TSiVipul

New Bolero launched

Well,after a lot of failed attempts and applying all the sources and forces available to me.

Bolero Refresh which are parked in the Mahindra facility at Haridwar. Additions:- Digital speedo. Body color bumpers. New leather coated steering wheel(I think its from Xylo). Wooden finish on the center console. New front grille and headlamps. Continued:- Side profile. No fog lamps. No alloys. No ABS or Airbags added. Tail lights. Same tight cabin. Engine,I don't know,maybe CRDe from vlx?? AMG12011-07-11 05:18:10

Here the pics are:-

The name:-

http://imgur.com/fNCnS

New leather wrapped steering:-

http://imgur.com/2SbaJ

Central console has wooden finish,but plastic quality still pathetic,look at those awkward looking A/C vents:-

http://imgur.com/saB14

Amber backlit digital speedo looks good+its the first in the segment too:-

http://imgur.com/WuFLF

Now its the new front,which is not as special as we sould have liked,in fact I like the current front:-

http://imgur.com/oOBkd

Still no images displayed...smiley37.gif..SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!

TSiVipul2011-07-09 03:42:52

@Bornfree:

Thanks a lot and sorry at the same time for the poor quality of pics,but the person who gave them to me didn't had a good camera,nor the cameras were allowed at the place where the cars are parked.

The front grille of the car looks much better than before...but the interior-mainly the digital dash and the steering-looks like a joke!!...it looks so out of place..!!

TsiVipul, very good pics. Going by these, launch seems near, could your friend get info. on that & do scratch him for some more interior pics.

New Digital meter & steering are welcome changes. The earlier steering was too large & meter gauges were hardly visible.

@Bornfree:

Actually the person is not a friend of mine,I simply came across him after he hired my truck for his transfer.The person mentioned me that new Bolero is under preparation and then I asked him to get me some pics for which he asked me some discount in the transportation.So these pics are just some proofs of a trade done between us.

Further information:-

There are about 100 cars ready for dispatch and 1000 of them are being prepared.

After the market response on this car M&M will start the production in large numbers,if the response is good then it will be promoted else zlx will be just a limited edition,but good is what that all the versions of Bolero will get this facelift.even the DI too.

The person also told me that NVH levels are now better than before,as a result the cabin is calm as compared to the outgoing tractor.

Steering is feather light as compared to the outgoing one.

Mahindra has also claimed a better FE for this car with seats better than before.

The plastic quality is slightly better than before and interior fit and finish is also better.

AND AT LAST,THE LAUNCH IS EITHER AT THE END OF THIS MONTH OR STARTING OF AUGUST.Will ask him for more pics,if yes then okay,if no then even better.

I am uploading two more images please check them out.

MID screen is also there,but no factory fitted ICE:-

http://imgur.com/lnrKe

Rear is same as before,only a defogger and rear wash wiper have been added:-

http://imgur.com/SBFnE

@Vignesh:

+1 to you,the steering really seems out of place,or the digital speedo is??Actually they both don't seem to have a fine tuning.If the speedo would have been somewhat larger and vertical then I think this would have been better.Like we see in a Civic(its simply great there).

Interior quality is still below the mark(it looks like that).

No ICE and even now no ABS and Airbags even as an option!!

No alloys!

Not even fog lamps!!smiley37.gif

TSiVipul2011-07-09 08:27:29

@Crazydoc:

Its not just Tata and Mahindra who have obsession with their grilles,its with nearly every company because the grille has a family resemblance and it tells the watchers that to which company does the car belongs to.

Overall the car looks really god & improved in the looks & feel department.

Even Digital console also looks good but the central MID screen seems to be having Digital clock only.

But where it really seems to be lacking is the;

-Ergonomics: Just check out the level of Instrument cluster & Steering wheel. They both are lying at different floors. So, IC visibility issues will again persist, as BF quoted above. 

-Missing Music system: A shocking omission considering the fact that Mahindra have the habit to provide it on the top-end variant of every passenger car they make. 

Good find Vipul.

I like it over the existing Bolero. The steering design is much better than before and it has shed some of its agricultural looks. May be a better sound dampening materials can help it to sell even more.

