Sandy

Jazz Prices slashed by 1.7 lakh

After city, its time for Jazz. The company has now reduced the price of its Jazz hatchback by upto a whopping Rs. 1.75 lakh rupees. Now that price cut may come across as a game change of sorts for the big and pricey hatchbacks such as the VW Polo, Fiat Punto and Hyundai i20. The new pricing may bring the Jazz back into the game as no one ever doubted the credentials of this car. It was just that it was way too expensive for its shape in the Indian market. These discounts may just be offered as a facelifted version of the hatch is slated to be launched very soon.

Honda dealers have unofficially been giving discounts to the tune of upto Rs. 50,000. In addition to the discounts they have also been throwing in freebies to lure customers, and failing at that, as even after those discounts the price of the hatchback is quite high when compared with its rivals.  But with the corrected prices, the Honda showrooms should see a lot of customers stepping into their showrooms, as the Jazz is clearly the best hatchback in its segment if we don

Here starts the competition. Honda Jazz is far superior than the VW Polo, Hyundai i20 and Fiat Punto unlike Honda City which is outgunned on atleast certain aspects by Hyundai Verna ,Fiat Linea and VW Vento.

The Honda City is competitive but the Honda Jazz simply blows away the competition. How were they able to make a cut of 175,000? Did they do some decontenting?

This is stop the press, start the competition, and dare I say(kill the resale value of existing customers news).

THis sets the perfect platform for the next gen Jazz spotted testing earlier this week and the Brio.

Hopefully it is not a clearance sale like they had with Civic Hybrid. Also hopefully when the next Jazz it carries on the same price

Was the only way out left for Honda. They should fire the entire team that resisted the developement of Diesels. Blocked mindset when you are riding on success scripts your fall.

Suzuki also had a similar mindset but was able to find solace in the form of Fiat Diesels. Being pro-active to the market & its conditions pays.

Was the only way out left for Honda. They should fire the entire team that resisted the developement of Diesels. Blocked mindset when you are riding on?success scripts your fall.

?

Suzuki also had a similar mindset but was able to find solace in the form of Fiat Diesels. Being pro-active to the market & its conditions pays.

Very true. This was the only way left to clear up the stock and make way for upcoming launch of Brio.

Honda, however has cleared that this discount is offered by the dealer end, and not by Honda.So, it translates into the fact that honda dealers are working hard to get rid of their inventories before Brio make it's entry, as it will further deter the buyer of Jazz and make him go in for Brio.

Now what will happen to petrol premium hatch and entry sedan market?

Cars to go under axe due to this price cut are i20, polo, dezire, upcoming swift CS, sx4 base variant, ETIOS, Fiesta and may be even new swift.

RIP - logan, manza, punto

This shows that HONDA used to charge insane premuim on their cars from customers and the worst part is people used to pay it with their eyes closed. Honda cars have best engine among its competitiors but average handling with average equipment list. I think Honda should slash City prices by 30k more to make it a fair deal.      

I would second you on the matter ishanb...this shows how much honda overcharges for their products....this discount is sure to give sleepless nights to midsize sedans..!!

I think i20 and swift are already competitively priced. We can get swift(vxi) for 4.80 laks and i20(magna) for 5.25 laks with impressive list of equipments and big car like space with the unquotionable ASS. I still feel Jazz will suffer in sales after price cut due to strong consumer's perception of it being overly priced hatch.   

Great news as such and its going to be tough for MSIL with new swift pricing. Usually people were not at of thinking of Jazz due to very high cost although it is best available hatchback available in India. But I feel Honda slashing prices at right time as currently swift bookings closed. Few potential swift buyers will move to Jazz.

Its been a nightmare for petrol engine cars in recent times and Honda needs to increase its sales figure after the new plant has started production.

Its basically a clearance sale by Honda . The 1.2lt ivtec will be exclusive to the Brio and the Jazz will be the 1.5lt ivtec from the City after the facelift version is launched in Diwali along with the new City facelifted and Brio hatch.

