ashikawa

Nissan Sunny: now launched

Though cost complexities are there but Rs.1.1 lac is a huge premium for Diesel over corresponding petrol variant & has plonked the Sunny into New Verna, SX4 category instead of Dzire, Manza.

I think this is a trend going on nowadays, considering the similar pricing strategy for New Swift & Rapid petrol viz Diesel variants by Maruti Suzuki & Skoda respectively.

And due to hugely different fuel pricing, car manufacturers are trying to take the advantage of this situation.

Lets see where the wind blows.

so, its like Nissan Sunny launched at KILLEd price instead of KILLEr pricing.

What is the need for 1.1L when they have their own Diesel engine?

Like in fluence, they should slightly strip the diesel variant sans safety feature and price the diesel at 50k over Gasoline to see good sales.

Since beginning, it was not in the league of Dzire, Manza or Etios. It was above all these car and below Verna, Verna, City, Fiesta pricing. So they were catering to those who don't want to compromise much while buying cheap sedan and don't want to stretch for city/verna/vento. Though they have priced the diesel car at much premium, compared to petrol sibling,  you don't get spacious sedan with good performance, space, F.E. at 7.98L with all bells and whistle. Though quality and design of interior are not that great, for me atleast.

Nissan will reveal details about the Sunny�s Indian name and specifications in the next two weeks, Financial Chronicle�s online edition reports. A top official from Nissan has been quoted talking about the revealing.

5983518874_0554b21e78.jpg

If you thought there�s going to be superchargers and direct injection under the hood, you are not going to like the rest of this post.

IndianAutosBlog has learnt that a 1.6-liter petrol engine and a 1.5-liter diesel engine will provide motive force. The latter is borrowed from the Micra hatch and tuned to return better performance. The Sunny is the second car to ride of the V-Platform. A MPV is expected to follow, but a launch in India is unlikely. Instead, India will get the NV200 van next year.

5983519086_e9b7ae0090.jpg

The sedan will be manufactured at the Oragadam facility of the Renault-Nissan combine. Meanwhile an IndianAutosBlog.com reader who wished to stay undercover sent us two snaps of the diesel V-Platform sedan (we�re confused what to call it) testing outside Chennai. The car caught on test had black interiors and had basic equipment. The top-end variant will have beige interiors and features like alloy wheels, automatic climate control, auto folding mirrors, etc.

Sunny and Versa have been ruled out for India as the former was a 50cc scooter from Bajaj that exited production, while the latter was a rare flop from the house of Maruti Suzuki.

Will the Nissan sedan be called Almera? Will it be named March? What do you think Nissan India will call this car?

Sorce: IAB

I think it provides excellent details about the recently released car and relevant components. I gives a some awesome evaluation about recently technological innovation of the car. I really appreciate.