vishwasgowda

New Royal Enfield Classic 350cc

Hi Bikers,

I had booked a classic 350cc from Belguam 6 months ago. The problem is that I stay in Bangalore and this place where I have booked my bike is 500Kms from Bangalore.

So is it safe for the bike to be riden for 500kms without first service. I plan to do it with regular breaks in a day or may be break the ride into two days with 250kms each.

I have spoken to the seller and he is not ready to give a delivery to Bangalore.

What do you people think is best for the bike.

Why don't you get the new bike via some transport vehicle ?  If you have Volvo service available between Belgaum and Bangalore, it is much better and safer to get the bike in such a Volvo service.  You need to empty the tank before it is loaded onto the Volvo's belly/storage area. 

However, I feel that there shall be nothing wrong for a RE to be driven for about 500 km.  After all, it is the toughest mobike in the market today and 500 kms is peanuts for it.  Just drive down and enjoy the ride.  Do not over do and push the bike too hard.  Just maintain a comfortable and stable drive.

Thanks a lot Ramesh... I have planned to go ahead with the ride in two days 250kms each with regular breaks inbetween. Will get my oil changed after 250kms to ensure that scrapped metal particles get removed along with the oil. I will also try varying the speed from 40 to 50 kmph...

since the bike is in runin condition go for break journey. what you decided is good option take a pillion for safer side with you.do check the vehicle i.e. pdi is done or not oil levels etc before taking delivery.

@Sandy:

+1

@vishwasgowda:

Follow the words of Sandy,same is what I too want to express.Nothing is better than a bike journey on a brand new bike.But strictly,you must take a pillion rider and he must have a good RE experience too.

Along with this I also have an option of classic 500cc brand new bike. One of my friend has opted not to buy this bike.

So wanted to positives of 500cc over 350cc apart from cost and mileage... Bit confused which to go for now ...

Along with this I also have an option of classic 500cc brand new bike. One of my friend has opted not to buy this bike.

So wanted to positives of 500cc over 350cc apart from cost and mileage... Bit confused which to go for now ...
both are good choice. crusing speed among the two is negligible both can cruise at 80-100kmpl all day long. The tourque of 500 is amazing which will help you in ghats. So go for classic 500Sandy2011-07-19 11:52:38

Hi,

Do not go for classic 500. RE is making a lots of changes to this bike in near future as per the feedbacks from the previous owners. RE has already made some chages (like tyre size, seat...) & lot more has to come in recent future. Also, it gives mileage around 20 -25 KMPL only.