pryas

Yeh Mera India

it happens only in india.....every one are in a hurry and want to reach first as if there is a prize waiting at the destination.one should feel extremly happy if he reaches safely from point 1 to destination....smiley2.gif

Looks like a dream when compared to the Kanpur traffic. No handcarts, buffalo driven thelas (bhainsa gadis), rickshaws, cattle, and homeguards who have no idea of the traffic rules trying to misdirect traffic.

South is far better than North in that sense having driven both places. Whats amazing to see how Kolkatta now has seriously improved over Delhi. Whole lot of flyovers and good traffic flow now even in rush hour.

South does respect rules but not in the highways where its common and very dangerous to see villagers in mopeds coming right at you in wrong side but still its relatively far better than wild west North. Mumbai is OK but not the hwy, the trucks occupy both lanes with impunity, Thane is a nightmare.

it happens only in india.....every one are in a hurry and want to reach first as if there is a prize waiting at the destination.one should feel extremly happy if he reaches safely from point 1 to destination....smiley2.gif

And they never realize that they end up reaching destination later, if there happens a deadlock traffic jam as in Bangalore.

Anways the video is a little fast forwarded (look at the pedestrian in the middle of the film).

south for sure is better and if you take out the autos and the local buses(in chennai)it would be a great place to enjoy driving...also compared to bangalore motorist in chennai have better discipline for the signalssmiley2.gif(nothing personal guys)

If you take out the buses and autos (and also trucks if you happen to be on a highway)then every place will be heaven.

We had a few auto (or rather tempo) strikes here in the past and life was great.

We are having an indefinite truckers strike from midnight tonight and look forward to some neat driving (I have to do about 8 km on a NH before entering Kanpur town traffic). Incidentally ,they are opposing VAT which come in from midnight.

south for sure is better and if you take out the autos and the local buses(in chennai)it would be a great place to enjoy driving...also compared to bangalore motorist in chennai have better discipline for the signalssmiley2.gif(nothing personal guys)

i totally agree with you... i have driven in almost all the cities in our country and Chennai is the best city to drive.... the worst is Hyderabad, it gets worse as you go up North ... Bangalore is also worse coz of no road sense (its my city but must agree its one of the sadest place to drive around)

Anyone who can drive in Delhi during the rush hour can drive safely almost anywhere... Delhi's roads are the ultimate training grounds. Roll up' date=' folks![/quote']

What about Bangalore , same there as well , soo i need to go to Bangalore and practise there

Cheers!!!

well among the places i have driven, mumbai seems to be the best. good lighting and wide roads, comparitively lesser traffic violatios and erratic drivers, reasonably smooth roads, and almost all roads have that necessary divider and signals at all junctions. but the traffic jams, HELL!!!

I think Bangalore has probably taken the tag of the most congested place traffic wise. There is no order on the roads. And the congestion is due to the IT boom and huge number of company vehicles on the roads. And unlike mumbai/chennai/kolkota and even Hyderabad Bangalore does not have suburban/metro rail system. So things will keep getting worse.

And the video although a good one, has been really speeded up.