Sign in to follow this  
dr_nishu

Old Swift discontinued, New Swift production begin

Dunno why,but this car seems to be rocking the market even before its launch and the excitement about this car can be noticed in the Maruti dealerships too.

This car has created a quake even before its launch.Now let's wait and watch to see what MS has in its arsenal,but I am sure this is a market leader.

Saw something on the box this morning to the effect that they have withdrawn the old one from the market - I assume this means zero or near zero inventory.

I would so like to trade my swift for this one. A ZDi model comes as a welcome addition. Pretty sure it'll find many takers.

The interiors, though grey, have a darker tone which looks much better than the existing one. Its so close to the existing swift yet so different.

Hope at least the top end variants come with all the features shown here. I can see a button start ring next to the steering column smiley1.gif

IMHO, July end seems to be the probable launch.

I assume this means zero or near zero inventory.

They've discontinued its production only on 6th of July & as per reports MSIL always have stock of 7-days in advance. So the dealers will be supplied with Old Swift till 13-14th of July.

I think because the old Swift has been discontinued' date=' the price of new will not be raised substantially.
[/quote']

As per MSIL, 30k increase can be expected for New Swift over the previous variant & that would be justified by the New features it'll offer.

Another personal thing i want to share with you guys: With whom(whether family or friends) i've discussed this news, everyone Laughed out loudly & said thank god this car is phased out with reason for that being that they're really bored too much of seeing too many of them on our roads.

They should offer an automatic variant right at the time of launch. I also read somewhere that the metal casing of the radiator was discarded i favor of a plastic one saving 1.5 kgs. It seems that they have worked very hard in reducing the weight which is a very good thing because cars are getting fatter and heavier with every new gen model.

Interiors are OK for the price ,nothing ground breaking. However, if the white colored plastic is replaced with a black one thus rendering the interior all black= classy, yummy!