I have no doubt on this machine selling out in decent numbers,te reason is simple:

The Bolero has a great image in the rural India and now a days this Bolero bug has bitten politicians too.So no doubt on a facelifted version of Bolero selling in good numbers.

Bolero seems like M&M's vehicle for doing trials of various new technologies . After doing trial on Bolero they install the same in their other Premium SUVs.

For eg Micro Hybrid was first introduced in Bolero and than in Scorpio. There are many more feature, accessories and inside mechanical which may be first installed in Bolero and than they are implemented in other SUVs.

Steering from Xylo is not looking impressive. Also M&M's choice for interior colours is not going with character of of Bolero.

Bolero is very capable vehicle but due to it's tacky interior (colour, fit finish, plastic quality etc...) it is not able to revive it's image for urban crowd.

Bolero also should come with free revving engine just like Scorpio because current engine is very crude.

Is it possible that M&M use VERITO's 1.5L diesel engine in Bolero ?

@Tejasmehta:

When it comes to the Verito's engine for Bolero,then I think the Verito's engine will be underpowered for the Bolero just like the DI is.What Bolero seriously needs is a CRDe(like in vlx) and a host of features like ABS,Airbags,fog lamps etc.

Interior quality is still below the mark and refinement issues may exist again.Only good thing done is the higher levels of NVH and the digital speedo is going to get a warm welcome.

with the dinosaur bones,the capabilities of the vehicle are really amazing and is going to fetch an even better customer ground.

I'd have been happier if M&M would have given alloys too.

@TSiVipul - Yes, Logan's 1.5L Diesel mill seems not suitable for vehicle like Bolero.

I somewhere read that Mini Xylo would be equipped with 1.5L Diesel Engine which Mahindra is developing  so I feel "Bolero Refresh" also would be powered with the same engine and M&M may be testing new engine on Bolero Refresh and than they will install it in mini Xylo.

Is it possible to confirm whether the Bolero Refresh is powered with same old engine or is powered with new engine ?

Bolero has all right element (Except interior quality,engine and refinment) to be the choice of people who want to own SUV but are not owning because of either of big size or because of high price.

Yes Alloys should be made standard in Bolero.

@Tejasmehta:

I have got the information that the Bolero has got a new-more powerful and of course more refined powerplant under its hood.

Now lets see what we really get,hoping better NVH levels and refinement...I mean this time I want M&M to introduce a car but not a tractor with 7 seats.

Reposting pics which failed to load from @TSiVipul 

Hope we see an ICE with BT on the top end production model.
lovely vehicle (for its price) now gets better.

Post edited: Kindly resize the pics to Forum size before posting.

BornFree2011-07-19 11:37:09

@Friends:

There is a small question.Actually from somewhere I have heard that M&M is working on the Bolero Invader again and it may be available on orders.

I am quite doubtful on this news and hence want to confirm if anyone else has heard it or its a false news?

In my opinion the First Generation Bolero was a stunner. It looked bold and macho. It had that JEEP image. Mahindra has completely messed up the front facia of the Bolero and now it looks so ugly. The new changes in the engine, upholstery and safety standards are a welcome change but coming to the newly designed headlights, front grille and bumper, i would say that Mahindra designers have spoilt the show.

The sales of Bolero have been increasing because a lot of tourist cab operators in smaller towns and villages prefer to own the XL version of the Bolero.

I wish Mahindra comes out with the original design of the Bolero soon.

I would say this is a major and serious upgrade of Bolero from it's crude image.

It is quite noticeable that M&M have tried to improve a lot in interior which is really very good thing.

The Dash Design is quite improved also the steering wheel look nice.

This is the best Mini-SUV available at a reasonable price which is having "Go Anywhere" capabilities with M&M's reliability.

Just add nice alloy in this New Bolero and some detailing and it will look killer from outside as well.

Features & Pics:

Exterior

New bumpers

New headlamps,

New grille

New Engine

Engine Immobilizer

Micro hybrid

New body decals

New spare wheel cover

Washer & wiper

Interior Changes