hector0285

LAURA TDI + PROBLEMS

ITS Not been 6 months and hardly 9000kms run and yesterday the AC was not working and i went to the dealer and he said the AC condenser had failed and said it will be replaced .

He said there have been many problems with the new laura AC . But i rembered while buying the car i was very concerned about the AC as i read it in AUTOCAR many times about the problem and the sales said it has been rectified in the new model .

Problems like this spoil the fun of ownership and cause a long term disbelive.

Anybody else facing any problems with the new laura tdi /tsi please reply as it will be helpfull for other owners /buyers to be carefull .

Thread moved.
BornFree2011-08-03 13:20:35

hector

I myself dont own a laura but my firend does,his car has returned from a long trip of kanpur which was about 1200 kms long todays afternoon,I saw the mileage and the car is showing about 15200 kms and the car was bought in january and i find that the AC is working well with no complains yet,re-confirmed it from his driver too just now.

@Hector:

I think my Laura is absolutely free from any such problems.Mine is a January 2011 TSI Ambiente.today also its on a tour to Jaipur and Bikaner and has clocked about 16100 kms as on yesterday(according to my chauffeur)still I am to face any such problem.Everything is working fine.

Maybe his problem is associated with only TDIs?

WHERE ARE OUR MODS AND SENIOR/MORE EXPERIENCED MEMBERS?WE NEED THEIR ADVICE.

Hector,

All I can say is "Yet another Skoda victim". Almost 90% of ACIans never buy a Skoda or say never consider or never advise a Skoda, but when ever I highlight this, it will rain brickbats on me.

Do post us on every step on your car's recovery.

PS- Haven't you taken the 4yrs Cover? If so, it should save your pocket.
creativebala2011-08-06 09:26:29

@Creativebala and Hector:

This time I agree with Bala that you are also one of the Skoda bitten victims.Bala,but believe me,Skoda is really not that bad.

As I have already mentioned,maybe this problem is associated with the TDIs,but since the car of Hector is under the warranty so everything will be done for free.

@Hector:

If you have not taken the Skoda shield,then get it(if possible now) as soon as possible.Even I too say that spares are priced really very high and hence maintaining one is still not that easy as it sounds.

Not something new, Laura has had problems with AC. Get it fixed under warrenty and see if they cover condensers under AC warrenty.

Once you are out of warrenty if you shall have the same problem (ever mercedes C class has the same problem) there are good and reliable aftermarket condensors available.

Thanks for your time people my car AC has been fixed and that to free of cost as it is under warranty and the condenser has been changed with compressor and i have 4 years with out worry as its under extended warranty .

To my suprises my uncle who had bought same laura tdi a/t has faced the same problem and even that has been sovled , he even had a octavia before and he says he had that cars condenser changed also under warranty .

Really as per my view i see skoda service better now i dont know about before but it surely is better that honda today .

(THIS IS MY FIRST VISIT TO A SKODA SERVICE CENTER)

@hector: So it's a 'given' that Skoda's a/c "will" fail in the warranty period. Is Honda's ASS that bad or is your comment one on the rebound after getting your Laura a/c problem solved? Skoda, at this rate, must feel like one helluva demanding 'mistress', no offence.

Durango Dude2011-08-23 01:11:26

its not about my problem being rectified ,its rather about how it is done ,i think skoda is learning from its past mistakes and improving its A.S.S .

At this moment i can not comment on the cost of ownership but i can say this about owning a honda city zx for the last 5 YEARS is that these cars (honda) dont need much spares yill 40,000 kms or say 4 years ,but then starts the bills pouring in  and then you realise that how abnormally these spare parts are prices i have been charged RS 300/- for 3 plastic srews that go in to one of the mud gaurds .

i have spend nearly RS 20000/- on the last 10000 kms (40000-50000) only on service station bills ,out of which onlt one major part that has been changed that is disc pads around 3900/- rest is servicing bills .

Hi, Hector, actually most of all the cars needs some change of parts between 30-50K, like break pads, battery, gear oil, petrol filters and many more things. Honda and all other manufacturer are charging exorbitantly high prices for spares and they are trained to make you change N no. of parts, without actual need. Honda calls for servicing every 3 months, which is not required at all. If you are using semi-synthetic oil, there is no need to go to service station for 10K/ one year, except for any issue. For small repairing I always prefer local mechanic, nearby my home/office. All the best.

Hi' date=' Hector, actually most of all the cars needs some change of parts between 30-50K, like break pads, battery, gear oil, petrol filters and many more things. Honda and all other manufacturer are charging exorbitantly high prices for spares and they are trained to make you change N no. of parts, without actual need. Honda calls for servicing every 3 months, which is not required at all. If you are using semi-synthetic oil, there is no need to go to service station for 10K/ one year, except for any issue. For small repairing I always prefer local mechanic, nearby my home/office. All the best.

[/quote']

I got your point but my last servicing at 49000 kms the bill was RS 8500 out of which major part was brake disc which is 3900 and rest was all servicing cost like brake cleaning ,engine cleaning , fuel jet cleaning ,taplets cleaning and adjuments and lastly the actual servicing .

when they are charging seperately for every dam thing then why again servicing charges and yes 3 months for servicing is day light robbery my swift service interwal is 10000 kms and now laura is 15000 they both being a diesel

and the honda being a petrol is much cleaner engine as any other petrol engine when compared to diesel engines .