probably have a light foot as well :)

@parijat_2: I think you should not worry to much about the mileage as this is already a good figure that you are receiving.

Yes, it is true that the FE figure depends on drivign style, road conditions, traffic, temperature etc. but it is also true that by the end of run-in period which is like 3 services or 1 year, your car should be able to give you stable figures. And the current figures may go up by 1 to 2 KMPL.

So I would suggest you not to be worried at all.

Edited by Sstar