Sign in to follow this  
winner48

Spied: Pulsar facelift

Well,what I have noticed is the change in the color theme of the pulsar,a completely blackened face and the engine is not painted in golden instead of previous black.

Rest the bike in red is really looking good and hoping to see these ones with KTM inside.

@Winner:

Is there any way to improve the build quality of my 200?I mean ,can I use the current 220's footpegs and other fibre parts or they are of different size?

Well' date='what I have noticed is the change in the color theme of the pulsar,a completely blackened face and the engine is not painted in golden instead of previous black.

Rest the bike in red is really looking good and hoping to see these ones with KTM inside.

@Winner:

Is there any way to improve the build quality of my 200?I mean ,can I use the current 220's footpegs and other fibre parts or they are of different size?[/quote']

Build quality as in what sense?

Are you planning to get the projector headlamps+ half fairing?

And AFAIK the parts are a straight fit.

@Winner:

From build quality I mean that Pulsar 200 had many complains like breaking of front telescopic forks(mine broken once while performing a stoppie),the strength of footpegs was great,I mean they break even with slightly big jerk(mine replaced twice and third one broken at rear).

So I just wanted to know that is it advisable to get the 220's front fork and footpegs for the bike.Also the tail light cluster too?

Well, if the rear LEDs are fused, get them replaced.

P220 has the same components.

Yeah, the front forks have always been an issue on the P200

Get the 220 forks.

About the foot pegs, no idea.

@Winner:

Actually the LEDs have been replaced once,but now they are misplaced and some guy told me that there is a slight difference in the 200's and current 220's tail hence I can't get it,yet to confirm it from Bajaj service center.

From build quality I mean that Pulsar 200 had many complains like breaking of front telescopic forks(mine broken once while performing a stoppie)' date='the strength of footpegs was great,I mean they break even with slightly big jerk(mine replaced twice and third one broken at rear). [/quote']

Your P200 seems to be from the Initial batches of Pulsar200, almost all of them've developed front Fork breaking problem, some of them even breaked at Braking done at 40kmph speeds.

& Some 200s have also developed On-the move parts unbolting problem.

So I just wanted to know that is it advisable to get the 220's front fork and footpegs for the bike.Also the tail light cluster too?

Yes, you can go for it.

Infact Bajaj have replaced the P200 front forks with that of 220 under Recall programme done immediately after getting complaints from its owners.

Its Rear U-fenders are also shared with P220 but of 150/180 are different.
dr_nishu2011-07-23 20:22:30

@Nishu:

You are absolutely right,mine is from the initial batches itself,in fact my pulsar 200 was the first one here in Meerut.

Recall program!!

I haven't heard anything from the local Bajaj dealer,in fact mine is running on the P200 front forks itself(after they were replaced once),but now I don't take it on the bad patches of roads and long trips.

Stunting was banned from the day its front forks were broken once(I mean stunting from my Pulsar.. smiley17.gif)