Sandy

Jazz Prices slashed by 1.7 lakh

It is true. I have confirmed it. Many people on other forums have even booked it.

Ring Road Honda is saying on road price of Jazz Select to be 6.3 lakhs. It is most probably a clearance sale, but an excellent value none the less

Well,i have also confirmed it here in 'Platinum Honda' at Meerut about the discount and they too have confirmed it.Its the time for the petrol cars buyers to rejoice and upgrade to a Jazz instead of a Swift ZXi or an i20...

Carmakers are offering the best discounts and freebies in two years on almost all vehicles to woo customers back to showrooms and regain momentum after sales growth slowed to a crawling 1.6% in June.

Honda set the mood with a stunning Rs 1.7 lakh limited-period waiver on its struggling hatchback Honda Jazz on Monday, while market leader Maruti Suzuki offers rebates of more than Rs 50,000 on Alto, WagonR and Estilo that together account for half its sales.

"We are just reacting to the market. Retail sales have taken a hit with a huge slump in customer's responses. To maintain our sales tempo, we have maximized the benefits on high selling models like Alto and WagonR in July as overall sales had turned negative in June," Maruti's chief general manager (marketing) Shashank Srivastava said.

After growing a breakneck 30% last fiscal on the back of a 26% gain in 2009-10, the Indian car market started a slowdown in April amid rising loan rates and higher fuel prices and hit a 26-month low in June.

Now there seems to be a discount war. Carmakers are following the international trend of charging lower interest rates on auto loans as part of the discount.

Interest rates have increased by up to 300 basis points in one year due to the central bank's policy rate hikes to control inflation. Volkswagen is offering loans at 6.99% interest rate on its Vento petrol sedan, while luxury carmakers Mercedes and Audi are offering zero interest loans on C Class sedan and Audi A4 sedan, respectively.

"The companies are tying to structure deals to bring down the total cost for the customers through direct rebates or discounted interest rates to cut their piled up stocks," a Mumbaibased banker said. "With a possibility of interest rates rising in coming months, we expect the discount regime to continue till September and beyond the festive season," added the person, requesting anonymity.

Some Honda Siel officials and dealers, meanwhile, said the company wants to clear the inventory of the current Jazz model with this steep discount offer and that it will launch a face-lifted version of the premium hatch soon.

Jazz could not match its rivals Hyundai i20, Maruti Swift and Volkswagen Polo in sales mostly because of its premium pricing of more than Rs 7 lakh. Its sales dipped 39% in the April-June quarter to 643 cars, down from 1,050 sales a year earlier.

Honda Siel is also offering Rs 50,000 discount on its top-selling City sedan on top of last month's Rs 66,000 price cut as car companies work overtime to revive sales. Hyundai Motor India offers up to Rs 45,000 discount on its popular i10 and Santro compact cars.

The firm also offers a discount on its petrol cars to compensate for the price difference between petrol and diesel for one year. Fiat has offered an option to buy a diesel car in place of a petrol car, and the benefit of Rs 1 lakh is given to customers.

the jazz was a clerance sale and when i went to buy one on 14/07/2011 the sales person said the factory has no stock and confirmed it as a clerance sale and said jazz will relaunch on 15 /8/2011 with just an increase of 30,000 on the discount price .

said jazz will relaunch on 15 /8/2011 with just an increase of 30' date='000 on the discount price . [/quote']

So finally Honda is going to opt the Skoda's way like they've done with their Fabia i.e; Launch it with refreshed exteriors, interiors with stripped out equipment & increased Localisation levels at Rock bottom price.

If we expect the face-lifted Jazz to begin from Rs.5.99 lacs, then Brio can very easily be assumed to Sport 3.99 or 4.29 lacs price tag.

So, finally Honda(HSCI) have understood the 'Value of money' in India. 

