gautam888

Need a SUV - Safari a good option?

Whats your Budget - Rs 12.00L

Kms driven monthly - 2000+

Bodyshell - SUV/ MUV

City/Highway split - 50:50 (Rough himachal highways)

Max No.of Passangers - 2 most of the time  

Boot space Importance - Medium

Usage by -normal

Ownership - city

Safety - medium

Prime requirement - Ride/ Handling
Engine type- Diesel (preferably above 1500cc)

Above are the facts and I am thinking on Tata safari 2x4.. is that a good option?

Is there any new SUV coming in the near future..? in 2-3 months

Prime requirement - Ride/ Handling

Current Safari is not so good in Handling dept, so this issue is addressed in Tata Merlin. Do wait a little and go for Merlin. If you are in such a hurry, go for Aria 2x4 version.

The only other car for your need could be Mahindra W201, but thats a softroader, where as Merlin is an Off-Roader.

gautam

Why dont you go for an innova?

It handles good,has good ride,FE is good and maintainance is also minimum.

you can buy it with assurance that this is the best thing in 4X2 on the roads.

@Gautam888:

Right now I am driving an Innova and i can assure you that the Toyota Van is far better than the Tata UV.

Rest,I must also follow the true trend and if I do so,then my heart says Innova,but my head says ARIA 4X2.

Just think,for the price of an Innova G or a Safari GX or Scorpio VLX,you can get a middle model Aria which has better ride,better space and there is a different ambience too..ALSO DON'T FORGET THE ABS,AIRBAGS AND OTHER FEATURES IT OFFERS.

Scorpio/Safari both loves to roll too much,Aria is quite gentle as compared to them.

I really love to sit inside Safari and it really give feeling of King of the road that is something missing in Innova . But driving safari is not a easy task.We have to put 50 % more effort to handlle it than Innova and Scorpio.Scorpio's front seats are really good but i simply hate the inclination of its middle row seats.But you can drive the car as simple as any other sedan. Innova scores more in terms of Ride and handling but you can not expect SUV feeling.

So decide if you want pure SUV feeling under 12L wait for Merlin .If you can comprimise middle row seat comfort go for Scorpio. Dont want SUV feeling for most reliable and maintance free Innova.

Go for base Aria 4x2 as its priced at Rs.11.61 lacs(Delhi).

Its truly a Kingsize car for the price spend. Its Road presence, Comfort, Refinement & Equipment levels all are well ahead of its own stablemates & rivals.

Two days back chcked the mid variant tata aria 4x2 and I can say that this is the best car available at the price,it just lacks 6 airbags and traction control.Rst it has everything better than innova,scorpio or safari.

Right now,what my mind says is a Tata Aria 4X2 base or mid or even the top end variant,its having a fantastic ride and is loaded with some really useful features.the Tata service network is also good and rolls very less than Scorpio and Safari.

Else wait for the new Innova to arrive,maybe it arrives within next 6 months.

Buy the Aria or wait till diwali till the new safari is launched ,check the net for image of the new Safari . The current one has good drivetrain but the overall ergonomics and plastic are very sad in quality.