muxyd

Swift VDi or Getz CRDi

I have a swift ZXi  with me. I am planning to sell it and buy another car. I have short listed swift VDi and Getz CRDi. But I am confused to choose from these two.

Do you guys have any suggestions???

agreed but do you think - much as the engine is excellent, and build quality superior - that the getz is worth buying with no 4 wheel discs or ABS even as paid options? I wanted to buy a Getz but decided to boycott Hyundai when I learned they are using safety features to manipulate consumers - they seem to feel that if they offer ABS (which they do on the Getz 1.3 petrol) and 4 wheel discs (which they do on the Verna CRDi) with the Getz that they will cannabilize sales of other models...

Getz is priced higher than Swift. So, if budget is a constraint go for Swift.

Swift loses out on the getz in terms of space. Performance of Swift is not as good as Getz, but not bad either! But, Swift is a good looker. Fuel economy of Swift is very good. No idea about FE of Getz diesel.

For good performance look no further, get the Getz diesel and as soon as you take it out of showroom, head for nearest Yokohama dealer and exchange the OEM chappals for a nice juicy set of Yoko AVS, thats all.

I think the swift is the car 1 should go for.Swift has got chunky looks, decent performance, and fuel efficient engine. Vernas 110 bhp engine is excellent but i feel its too powerful for Getz.I m not sure whether the Getz can handle such a tremendous power output.  

Don't worry about Getz, with right set of tires and alloys it will harness that power with ease and the power to weight ratio of the Getz would mean performance far superior to most cars in its range and beyond.

The Swift Vdi is will be the better buy and more value for money car , hearing a very good feedback from the Swift Diesel Owners, there are hardly any diesel getz sold in my city and there is no response to the dealer enquiring abt the Getz Diesel and i feel the Swift vdi will be a better choice

Regards,

Priya

The mods will reduce your reliability and in most cases driveability. Stick to stock and just do minor mods like alloy and tires, that way you keep your warranty and enjoy the performance as well. The Getz diesel would beat out any Swift diesel with ease, even Swift petrol.

What I want is a gud performance..

And I want to sell my current car is just to get a better miliege/ diesel  car.  I also want enough rear seat leg room...

Hey dude were do you stay may be the VDI has the best milege CRDi is a killer .If you buy anyone sell your ZXI to mesmiley36.gif seriously.

What I want is a gud performance..

And I want to sell my current car is just to get a better miliege/ diesel  car.  I also want enough rear seat leg room...

Hey dude were do you stay may be the VDI has the best milege CRDi is a killer .If you buy anyone sell your ZXI to mesmiley36.gif seriously.

I stays in bglr. But the car is registered at kerala.

I really like in swift is its looks. I am not a fan of gets (look) either. I think I may finalize with swift VDi.

If nothing changes I may trade in ma old swift  this coming week..:)....

Thanx for all your help./.smiley4.gif

If nothing changes I may trade in ma old swift  this coming week..:)....

Thanx for all your help./.smiley4.gif

Something has changed - launch of the Skoda Fabia.

If you are keeping the Swift then go for the Fabia (or the Getz, though it is not that interesting now). Otherwise you may look at the Swift as well.

If the warranty issue does not bug you then after running for say three months in the case of the VDi or Fabia go for a ECU upgrade (Pete!) for about 25-30k. I am sure the Fabia upgrade will also be on the market by now. I would not advise K&N. Look around, there were enough negatives about these on this forum in the early deays.

If the warranty issue does not bug you then after running for say three months in the case of the VDi or Fabia go for a ECU upgrade (Pete!) for about 25-30k.

Can you provide  more details about it?

Thanx...

The Getz CRDI is a good car, but falls very much short on safety features and hauling power, for the power on tap now in a much lighter car than the Verna. Looks like Hyundai wanted the car to bomb, even when someone wants to buy the car they can't have the ABS, Airbags, 4 wheel dics even as options and that's bad. Comparatively the Swift VDI is a sensible car. I'd go for the cheaper Swift VDI any day; or wait for the day Hyundai adds all the above features and adds some sexy alloys and gives a mouthwatering discount, and calls it Getz CRDI S<E>XI. I'd buy that car in red with matching red and black leather interiors.

muxyd please do put wider tires may be put your ZXi 's tyre to it and sell the ZXi with VDi tyre minus 18k.

The idea is not bad.... But i am planning to get new set of alloys as well as tyres....smiley1.gif for the new car...