Sign in to follow this  
sathya

ice for alto k10

hey,

Congrats on your new ride. Do post some pics and an initial ownership experience.

Regarding your query, you can easily get a Blaupunkt ICE in 10,000.It is one of the best. Get one with the USB/AUX-in support.

You can choose from either of the above mentioned ones. They all offer quality products.

You can get a Blaupunkt, sony, kenwood or pioneer head unit. The speakers can be from the same manufacturers depending on their prices.

In speakers JBL, Blaupunkt, Rockford are the best in the industry but are expensive at the same time.

First get a good head unit which satisfies your requirements and then go in for speakers.

JBL has introduced a HU with USB and AUX but no CD/MP3. Cost is around 4.5K with bill.

Front speakers should be 10cm ones. Get JVC/Pioneer. price around Rs 1500

For rear you can get oval 250/300w max for around Rs3000. Sony, JVC or Pioneer should be your choice for such low budgets

@Sathya:

At a budget of 10k you can get a fantastic JBL which will rock you every time you will turn it on it will change the environment of your car but strictly you will have to spend 10k on the ICE system.

JBL comes equipped with many features and if you can somewhat stretch then you can even get a bass tube too,but it will kill your boot space eo it is not advisable.

Now, decide whether you need a DVD HU or an MP3 with USB HU, if former, the only probable choice could be Xenos HU which costs just 6k if not go for a decent Pioneer or kenwood HU(my personal choice) with USB HU.

Then decide whether car will be chauffered of self driven mostly?

if chauffered, buy a Xenos/JBL CoAx for front 4" and a good JBL 947/GT6-S699 or similar /Hertz oval for back in wooden plonk( this will cross your budget)

if self driven, buy a good quality component proven JBL 607c or rockford or polk and fix it in front doors. Nothing more is required, you can upgrade your ICE slowly.

Mostly it will be self-driven, so i wil go with pioneer HU 3390 which is Rs.5899 and JBL 607c in front but i don't want to fix it in front doors. I will fix it in front boot, whether it will be ok? How about the rate. I have not finalised on the dealer, adivse on dealer in chennai.

For alto you cannot install speakers on doors. For that you need fibre glass modifications. The only option is to go with 4" speakers on dash and 6/9 ovals on rear trays.

For your budget I would not suggest DVD HU without bill. Rather get JBL GT-X333 HU without CD. Rs 4990. CDs are getting obsolete and no lens means less maintenance.

Going with JBL speakers with bill will exceed your budget for sure. Stick to pioneer/jvc/kenwood for speakers. 

***EDIT***

Please do check out India jbl website. Prices are mentioned. So you can calculate the best combos out the lot.

sb-alto2011-07-16 07:15:46

@sb, Can't the door be cut and add the round wooden spacer to accomodate Component? Also, if 6" can't, can 4" compos will do.

Can you post the pricelist link here?

@satya, While installing, go for In Axis installation, i.e, the tweeters should face you.

@bala

Since the car is new, nobody will like cutting the new door pads for some cheap installation. So better stay away from cuttings and all. There is hardly any 4" component in the market. Most of the components are either 5'' or 6.5''. And front dash cannot hold anything other than 4'' normal speakers. 

sb-alto2011-07-16 16:17:51

I got pioneer 2390ub, jbl GT6-S699 rear, jbl GT5-S204 front speakers and oval pad. Seat cover, full floor mat, sun visor, duster and brush. It all got totally RS.19850. Whether it is ok? I think it is costly, what to do our driver did like this. We even asked for bill he said if any problem,come to us we will solve it. Moreover in 3390ub they said it is coming with DVD, but in website it is only USB and IPOD direct control. Now in 2390ub i am not able to control my IPOD.

@Satya, Why did you allow your driver to do it?

I would say, the pricing is slightly high. But the biggest loss here is, "You have missed the pleasure of auditioning various brands and picking the best and keep enjoying it every day"