akankshch

New Car c.10 lacs!!

My aunt is planning to buy a sedan of around 10 lakhs....

City usage once or twice a week...

Lady Driving Usually....

Boot Space is a must....

No Long drives

Shorlists are 1.ANHC

2.ANHV

Any other suggestions....

As the car needs to be moved around daily i suggest them to go for a diesel due to rising petrol prices. They'd like to keep the car for around 10 yrs. Can the ANHV diesel stay up till then?? No doubt its a great car but longevity??

@Akankshch:-

Now let us see all the facts under the lime light:-

Firstly the ANHC:-

1)Great to drive,Verna stands nowhere near it in driving pleasure.

2)Great A/T gearbox,as mentioned by Rssh,but is expensive(about 11.5 lacs on-road Delhi).

3)Comfort levels are head and shoulders above the Verna.

4)The engine is a gem in itself and is a default choice for driving enthusiasts.

5)Gives a great FE even at elevated speeds.

Cons:

1)Tyres are puny and need an upgrade.

2)Small equipment list.

3)Ground clearance(if your area has potholes or road,then better keep away from City).

4)Weak initial response of the engine.

Verna:-

1)Diesel advantage and reliability from Hyundai.

2)Great A.S.S. network.

3)Equipment list.

4)VFM.

5)FE(in diesel only).

6)A/T trnasmission.

Cons:-

1)Lifeless steering.

2)Less comfy as compared to ANHC.

3)Petrol motor lacks top end zest.

4)Braking is not as good as we would have liked.

When contacted the showroom people are advising petrol engines will withstand with time. Now the shortlists for petrol are the city and the vento. they are comfortable with the manual gearboxes so A/T is not much of use.....

@Akankshch:

If you are considering the City then you may need to upgrade the tyres,but as your aunt needs it,so I am sure she is not going to do 150+ speeds,so no need to upgrade the tyres.But still if you think o getting it,then what I know is that after paying about 25k,we got the civic rims and tyres for my friend's City.Rest you can buy from the market according to your specifications and that will cost accordingly.

If you are going for City then I'd recommend you to go for base 'E' variant over the middle and most selling 'S' variant,as it has seen the biggest 66k price cut and this will be greater if we consider taxes too.And at the price of a 'S' variant car you can get a high end ICE(in-car-entertainment) system+rims and tyres upgrade and many more.I need not to mention,ABS and Airbagds are standard in City so you get them in 'E' variant too.

For Verna,you don't need to do it at all,because it has adequate of it.

Vento(P) is also okay with a decent equip list,tough built and at a price lower than the City(variants comparison).It has more matured looks and is comfy too.If your aunt likes it then you may go for it with closed eyes,only FE is comparatively lesser as compared to City and service network may be a pain.

TSiVipul2011-07-10 12:11:51

I need a fully loaded diesel under 8 lacs otr
needs are Good highway stability, Good mileage, for a Driving enthisiast and a good back seating comfort, driven at high speeds around 100-120 kmph....
The car is driven by me and my driver....
Daily car used for 80 km.......

Post moved, Threads merged: kindly continue discussions here.
BornFree2011-07-10 16:00:45

@Akankshch:

I have mentioned the i20 asta,the one with 2 airbags,which is a superb overall package and costs around 8 lacs on-road,in fact cheaper than 8 lacs due to discounts and offers.WAIT TILL INDEPENDENCE DAY,it will have some great offers.

I need a fully loaded diesel under 8 lacs otr needs are Good highway stability' date=' Good mileage, for a Driving enthisiast and a good back seating comfort, driven at high speeds around 100-120 kmph.... The car is driven by me and my driver.... Daily car used for 80 km.......

[/quote']

No other choice than Punto Emotion Pack.

@your aunt

First and best choice is CITY AUTO, alternatively can wait for new swift compact sedan which should be out in couple of months. N swift CS, should be the obvious choice for women and rumors are floating that it will come along with Swift and also carry an option for automatic.