creativebala

spotted: Peugeot 207 & 508, True Swift competitors

From the looks point of view, these cars can really give tough times to New Swift, Polo, i20. Citreon is also known to make good Diesel cars, so some good cars in the pipeline. The person who shot these actually saw 3 different cars, one being a hatch, a sedan & a station wagon.

peugeot_207_feline.jpg

2011_peugeot_508_f34_ns_71510_717.jpg

207 SW, a small station wagon

peugeot-207-sw.jpg

BornFree2011-08-02 04:20:34

Where were these spotted in India?

I see these wierd cars everyday in Abudhabi... I hope they dnt bring them to India, v already have wierd & wacked cars :P

207 - would land up near Jazz territory. It would be a super luxury hatch. Somthing around 7 lakhs +.

508 would go the Jetta route. expensive than Laura but cheaper than Superb.

What is Indian obsession with swift.

Every hatchback is termed as swift competitor.

Bench marking is usedin every industry to come out with god and competitive products. The little known fact in our country is, ALL MANUFACTURES USE JAPANESE CARS FOR BENCHMARKING.

for entry hatch, it's Alto

For hatch, it's Swift

For sedan, it's City

For SUV, it's Fortuner

That says the ability of japanese to provide reliable cars as well as their ability to understand our market.

It would be better if 207 is compared with Fabia or i20 or VW Polo than to Swift.

Swift is better to be compared when performance / ride quality / handling etc... comes in picture but if we look at the quality of material, plastics, interior etc... Swift can not be taken as benchmark while comparing with 207.

As a brand building measure Peugeot 207 & 508 looks just right products.

By introducing premium products in the beginning the company can buy some time to build dealer network and service network more thoroughly.

Also it helps companies to spread  gradually from metro cities to cities to small towns and than to villages.

Seems like Peugeot is following Renault but possibly will come with two launch together i.e. premium hatchback 207 to compete with New Swift, Polo, Fabia, i20, Jazz etc... and a mid size luxury saloon 508 to take on Fluence, Altis, Honda City and Vento.

@Tejasmehta:

For the purpose of brand building,these may be brilliant products,but this can also cause some problems like the one MS is facing now a days.They are now considered just small car brands and many buyers don't even think of their bigger cars.

While if you look at VW,people consider it as a luxury brand and are proud to own a Polo.

This car may have more character,flair etc etc than the current swift but IMHO LET THE NEW KID COME OUT OF THE SHADES..MAYBE THE BENCHMARK GETS RISEN..

@TsiVipul,  - OT : Hope you are keeping well and must have been recovered.

I agree with you but I feel FIAT can win the customers if they provide exclusive products.

If we look at the recent history Fiat has never tried to play number game just like Toyota by offering substandard products but they tried to bring in and offer best technology and products such as Linea T-Jet and also Punto with various varients with maximum focus given to the driving pleasure.

I feel Fiat should further take more steps to present themselves as a manufacturer of quality performance vehicles.

Also Fiat has very strong roots in the Indian market as they are selling their diesel engines to TATA as well as MSIL so for them business without selling car is also good.

Because of this reason if FIAT focus more on exclusive products to provide to it's customer something special than it will be win-win situation for both i.e. FIAT India Ltd as well as a FIAT owner.

Peugeot Officially Enters India On 5th January

Peugeot will officially enter India on the 5th of January, 2012 at the Auto Expo. The French automaker will unveil the Peugeot brand in India by showcasing its range of cars at the biennial event. Mr. Frederic Fabre, Managing Director of PSA Peugeot Citroen, along with Mr. Thierry Poirat, Vice President, Peugeot India, will be present on the occasion and will address the press conference to the media. Just a last month the company broke the founding stone at it