Angelous

Which car has best leg space

I am planning to buy a car with GREAT leg space. I am 6'4 and have very long legs so much so that driving gets borderline painful if I don't stretch them in 2-3 mins. Luckily, I drive a Wagon R which has just okay leg space but has some space between the clutch and the break where I place my leg for relaxation. However the car is getting old and there are some great cars in the market.

That being said I don't mind waiting for some bigger cars to come into the scene like Maruti's RIII, Hyundai's i30 etc.

Other important things:

- I drive quite less, my office is close by

- I am single fellow with no family so driver experience is an important factor

- Price is not an issue. Though I wouldn't prefer to buy a 3 box car or an SUV.

Help me out guys!

I am 6'1'' an good legspace was the prime concern when buying a car . Also I needed a powerful engine but in a small package hence I got the i20 .

There are cars like Fabia which has really great legspace also the Indica Vista has good space but is not a fun to drive. I would suggest to check Fabia 1.6lt petrol engine. The Etios sedan is also spacious and the petrol engine is very peppy but overall the product feels strictly built to a price.

There are cars in every segment that offer better leg rookm than rivals. You really need to specify a price range within which suggestions can be made.

Fabia is one hatch with great legroom. Another is Jazz which is the most spacious hatch available in our market. In luxury sedans most offer reasonably well legroom with City probably being the best. In economy sedans you can check out the Manza and the Etios. Both offer great amount of space but aren't quality products.asethi9192011-07-07 18:03:30

@Angelous:

Since you don't want to buy any three box car or an SUV the only hatches are left in the ground and out of those hatches I'd recommend you to check out the following:

i20:Great on space with diesel advantage.I find it enough for 6 footers or so.

Skoda Fabia:Rear seat is very spacious but you may feel front ones fall short of space when traveling with 4-5 people,else its front seats are great and comfy with an air of quality associated to it.

Jazz:Most spacious and smartly built cabin.Always a delight to drive too,with the advantage of a Honda's hig-revving engine.

Why don't you wait for the New Swift,it is more spacious than the outgoing one and is going to be cheaper too as compared to the above mentioned cars?

I certainly agree about leg space.  It makes or breaks the driving experience for driving or riding. 

Something I'd like to add to the discussion are car seats.  They need to be sturdy, form fitting, adjustable and comfortable.  Sometimes they're a cheap crappy afterthought.  The best I  ever sat in were in a Lexus.

I'm curious about how your seats are in your vehicles. 

- I am single fellow with no family so driver experience is an important factor

It has to be SWIFT. The existing Swift's driver seat is so comfortable and so is its handling capabilities. The new swift should also has this trait, so to simply put on,Swift's front seat comfort is unmatched, added with best performance(MJD), best AfSS, best looks, best FE( NewSwift's ARAI-23.8),.. this should be car for you and for many of us.

Hope, this too helps

155671d1246961892-statistics-wheelbase-r
creativebala2011-07-08 12:18:35

My belief is that, the higher you seat, the lower the requirement of leg room, as your thighs will rest straight instead of banded upward. And hence lesser requirement of stretching of legs. If you will try low slung cars, you will not find them more comfortable compared to higher seated SUV. My take will be Scorpio/Safari, though you have rejected the SUVs. I will request you to compare comfort between SUV and any hatch.

For hatch, it will be I-20/Punto. You can also wait for price correction in Jazz. All the best.

Thanks for the multiple responses guys. I have been keeping busy, I checked out Jazz, City, Polo, Vento, Etios and Liva. However all of them failed to fully satisfy me in terms of leg space, they were good and I can make it work but I wish it was more comfortable.

However then I checked out Figo, it took me by surprise because none of you even mentioned it as a contender but it surprisingly has the MOST legspace compared to all the cars mentioned above (I know its hard to believe, check it out for yourself). I am gonna wait for a few months as a lot of cars are coming out but if I had to buy one within the next few weeks, it would surely be Figo.

@angelous

You need cars with high seating. Look at Xylo and Scorpio too. HOnda and Toyota cars wont make the cut.

Since you like Wagon R (essentially a tall boy) you would also like Ritz. Check it out, it is essentially same elements as in Wagon R in a bigger package.

Also, there is a mini Xylo coming soon, if you find Xylo comfortable, mini Xylo should be perfect for you