rahul1810

ACI-The big scoop on the small car(Maruti 800/YP8)

Well,In my views the 800 was meant to be preserved by the Maruti just like VW preserved its Beetle,because 800 is the car which was Maruti in itself and was the identity of the company in itself.

Hoping this time company gets a good product in the market.

The rear has some signs of the alto mixed up with the Wagon-R.The side profile too seems to be inspired from the Wagon-R but from where the front is taken?

I can't believe going by shape that this car is any way going to be smaller than Alto.TSiVipul2011-07-22 11:53:35

From the Size & profile this car seems to be much bulbulous than Alto or 800.

Isn't its a New 'Designed & Made in/for India' small car which MSIL is going to unveil at AE2012.

And another proof of Greatness about its F8D engine !

IMO, Its the largest selling & produced ever Petrol engine of the World, as it's In production since 1980s & it still seems to serve us for this decade also i.e upto 2020.

Hats Off to this engine. 

@AMG:
Please do explain it to as I am totally unable to understand it.
Does the above shown car looks anywhere near to a Nanao or smaller than an Alto?

Oh thats my mistake. I have earlier mentioned, the spy shot resembles KA but I mean to say HA.

The car in this picture definitely looks bigger 'n better than Alto. This could be upgraded A-star with Japanese back.

20110724_101057_Alto.jpg

This car rectifies the A-Star's mistake of having cramped rear and smallest boot space. With this iteration, this car could fight i10 & Beat in style.

Things I love in a A-Star are Class leading FE, Class leading Handling, Class leading Braking and if it gets better space, I am sure its more VFM than Wagon R, Estilo, i10, Beat,..etc.
creativebala2011-07-24 10:11:37

@Creativebala:

Please take your words back,because in my views A-star is already a brilliant car and is loved by the singles a lot.In fact I am also in love with the way the car handles and is stable even at the elevated speeds of 140-150.

Why Maruti is thinking of withdrawing/changing this car when they themselves know that this car has a particular customer ground of itself?These are the customers who buy this car for its dynamics,not for its FE.

Well,actually this new car looks like "Maruti engineers have left a Wagon-R and an A-star in a single garage for whole night without any partition between them and next day morning they have got this thing. smiley16.gif

A-star is already a brilliant car and is loved by the singles a lot.

That says all. A-Star is a brilliant car only for singles, but they are not the car buying majority. If A-star is coupled with space, it can easily find a place in TOP 5 best sellers.

@Creativebala:

But where will be the star in A-Star when it will become a partially Wagon-R?There are still many people who buy this car because they love to drive,not commute!

Isn't it possible that Maruti Suzuki sells the current A-Star too side by side with a name A-Star compact?TSiVipul2011-07-24 11:17:07

Not a natural progression for 800. Alto is actually the next gen 800 but...

Wish Maruti took this opportunity to really take the 800 platform forward & gave an ode to the legendary car.

Maruti has a chance to repeat the great success but will have to provide a cutting edge, revolutionary car to fit in shoes of 800.

Maruti will reluctantly peg this car against Nano but we've heard rumors of Nano V2 & that Tata is trying to take the game forward with the new Avatar. In case the new Nano clicks, new 800 will have a tough-tough time.