I bought my dream car Ritz Ldi - glistering gray on 6/6/11.

The total on-road price i paid was 5,77045/- without any accessories.

I do not want to bore you with its specifications and other things and i will directly jump into my experience initially and now.

THE INITIAL EXPERIENCE FROM SHOWROOM TO HOME

It was very new to me to get into this diesel maestro and it was so smooth while driving this on the road with lot of power once i raise it to 2000 rpm, it just goes like a rocket. it was bit difficult to drive this for the first time in bumper to bumper traffic as we need to get used to its front bumper location as this is not visible. finally i reached home by driving about 15 km and it was nice drive.

MY EXPERIENCE AFTER 1 MONTH

- It is a good car with space and power no doubt

- Very comfortable seating for driver as well rear passengers. 3 people sit very easily and most of the rear passengers complimented its space, of course this was the main reason for me to go for this car as my left leg was not fitting properly in most of the other cars and i get left leg pain when i was using my previous car m 800. i just cannot compare this with m 800 as everything is very different and upgraded

- suspension is very smooth in very big holes too that you do not need to be worried as it got very good ground clearance

- very good handling on high where i did 2 trips 170km and 200km and everything was very good i mean brake control, steering feel and etc., i was able to touch to 140 easily.

- steering is very responsive and in a very good location in the car for a person like my height(5'10"). so its an effort less drive with a smooth steering

- i have got fitted all the accessories outside maruti dealer as they were much cheap outside. i have a friend who has good car decor shop. i got fitted with ICE of JVC system, front sony speakers, back JVC axial speakers + leather seat covers + side beading for around Rs.15000/- and the quality of all these are very very good.

- the initial FE i checked after my first service was something like 17kmpl in city and 20kmpl on highway

so overall i am very happy with my decision in every aspect.

i am attaching few photos here.

https://picasaweb.google.com/gurrala74/MyNewRitz?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMeTypzM8fDILQ&feat=directlink

i will attach more with my next review after my second service(5000km)

I suggest this diesel to everybody, its really good in all aspects

Thank you for your time friends..

- smiley1.gifsmiley1.gifsmiley1.gifhttps://picasaweb.google.com/gurrala74/MyNewRitz?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMeTypzM8fDILQ&feat=directlink

Hey congrats on your new Ritz. Go for wider tyres now as you will get good resale value for stock ones. Go in for the 185/70/R14 tyres as found in the ZXi varient ,its highly recommanded. Also remove the Haldi asap , after prolonged period the marks don't go away cleanly .

Thank you friends for all your valuable suggestions and tips.

Bala@ yeah i maintain that i do not cross 80kmph normally and only once i just touched 140 to test it after 1st service. normally i do not like to touch such speeds

SB@ thank you for posting the photos

Yeah i will continue writing my experience with this beauty and share lot of first hand feels with all of you

I welcome anymore suggestions from our other Ritz diesel owners in the forum

Thank you once again !!

rssh@ normally i always try and drive with the company fitted things as i feel it is good, but when you said they are used on ZXI of Ritz, then i got a doubt why do they use different tyres for same car. and also for my information please let me know that what kind of difference it will be in terms of performance or any other thing ? also let me know the financial implication if i change them.

I already wanted to go for alloy wheels but the my decor friend and other friend who is using alloy told me that mileage will be reduced by 2 to 3 km.

first of all i need to fit a central locking first do anybody suggest anything on this becoz there is lot of price difference between dealer(nippon-Rs.4500) my friends car decor shop(minda-2500). so please suggest on this

Is teflon coating is really helpful ??

Again part lower case /sms post. Please capitalise appropriately. This is not a casual sms that you are sending. mods

sgiitk2011-07-16 10:51:08

Alloys will not increase consumption. They will improve behaviour in rough roads. Teflon coating in my view is a waste - PTFE is a soft material, and wears off pretty fast.

The reason why the Ritz L and V varient don't have Z varient spec tyres is because they are much cheaper . The torque and the power available by your machine will more than overwhelm your tyres 185 spec tyres are optimal . Also there is not decrease with FE using alloys and it will be vice versa if the alloys are much lighter than the steel rims.

Since you have been using the car well over a month the value of stock tyre will not be much than it couls have been at the time of delivery . Get the nippon security system . Other brands like Xenon and Pirahana are also good . Go with keyless entry system.

I welcome the wider tyre suggestion. You can put those 185 tyres on the stock rim only. Since your car is a diesel, you should not mind a very small dip in FE. In return you get better handling and those JK tornados are worthless. So even if you get the company fitted JK vectras, it will be better.

Even alloys can be a waste of money. If stock rims get damaged, then replace them, as they are very cheap. Getting single alloy rims can be tough.

Get anti rust coating done. I think this is very essential for Indian road conditions. I would advice not to wait for prolonged period to get anti rust. I personally faced problems, so just thought of giving you a caution.

