sham

how do I remove the wheels

I just have this confusion while removing/fitting the wheel back on.

im not too sure which of the 4 nuts to be removed first and conversely which one should be bolted first while fitting the wheel back.am asking this because the fiat guys had told me that there is a sequence in which the nuts are to be removed/fitted .

if anyone has an idea pls advice

Every other one ie: 1,3,2,4.  More important is that they must be torqued to specification and not wrenched in such that a gorilla couldn't remove them.  To do so warps the wheel...very common.

@Sham:

although I have just twice changed/removed the wheels in my life but still I can say that there is really no pattern for the job to be done.

If there is,then just rotate the wheel and hence the pattern is changed.In other words,I mean to say "Every bolt is first and last wherever you start with".

One question from me:Should we firstly tighten the opposite bolts and then the other ones,like firstly first and third and then second and fourth?

right i understand that there is no first or second here.

But you can start with any nut call it 1 and so on...

The reason for this is when i took my car to the showroom the mechanic actually suggest something like this..

I didnt pay attention at that time.

I think what he said was to consider the nut closest to the air screw as the 1st and so on.

It doesn't matter where you start.  Just follow the pattern and remember to TORQUE them correctly.   If you ever have to take the tire off the rim, put the rim an a flat surface to ensure it's flat and then flip it over to check the other side.

Be very careful with the pot metal steel wheels, I always taken them to the tyre centre and just get them to break the seal. The easiest way to do this is loosening of the axle for the friction component to help counteract loosening the axle. Remove the two bolts on the rear brake calliper.