sudu

Looking for 1st new car

Hi,

I am willing to buy my 1st new car within 1-2 months......budget is within 4 lakhs on road price.

Also I will travel more or less 7-8 KMs per day and some weekend out.

I need good interior and fuel efficient car.

Please advice.

HI,

Go for the i10. There is a version with just A.C, front power windows and power steering. It costs about 4.20--4.30 on road in bangalore. I'm sure it should cost you less if you are any other city.

Cheers,

Sujith

Can you please suggest me some car? I like Indica Xeta......what is your opinion?

There has been a lot of noise about the quality of the Tata vehicles, though the engine durability questions have been about the Diesel. With the X1 likely to be launched/announced very soon, avoid the old Indica.

The i10 is also a good suggestion. By and large my experience is that the second top model is the best value for money. The bottom is primarily 'to get the customer through he door', while the top model in many cases is overpriced. Also, avoid a totally new design for about 2-3 months for the gremlins to be ironed out. If the Swift is within your budget then it will be a good buy.

If you can relax on the interior front, you can consider the Chevrolet Spark or the Zen Estilo, both giving huge discounts at the moment. It will come around 3.5L on road in Bangalore for the A/C and power steering version, without power window.

I would not look at the Estilo. The 4/3 M800 engine is very poor. We had occasion to drive on the GQ in an Alto 1.1 and also a Zen (old carb). At three digit speeds the difference was phenomenal. The Zen took the pants off the Alto in engine refinement and tractability.

Hey,

I think its best that you just look at two options--either the 2nd variant of the i10, think this is called "ERA". This should be less than 4.20lacs on road. If not the only other decent option would be a spark.

Zen Estilo--Not selling very well at the moment.

Indica--New indica due next yr, so buying one now would cause a huge dent in the resale value.

Wagon R--On its way out by the end of next year.

Another economical option would be the Santro, but if you can afford that extra buck for the i10, im sure it would be worth it.

Regards,

Sujith

Maruti Suzuki A Star if you can wait a bit. watch it shed its gremlins too till a few months. Should be contemporary sub 1000cc and should fit in the 4 lakh budget tag.Presently the Swift Petrol is the best option if you can stretch your budget. 

dipshikha121, you have been advertising link after link in almost all your posts.

this is not an advertisement portal.

the mother site - autocarindia, is best in the business, so you should probably check out the reviews in its road tests section. after which you would never want to advertise any other link.

You should go for i10. It has great interiors and base model would come @ 4lacs.Some where i heard that HYUNDAI is offering 5yr extended warranty, check if thats applicable to i10.

If you dont like the looks of i10, then go for the ever reliable SANTRO.

CHEVY SPARK is also worth giving a look.

A big no no for PALIO STILE given its bad A.S.S ( After Sales and Service) and the step motherly treatment it gets in the TATA service stations . If space is your primary concern and you dont mind putting with the bad A.S.S go for it. Else try to avoid PALIO STILE. But i strongly feel that PALIO STILE is not worthy to be your first car. As generally you expect a hassle free car to be your FIRST CAR

Since it is your first car why dont you go do some test drives also. i10 is the top preffered vehicle based on these posts. Test drive that and then maybe the spark and also estilo (even if ur not buying it you can appreciate the advantage say the i10 has when compared to others)