Congratulations alot gurrala for buying the New Ritz.

Infact i was waiting for your ownership thread after you've uploaded the pic of your car as your profile pic.

You've really written a good review on your car as you've previously done with your Slingshot also.

Keep it up & Have a happy motoring ahead.

My Ritz finished exactly one year now and I thought of sharing a little about it.

-It has done 13000km city,highway and two long trips

-It is as good as it was one year back, but with a very tiny small scratch on the back bumper right side which is not visible at all

-Its performance is perfect as it return 18kmpl with A/C in city and 22kmpl with A/C on highway

-I feel it is little bumpy on bad road, may be because of its design or because of its tyres(JK Tornado stocks)

-I some times feel suspension is bit hard on speed breakers as it jumps a little

-I feel afraid when I want to control the car on 100kmph and beyond speed as I doubt on breaking and body roll also may be due to its design and the Tyre size

-Recently I noticed some sound few times when i apply clutch or breaks, it is like something is rubbing, I have to ask this with dealer when I go next time

-If I drive single with the company recommended Tyre pressures I feel like I am driving without any suspension and I notice a small path hole sound

So finally I am 95% happy with my decision as 5% I leave it for the above un-comfortness

I welcome the suggestions from member for the problems I mentioned here

@gurrala: Congrats on completing one successful happy year of driving.

On tyres, I also noticed that tyre noise is too high even on the flat roads. I bought my Rtiz Ldi approx 3 months back.

@gurrala: congratulations buddy for completing an year long stint with your Ritz. 95% on the satisfaction index is indeed a percentage to reckon with.

Wish you many more ecstatic years with your Ritz.

@Sstar thank you, I wish we could share more useful things about Ritz diesel for the other forum members. What is your Ritz Color and I wish to you see your experience too

@esteem thank you, within this one year one thing for sure that I never slept with a pain and never woke up with a pain regarding its maintenance. Just put the key and start and go, fill it rarely when it is hungry that's all nothing else. So I was afraid to buy a bit big car like Ritz and a diesel, but it is as good at my M800,so let us see what it makes in 2nd year

@Admin/Mods

I report once again that whenever I post in a topic I get following message and I am not getting e-mail notifications when some body comments on my post

Please solve this

The message I get as below

Server Error in Forum Application

An error has occured while sending an email.

Please contact the forum administrator.

Support Error Code:- err_SQLServer_send_mail_footer

File Name:- functions_send_mail.asp

Error details:-

The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x80040217. The server response was not available

@gurrala;

Nice to see one more satisfied Maruti Suzuki onwer.

Ritz is really a good car with excellent space & frugality.

Please share more details about its;

-Service costs incurred till now.

-Service costs breakup(i.e engine oil charges, labour charges, etc).

-Does Maruti Suzuki still insists to use Conventional Mineral engine Oils or does it also have shifted to use Synthetic engine oil for its Diesel cars ??

Dear Nishu,

I did not enquire them about the oil, but see my 3 free service bills till now. Apart from this I did not spent a single rupee

1. First free service - 1112km

distile water - Rs.15.72

screenwash concentrate - 13.10

MGD0(15W40) - IOCL - Rs.569.88

Total including tax - Rs.686/-

2. Second free service - 5176km

distle water - Rs.15.72

screen wash concentrate - 13.10

Total including tax - Rs.33/-

3. Third free service - 10027km

clip - rs.5.24

oil filter - rs.328.38

balance weights - rs.101.31

distle water - rs.15.72

screen wash - rs.13.10

MGD0(15W40) IOCL - Rs.676.85

Blower cleaning -rs.0

labour - rs.0

wheel alignment - rs.300

tyre rotation - rs.0

Total including tax - rs.1968/-

Total amount spent in 1 year 2687/-

3 to 4 times car wash&vacuuming is free

Now I would like to have your comments on this and also regarding the oil they use and any suggesions

my next service is due on 20000km

I did not enquire them about the oil' date=' but see my 3 free service bills till now. Apart from this I did not spent a single rupee

1. First free service - 1112km

Total including tax - Rs.686/-

[/quote']

That's really inexpensive for car costing Rs.~6 lacs.

My Yamaha FZ-S first FREE service costed me Rs.555/-

I'm really Impressed. smiley1.gif

MGD0(15W40) IOCL - Rs.676.85

That indicates Maruti is still insisting for Mineral Engine Oil & that's really good that they've achieved Excellent Refinement levels with Conventional Mineral Engine Oil which they FIAT haven't achieved even with Synthetic engine oil in their Punto with same engine.

Overall, a Very Neat & Good Review.

Thanks Gurrala. smiley20.gif

Happy Motoring

Is wheel alignment recommended at 10k kms as per Maruti?

If the car drives in a normal correct manner, then its okay.

But since Indian roads are great & 10,000km isn't a less distance travelled. So its advised to get it checked/corrected at this Interval, either at MASC or at any tyre shop in the market.