I pity the current Jazz buyers as they are the most likely hit due to this pricing even if they got 75thousand -1 lakhs discounts on their purchases they will surely feel the pinch.

Hyundai has established the i20 and I think Jazz still needs time to be as established as Hyundai . But Hyundai should drop the price of i20 by 40k atleast (the launch price).

This was required but Honda / it's dealers earned handsome premium on Jazz as even when it was priced high lots of people accepted this beautiful vehicle wholeheartedly. 

Honda should have introduced Jazz with more powerful engine at it's current price and should have started giving discounts on Jazz with existing engine. This would have helped Honda to offer more choices and to keep the Jazz above other premium hatchbacks.

By giving discounts like this  it looks like Honda don't want their customer go empty handed from their showroom after launch of Brio. Consumers will have one of the best choice of hatchbacks under one roof within their budget and they can not say no to either of them.

The Honda says:

There is no change in the ex-show-showroom prices of Honda Jazz. The offers available in the market are part of sales promotion on some limited variants in limited volumes available with some dealers for limited time.

source:facebook

ashikawa2011-07-12 16:07:38

Well,this price cut is going to give nightmares to many of the lot.What my market observation says is that most of the people think that Maruti or Hyundai or Tata cars are nothing in front of Hondas and Toyotas and the results of this thinking is evident too.Just have a look at the segments where Honda or Toyota exists,the customers there don't even consider a Maruti or Tata or Hyundai(ignore Verna).

Like SX4 eaten up by City,just see even the diesel is also not doing any wonders to the SX4,being cheaper than the City.Kizashi was never considered a good car,even most of the potential buyers don't even think to TD it and reject it.

Actually what my point is that if the Jazz intrudes the Swift territory then the reign of swift is surely going to be over and with Liva carrying the magical 'T' badge,its the only indication of the rising players.Same as the older players have to retire some day.

Like SX4 eaten up by City' date='just see even the diesel is also not doing any wonders to the SX4,being cheaper than the City.[/quote']

You are partly correct, but diesel SX4 is doing very good. THis months sales figure would be misleading because of strike but overall SX4 diesel has got good response and is selling equal to Vento.

This price cut has stirred up the market. Those who were waiting for new Swift launch, are getting even more confused. Further confusion is what the Jazz facelift will cost. Will Honda make the same mistake again and price it high? What will be the resale value of this 5-6 years down the line? These questions would be hogging the minds of anyone in the market right now

Those who were waiting for new Swift launch' date=' are getting even more confused. Further confusion is what the Jazz facelift will cost. Will Honda make the same mistake again and price it high? What will be the resale value of this 5-6 years down the line? These questions would be hogging the minds of anyone in the market right now[/quote'] There is no reason for anybody to get confused. Even with the new Swift launched, Jazz with slashed price is a great option. The swift(new) will never be able to compete this premium hatchback. The Jazz is superior in so many aspects i.e. more powerfull engine, Honda reliability and premium brand tag, lots of space and all safety feature and build quality anyday superior to Maruti. Will the swift ever be able to compete with this little monster? I doubt. ashikawa2011-07-13 08:26:08

In case Jazz gets an engine upgrade,as rumors are prevailing about a 1.5 i-vtec being introduced in the Jazz then it will get a lot of enthusiasts who are any day ready to leave the Polo/Fabia 1.6 for a 1.5 Honda.

In the current scenario,its the Jazz who is given the potential to rule the market,being the best as well as smartest hatch plus its fuel efficient too.

I am still not sure about this news, as I have not read it anywhere on ACI portal except the forum. Seems more grapevine than any concrete information.

unbelievable. It may be 75000 not 1.75L.Anyway i wish they should start Jazz from 5.5L to 6L range for increasing its sales figure. Wonderful product but no takers because of price.And price difference between City and Jazz is now less than 36K. My cousins car's digital meter showing mileage more than 18 kmpl most of the time.