thegr8anand

Best SUV around 25 lacs?

Hi guys,

I am planning to buy a SUV of around 25 lacs. I am considering between Outlander, Santa Fe or X1.

Outlander is petrol only but lot features and cheaper, Santa Fe is a bit pricey but best specs of all and X1 is not a proper SUV and more costly but a BMW.

What do you guys think? I am thinking of Santa Fe but am confused. Any other options?

Thanks.

Keep 4x4 3.0litre Endeavour? or Pajero slx? in your mind too.

Outlander is good only if you are a Mitsubishi"s fan and esp on petrols. Sante-Fe is good and nice but not much encouraged in India due to its origin. X1 is a starting level miniSUV and you wont be much happier with it.

SB@ What you saying is correct, but no other cars can be compete with mitsubishi cars and esp Pajero in reliability, stability, also safety, descent cruising, better performance and FE. Fortuner is lacking in its braking and roadgrip at high speed. Captiva is obsolutely not recommended because it is not much reliable, all the captiva versions are having a diesel pump failure problems too.

The brake problem of Fortuner was sorted long ago. I guess now they get Prado brakes as standard.

True about Mitsubishi, but no good car is good without good dealers and good service.

Fortuner will soon be undergoing some changes. So go for it, Toyota reliability is unquestioned.

http://www.autocarindia.com/news/toyota-fortuner-facelift-unveiled

At this time going for a gas guzzling petrol suv is not an ideal choice.

If not Fortuner, go for Endeavour or Santa Fe.

EDIT

On pure looks, I love Outlander and X1.rahul18102011-07-21 15:56:27

I suggest that you go in for the Snta Fe...it is a well proven product(in other countries)..and is one of the highest selling SUVs in the USA....if youre looking for badge snobbery..go in for the X1...I feel that the fortuner is terribly underequipped for its price...and the pajero feels a decade old..!!

As Said by many, the BEST SUVs in your budget are Pajero followed by Endy followed by X-Trail. If you want to showoff, the Freelander comes into picture, but this should be slightly over your budget. If you want to save more, try the upcoming Mahindra W201 too.

I think New Honda CR-V Automatic is a good bet under 25 L. Just give it a TD. Fortuner has a good body but many of my friends who bought a it have poor overall experience. As for Captiva and Outlander, they r simply not in 'that league'. The best thing about X1 is that it has a BMW tag, though it lags in every other aspect when compared to the rest. Another monster of an SUV in this price band is Ford Endeaver but it doesn't have that sedan like driving pleasure that CR-V gives.

I would suggest you TD a CR-V and decide.

Thanks for your replies guys.

I think I will stick with a diesel SUV so CRV is not an option. I don't really like Fortuner, Endeavor, Captiva, want something different. I have been to the US and already own a Honda Pilot there and have seen the new Pajero, just wonder why they keep selling the 10 yr old model here. So I guess i'll go with Santa Fe as the X1 is not a proper SUV.

As for the X-Trail, I don't know if its better. I think its service and parts will be costlier than the Santa Fe.

I have read good reviews of Yeti but like the X1 it doesn't look like a proper SUV. I don't like Tata or Mahindra.

You dont Like the W201 without even knowing how it looks like? smiley7.gifsmiley18.gif

No quarrels please. !! Likes and dislikes are personal.

@anand

Actually the pajero of other countries, is the Montero here. Unless you have serious off-road desires, Santa Fe is good enough. If you want some luxury Pajero and Endeavour will disappoint you.  Fortuner is a overall good SUV and the recent facelift looks nice too. Better TD some to get better ideas.