@Bornfree:

this hope is going to remain hope only,this is not going to come true.I can bet.Why?

the reason is simple,Hondas will say "Now we have added this,this,this bla bla bla" and then they will say,"So now production cost is increased and hence we are forced to increase the price tag".Which will again result in ice-cold sales charts.

According to my information, face-lifted Jazz will be launched around 6.00 lakhs prices. Only thing we need to confirm that it is not stripped down version removing goodies. All the best.

The upcoming Jazz is going to come with more indigenous parts than the ongoing model.Majority of parts in ongoing model is Made in Japan.So the current Jazz owners can proud about their car because it is Made in Japan car. I remember resale price of 1986-1990 Model Yahama RX100 (Made in Japan engine)was so high compare to Made In India RX 100.

Recently we have tried to exchange Jazz with City.Although they agreed the good condition of our Jazz which has done closely 30k in odometer,For our surprise Honda has evaluated and offered 3.25 L for our 18 months old Jazz for which we have spend 7.5L in Feb 2010. We decided to keep Jazz with us forever.

According to Honda employees and Dealers, Honda has reduced the price of Jazz and City because they started manufacturing the majority of parts in their Khushkhera plant in NCR.So they are offering the financial benefit to customers and Face lifted Jazz is going to come with Ongoing City's 1.5 L 118 BHP engine.May be the lower end model features with current 1.2 L 90 BHP engine.

I strongly feel Jazz prices should start from 5.5 L since now they do not haveany immediate plan to bring diesel motor and most of the Indian are now looking for diesel cars.May be in 2013 we have to pay Rs.100 for one litre of Petrol.Honda can bring Micro hybrid versions for their entire range of cars for improving their market share.

@Sanjithchandran:

Firstly I am unable to understand why you want to sell out the best as well as most practical car available in the market(Honda Jazz)?

I am still not ready to agree that new Jazz will come for anything like 6 lacs,whatever parts they will use,they will make it jump this price tag.

And if it comes,then it will be as much stripped as much a Maruti Alto LXi is.

@Vipul:we jsut tried because dealer was offering Honda city S MT @8L.Jazz is one of the   best car to own in India.But please look at its sales figures.Jan to May it sold closely 4500 units.They can easily achieve this figure in one month in case they can launch stripped version of Jazz with price around 6L. It is giving unbelievable mileage between 14-19 in city driving condition.I forced to believe the mileage since it is showing in digital meter. but i strongly believe that 1.2 L engine is not good enough for this car it should have City's 1.5 L engine.

@Sanjithchandran:

If you have decided to upgrade then congrats.But if you are upgrading or selling the Jazz only because it is not selling in the market and hence you are doubtful about it getting discontinued or getting upgraded,then this step of selling the car will be considered as a weird step.

The car is great,it gives a decent FE,handles the best,low on maintainance,high on comfort and most importantly its very practical car.1.2L engine is because here in India it just a hatchback for a family man who wanted to taste Honda at a lower price now if Honda would have introduced a high performance variant with 1.5 i-vtec then it would have been considered here as a sport can and would have been an even a more niche product.

But now its the time when Honda must launch the Jazz 1.5 here in India for me! smiley17.gif

The new Jazz should be here anytime now, and the news is not just about a new facelifted version of the car, but there is some buzz about a renewed pricing strategy as well. In all probability we should see the Jazz facelift hitting the showrooms real soon. The new car will undergo some cosmetic changes to the headlamp, grille and the tail-lamp. Nothing, however, is expected to be altered within the cabin or below the running board. A CVT auto transmission, however, can make a debut on the Jazz with the new facelift. Inside the most noticeable change internationally, is the adoption of a darker dashboard material in a single colour, which is combined with a new seat fabric to enhance the ambience of the cabin. Dash lighting is now unified in a single orange colour, which provides a strong contrast with the darker dashboard. Chrome rings now define the air vents, instruments and climate control display (where fitted). For the first time in the European Honda Jazz, leather seats are available as a factory fitted option.

That part doesn